• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Finally ran out of luck I see. :)

More like you finally found some. My goodness, I don't think I've ever been thrashed like that in my 10 years of playing FF. You're the favorite, that's for sure. I'm just trying to get that 3rd place slot.

:shy:

Finally ran out of luck I see. :)

More like you finally found some. My goodness, I don't think I've ever been thrashed like that in my 10 years of playing FF. You're the favorite, that's for sure. I'm just trying to get that 3rd place slot.

:shy:

:applause:

Unrelated to this site, I purchased some tpbs and a couple of comics. That gave me free shipping from the seller. The fact that comics are not allowed to be shipped via Media Mail, I never thought twice about it until the seller sent the tracking info. Darn Media Mail.

Guess what happened? Package was scanned delivered but missing. Someone was home all day and the package was never delivered. I spoke to the mailman the next morning at the loading dock (I didn't recognize him so I am not even sure that he was my mailman) and he swears he delivered a package to me and upstairs. Go upstairs and they weren't even expecting a package from the post office nor did they receive one. (They did get one from FedEx same day) None of my neighbors ever saw a package outside my door. They all enter the building at different times too. I got several packages this holiday season without any problems.

I have emailed the seller three times since Tuesday over this and requested that he open up a claim. In the meantime, I am going to report this to my local Post Master as clearly something happen and my post office isn't being 100% truthful or doesn't really care. I spoke to the supervisor that morning on the loading docks and he basically waved me off to calling the 1-800 number and complain.

Anyway, I understand that it is the holiday and people travel but the seller hasn't emailed me back. Frankly, I am getting annoyed at the lack of communication. I have purchased from him in the past so I am not a unknown to him either. Right now I am at them point of filing a paypal claim. It isn't a terrible amount of money but I am just frustrated at the amount of time and worry I have invested without one peep from him.

Should I just ride this out until Monday?

Unrelated to this site, I purchased some tpbs and a couple of comics. That gave me free shipping from the seller. The fact that comics are not allowed to be shipped via Media Mail, I never thought twice about it until the seller sent the tracking info. Darn Media Mail.

Guess what happened? Package was scanned delivered but missing. Someone was home all day and the package was never delivered. I spoke to the mailman the next morning at the loading dock (I didn't recognize him so I am not even sure that he was my mailman) and he swears he delivered a package to me and upstairs. Go upstairs and they weren't even expecting a package from the post office nor did they receive one. (They did get one from FedEx same day) None of my neighbors ever saw a package outside my door. They all enter the building at different times too. I got several packages this holiday season without any problems.

I have emailed the seller three times since Tuesday over this and requested that he open up a claim. In the meantime, I am going to report this to my local Post Master as clearly something happen and my post office isn't being 100% truthful or doesn't really care. I spoke to the supervisor that morning on the loading docks and he basically waved me off to calling the 1-800 number and complain.

Anyway, I understand that it is the holiday and people travel but the seller hasn't emailed me back. Frankly, I am getting annoyed at the lack of communication. I have purchased from him in the past so I am not a unknown to him either. Right now I am at them point of filing a paypal claim. It isn't a terrible amount of money but I am just frustrated at the amount of time and worry I have invested without one peep from him.

I was just tracking a media mail package these last two weeks. It was marked ready for pickup at my po box on the 16th. So I kept checking and no notice left in my box. I finally asked for a supervisor on the 22nd and he checked on found it for me. He said he had his crew catching up on priority mail and they didn't have a chance to do the physical sorting of media mail because of the volume overall.

So I'd be patient.

I doubt I will see that package ever again. I truly hope it does pop up but I live in a large complex. If it was mis-delivered like I believe it was, I have little faith anyone would return it to me. I have had too many packages delivered and left outside until I got home this year. So I cannot image anyone stealing it other than the mailman himself. I hate media mail because it is difficult to get anyone in the post office will investigate it.

The odd thing was seeing the mailman loading up an Enterprise van vs the normal Post office trucks. That is another reason I doubt it was stolen. Who would follow a large Enterprise van? That early morning visit raised a few concerns that I will bring up when I speak with the Post Master on Monday.

I was just tracking a media mail package these last two weeks. It was marked ready for pickup at my po box on the 16th. So I kept checking and no notice left in my box. I finally asked for a supervisor on the 22nd and he checked on found it for me. He said he had his crew catching up on priority mail and they didn't have a chance to do the physical sorting of media mail because of the volume overall.

So I'd be patient.

I had a First Class package ship on Dec 14th then didn't leave local sorting hub until the 24th. I received an email from the customer at 10pm Christmas Eve telling me that I sucked for not delivering the Christmas present in time. Would have been nice to know a few days earlier so I could have either tracked it down or shipped another. All over a $5 item. :ohnoez:

I assume it was scanned as "delivered", however, you did not receive it.

If it is scanned as "delivered" on USPS.com, Paypal will side with the shipper.

No difference if it had shipped Priority.

This time of year lots of packages are simply left on doorsteps with barely a knock on the door.

:(

So what's the current policy on Mystery Boxes as long as there's no "chance" option? In other words if I'm offering up a Mystery Box for $50 shipped but there are at least 60 books in each box. Is that allowed?

I think current policy on mystery boxes is even if you list them on your Facebook page... you will first receive a strike which will then be reduced to a wrist slap. ;)

How about just saying that you are selling a cardboard box for $50. You can then add that you will include bound printed matter inside it. Some may be interested in in such a box.

Could it be copies of "Cat Fancy" ? I hope so.

How about just saying that you are selling a cardboard box for $50. You can then add that you will include bound printed matter inside it. Some may be interested in in such a box.

Ive been to actual live auctions where old bottles of sealed wiskey etc would hit the block and the auctioneer would be sure to say that he was only selling the bottle itself and not the contents (you need a liquor lic to sell liquor I guess and thats the loop hole)

Ive been to actual live auctions where old bottles of sealed wiskey etc would hit the block and the auctioneer would be sure to say that he was only selling the bottle itself and not the contents (you need a liquor lic to sell liquor I guess and thats the loop hole)

I'm selling these small plastic bags. Not the crack inside them.

You got references?

You got references?

Of course.

dave-chappelle-07-23-15-1.png