• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's frustrating sometimes that we HAVE to have a price in the sale forums. I'm sitting on a fair amount of esoteric that I have no idea how to price. Nothing exorbitant, but stuff that would net me a good amount if I could sell it...it's just not efficient time-wise to exhaustively research it all. I know people here would be interested since it all would be cheap, but I'd rather just throw up group pictures and have people claim items at $3-5 each instead of pricing every single thing when price information isn't readily available on everything.
auction here in several lots. I've had decent success with that on my bulk low dollar stuff. Hard work but in the end it looks good in the PayPal acct

It's frustrating sometimes that we HAVE to have a price in the sale forums. I'm sitting on a fair amount of esoteric that I have no idea how to price. Nothing exorbitant, but stuff that would net me a good amount if I could sell it...it's just not efficient time-wise to exhaustively research it all. I know people here would be interested since it all would be cheap, but I'd rather just throw up group pictures and have people claim items at $3-5 each instead of pricing every single thing when price information isn't readily available on everything.

Auction that mess

auction here in several lots. I've had decent success with that on my bulk low dollar stuff. Hard work but in the end it looks good in the PayPal acct

I've never run an auction here...just seems like a limited reach.

I've never run an auction here...just seems like a limited reach.

couldn't you just put up pics and a high BIN, then field offers? If the stuff is THAT rare, those who are interested will reach out to you or possibly even pop a premium BIN. I know your time is valuable, but you're not going to change the rule, so there doesn't seem like there's too much to discuss.

couldn't you just put up pics and a high BIN, then field offers? If the stuff is THAT rare, those who are interested will reach out to you or possibly even pop a premium BIN. I know your time is valuable, but you're not going to change the rule, so there doesn't seem like there's too much to discuss.

I know, and I'm not trying to change the rule. I was just venting. Like one of the things I just found was a large HC Buck Rogers book, no dust jacket and the corners are heavily damaged. Rough shape, but still readable and someone might enjoy it for $5-10...but it's not worth the time to individually take the picture and list it where I could take a group shot of like 30 books and say "make an offer on what you'd like."

I guess I could put $25 each OBO, eh?

Point is moot. I posted it, someone humped the button, post removed.

I guess I'll have to post a picture of everything in the box.

Chip - you don;t have to post pics of everything. As Rule 7 in the Guidelines states:

7. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

So you only need to say what is in there: For example, box contains:

Captain Bujlldog #7 - VG

Return Of HippoMan #3 - Fine

RadioBuzz #11 - VF

Also if you replace the word "Box" with the word "Lot" it can help.

Chip - you don;t have to post pics of everything. As Rule 7 in the Guidelines states:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

Captain Bujlldog #7 - VG

RadioBuzz #11 - VF

:takeit:

Captain Bujlldog #7 - VG

RadioBuzz #11 - VF

:takeit:

Sorry Paperheart - someone JUST snagged it! :insane:

i sense a problematic math issue in a current sales thread.

...you speak of the 40% off list price vs the 40% off the listed price dilemma ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u