• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

When ever I read sales threads I notice that some people add things on to the "No hall of shamers, or probies', by adding things like " no one on my not to do business list, ignore list, or boardies I don't like, etc." I was wondering what happens when one of those people post in an :takeit: it in a sales thread? I would think it would be an awkward situation.

I'm not talking about a person intentionally trying to on someone else's sales thread, since they know they would be on a list, but a person who is ignorant of the fact, and did not know the seller wouldn't sell to them.What would be the best course of action for that since I think it could also be a bit embarrassing for them if told you're not welcome publicly in the thread itself? Would a PM be the best way?

Best course of action is to send a PM to the person saying "Apologies but you are on my personal do not sell list and therefore I am unable to complete the transaction" and then post in the thread XX is still available.

Best course of action is to send a PM to the person saying "Apologies but you are on my personal do not sell list and therefore I am unable to complete the transaction" and then post in the thread XX is still available.
Party pooper! :baiting::grin:

Back when I was being a royal individual_without_enough_empathy, I had that happen to me once. And while I cannot remember the exact reason, I'm sure at the time, it was well deserved.

Consequently, I decided to change my ways, apologized to that particular boardie and now we have a nice business relationship.

Point is: people can make a change for the better.

When ever I read sales threads I notice that some people add things on to the "No hall of shamers, or probies', by adding things like " no one on my not to do business list, ignore list, or boardies I don't like, etc." I was wondering what happens when one of those people post in an :takeit: it in a sales thread? I would think it would be an awkward situation.

I'm not talking about a person intentionally trying to on someone else's sales thread, since they know they would be on a list, but a person who is ignorant of the fact, and did not know the seller wouldn't sell to them.What would be the best course of action for that since I think it could also be a bit embarrassing for them if told you're not welcome publicly in the thread itself? Would a PM be the best way?

Someone posts a Dr. Balls graphic that says "The person is on the ... list."

An Avengers 57 just sold by PM in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8508902

A poster then makes a statement that the book looks trimmed on 3 sides. After comparing it to a graded copy I have it certainly looks like it is missing quite a bit of art on top & bottom edges.

Is it appropriate to discuss this type stuff in a sales thread?

A poster then makes a statement that the book looks trimmed on 3 sides. After comparing it to a graded copy I have it certainly looks like it is missing quite a bit of art on top & bottom edges.

I do not think it is appropriate.

But I had sent the seller a pm before the sale was completed letting him know I thought the book had CT in the clouds. He replied saying he did not think it was restored and then the book sold.

Edited by The-Collector

But I had sent the seller a pm before the sale was completed letting him know I thought the book had CT in the clouds. He replied saying he did not think it was restored and then the book sold.

I agree that it wasn't appropriate, but since the book was bought by PM, there is no other way to let the buyer know there may be issues.

I certainly miss color resto & trimming more than I should, but this book really jumps out as trimmed when compared to other copies.

I agree that it wasn't appropriate, but since the book was bought by PM, there is no other way to let the buyer know there may be issues.

I certainly miss color resto & trimming more than I should, but this book really jumps out as trimmed when compared to other copies.

I agree. In this case I was equivocating about posting in the sales thread but someone beat me to it. It would be good to give the seller a chance to respond in more depth before crapping in his sales thread.

Edited by The-Collector

+1. I noticed a bit of color touch near the spine (black areas as well as pink clouds) before I read your comment.

+1. I noticed a bit of color touch near the spine (black areas as well as pink clouds) before I read your comment.

Did you send a pm?

Did you send a pm?

No, just seeing this now.

I actually made a comment about the color touch after one poster commented about it being trimmed. I don't feel it's thread crapping as the poster was trying to do the right thing.

It could save a lot of headaches for both parties, especially since the buyer is unknown and no one can share with him/her directly.