• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Threadcrapping takes NO HOLIDAYS!!!!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9062117#Post9062117

These are great (excellent) books Again, as I had mentioned to you, if these were in the GPA range, they would of been sold by now. My offer on the ASM 6 stands (and fair). Ebay prices do not sell here.

mike

lol

Public embarrassment is an interest choice as a negotiation tactic.

The thing that I take the most issue with in that post is the phrase "would of."

It amazes me how often I see people write that phrase, which makes no grammatical sense. I understand that the pronunciation of "would've" (i.e., the contraction for "would have") sounds like "would of"...but c'mon people...tighten it up.

vil2_prof.gif

I openly invite people to negotiate within my sales threads. I prefer it.

That would be entertaining. However, I doubt everyone shares your "free form hippie love no sweat take it easy Eagles 1972 Live at the Arie Crown Theatre" style openness to price critique-stance.

The thing that I take the most issue with in that post is the phrase "would of."

It amazes me how often I see people write that phrase, which makes no grammatical sense. I understand that the pronunciation of "would've" (i.e., the contraction for "would have") sounds like "would of"...but c'mon people...tighten it up.

vil2_prof.gif

Finally. So many spelling mistakes corrected but I have never seen this one mentioned.

That would be entertaining. However, I doubt everyone shares your "free form hippie love no sweat take it easy Eagles 1972 Live at the Arie Crown Theatre" style openness to price critique-stance.

You won't get many lowball offers. ;)

You won't get many lowball offers. ;)

It used to happen all the time before they cracked down on threaddefecation.

And if you read that post again, it's one part negotiation, but 2 parts simply calling the books overpriced which isn't really negotiating as much as poisoning the well for other people perusing the thread....that's the type of behavior that may push other buyers away from the thread and limiting the competition for the aforementioned threaddumper.

And if you read that post again, it's one part negotiation, but 2 parts simply calling the books overpriced which isn't really negotiating as much as poisoning the well for other people perusing the thread....that's the type of behavior that may push other buyers away from the thread and limiting the competition for the aforementioned threaddumper.

There's a sale on GPA from this August for slightly more than the seller was asking. So the threadkrap that the price was outside of "GPA range" isn't even accurate.

I was taking the conversation in my own direction. :)

He made a mistake with the post.

You need to have a sales thread for this to occur. :baiting:

Board sales are a bigger headache than eBay. I eliminated them for the most part. Maybe a holiday auction thread. hm

Although I do think open negotiations within a thread would be entertaining.

As soon as some guy throws out a figure, some other dude can jump in and say how he'll do better. Watch them bloody each other until one is left standing to paypal you. I'd pay a buck to watch that go down. lol

One of the best things I did with board sales was to list the sale prices as firm. Nobody gets bent out of shape negotiating, haggling, lowballing, or otherwise giving-and-taking. Also, buyers don't have to worry that their negotiating skills left them short of getting the best price possible. Selling is easier, too, not having to juggle multiple negotiations at once that sometimes include the same book or books.

To each his own, of course, but I wish more sellers would list their firm, very best prices right upfront, and not try to squeeze a little bit extra out of prospective buyers in the hopes that a few will make purchases above the price at which they'd part with their books. 2c

One of the best things I did with board sales was to list the sale prices as firm. Nobody gets bent out of shape negotiating, haggling, lowballing, or otherwise giving-and-taking. Also, buyers don't have to worry that their negotiating skills left them short of getting the best price possible. Selling is easier, too, not having to juggle multiple negotiations at once that sometimes include the same book or books.

To each his own, of course, but I wish more sellers would list their firm, very best prices right upfront, and not try to squeeze a little bit extra out of prospective buyers in the hopes that a few will make purchases above the price at which they'd part with their books. 2c

Which is why I prefer to run auctions. :)

Can't be 99 cents!

Although I do think open negotiations within a thread would be entertaining.

As soon as some guy throws out a figure, some other dude can jump in and say how he'll do better. Watch them bloody each other until one is left standing to paypal you. I'd pay a buck to watch that go down. lol

I'm very tempted. Not sure I have a cool enough book to start a war.