• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

In one of the threads asking about value he also posted that the book was for sale, causing the mods to delete it.

Read Racer-X's very first post here, in Gold Comics, why didn't his post get pulled ?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9682284&fpart=1

his tactics seem to be okay with everyone. I really don't know what's legit around here anymore but it's all good.

Racer-X's tactics you describe are not OK with me...they are very annoying (as far as board-related annoyances go). I directly called him out in one of his early pimping threads in Gold. After that, when it was obviously becoming habitual (and not just a one-time oops), I button humped another one of those threads.

The mods seemingly ignored my notification. :D

Thank you for validating my point. So fellow Boardies, why is Racer-X's tactics acceptable to you ? He pimps at a collection level, Batman13 was only one or two books.

Its not. PM the mods and ask them why they didn't nuke his pimp thread.

Here's another pimp thread, obviously okay because it's Racer-X, titled 'Look What I found' .........

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9682284&fpart=1

You obviously have a point, Bob, but I don't see that anyone hit notify on any post. I just hit the button myself and got a reply screen each time.

So probably no one knew.

Sharon, thanks for the validation, I appreciate it. When I asked about Batman13's transgressions, I sensed a lot of dislike for him in the replies. For some reason, this bothered me. I'm just pointing out that Racer-X and many other Board favorites get away with far worse and it is tolerated. I am befuddled by this.

Sharon, thanks for the validation, I appreciate it. When I asked about Batman13's transgressions, I sensed a lot of dislike for him in the replies. For some reason, this bothered me. I'm just pointing out that Racer-X and many other Board favorites get away with far worse and it is tolerated. I am befuddled by this.

Maybe it's not "tolerated" maybe no one saw it.

Maybe it's not "tolerated" maybe no one saw it.

Sharon, Boardies were PM'ing with offers in these 'Pimp' threads. Others begging him to sell on the Boards. Maybe Racer-X's product was better than Batman13's but in any case, Boardies seem to react differently.

Sharon, may I remind you of Edowen's post. The Mods ignored him ?

his tactics seem to be okay with everyone. I really don't know what's legit around here anymore but it's all good.

Racer-X's tactics you describe are not OK with me...they are very annoying (as far as board-related annoyances go). I directly called him out in one of his early pimping threads in Gold. After that, when it was obviously becoming habitual (and not just a one-time oops), I button humped another one of those threads.

The mods seemingly ignored my notification. :D

I'm sure Ed notified, but I'm guessing it was another thread. In any case, I'm AGREEING with you;) They were both things that should not be happening.

:foryou:

Thanks. Yes. Ed's notify was on another thread of Racer-X. There are multiple examples of pimping from Racer-X. This is not a one off. This is why I am puzzled by the backlash at Batman13. It's not the practice, as much as the person ?

I'm sure Ed notified, but I'm guessing it was another thread. In any case, I'm AGREEING with you;) They were both things that should not be happening.

Thanks. Yes. Ed's notify was on another thread of Racer-X. There are multiple examples of pimping from Racer-X. This is not a one off. This is why I am puzzled by the backlash at Batman13. It's not the practice, as much as the person ?

You don't seem to be listening. We agree that Racer-X's behavior is ridiculous. Batman13 got his strike for multiple things. He posted 3 or 4 sales threads that got entirely deleted because he refused to follow basic rules. He had his books for sale on other sites while for sale on the forum. He used a stock image of a cgc book without saying it was a stock image only to later update with that information. He used inappropriate selective gpa reporting to hype his books. He made factually inaccurate/baseless claims that his book was the only 9.6 to ever be for sale despite the fact that it was 1 of 2 on the census and he would have no knowledge of any off internet sales or even internet sales that took place on small dealer websites. Any 1 of those things would not get a strike; but he did ALL of them in multiple sales posts. We get it; you think racer-x should have a strike and stop pimping his books all over the place. Batman13's strike was entirely deserved and I honestly hope he does not come back here since I don't like disingenuous snake oil salesmen.

You don't seem to be listening. We agree that Racer-X's behavior is ridiculous. Batman13 got his strike for multiple things. He posted 3 or 4 sales threads that got entirely deleted because he refused to follow basic rules. He had his books for sale on other sites while for sale on the forum. He used a stock image of a cgc book without saying it was a stock image only to later update with that information. He used inappropriate selective gpa reporting to hype his books. He made factually inaccurate/baseless claims that his book was the only 9.6 to ever be for sale despite the fact that it was 1 of 2 on the census and he would have no knowledge of any off internet sales or even internet sales that took place on small dealer websites. Any 1 of those things would not get a strike; but he did ALL of them in multiple sales posts. We get it; you think racer-x should have a strike and stop pimping his books all over the place. Batman13's strike was entirely deserved and I honestly hope he does not come back here since I don't like disingenuous snake oil salesmen.

I understand. Batman13 deserved it. If I am getting annoying with my quest for equal justice, I apologize. BTW, I think the Mod just deleted one of Racer-X's threads.

I understand. Batman13 deserved it. If I am getting annoying with my quest for equal justice, I apologize. BTW, I think the Mod just deleted one of Racer-X's threads.

Good to hear about the thread deletion. I think what it comes down to is bad behavior will get modified, but if you act toolish it will get modified faster.

Could be worse. Could be a noob making claims about a book being the only one in existence, who gets upset when asked to provide proof, who then insults the board members, begins using racist statements, admits not to paying taxes

Luckily he didn't sell the book here...oh wait he did

You do realize this wasn't a one time "oopsy" on batmanfan's part resulting in a strike, right?

He did the same thing repeatedly and had multiple threads pulled for continuously failing to comply with Board rules. He's lucky he only got a strike and didn't lose the privilege to sell here.

What are you so upset about?

I'm actually not upset, just trying to understand what happened. As stated, having not seen these threads by Batman13, it's difficult to ascertain what happened. However, I see a lot of annoying sales tactics going on here. Selling before the books are in hand, starting threads to pimp books, charging 10% extra to see a pic, etc. Anything seems to be okay. Very disconcerting.

Did someone actually do this; charge 10% extra for a picture????

I am not sure if I am supposed to laugh :roflmao: or if this is seriously what someone did doh!

Please enlighten me.

I know I did see someone with a thread once who was selling books that he said were coming back from CGC and you could buy them now (sight unseen) or pay more once they were in hand.

I made the mistake once of buying in one of those "get 10% off below price if you but it unseen" on a 4.0 FF45. Of course it turned out to have a major subcrease, finally I sold it and have learned never to buy sight unseen. Actually, my new rule is to practically never buy a cgc book on the board, ironically, thanks to another mistake I made with a label notation of interior chunk missing that cuts into panel of art that I missed in the tiny pic (still trying to unload that one, I've made more noticeable disclosure of the defect and it's been slow even at a 'loss').

My own stupi dity often bites me in the bum, but fortunately not for too much most of the time.

Could be worse. Could be a noob making claims about a book being the only one in existence, who gets upset when asked to provide proof, who then insults the board members, begins using racist statements, admits not to paying taxes

Luckily he didn't sell the book here...oh wait he did

I believe that's called "Cool books". :banana:

You do realize this wasn't a one time "oopsy" on batmanfan's part resulting in a strike, right?

He did the same thing repeatedly and had multiple threads pulled for continuously failing to comply with Board rules. He's lucky he only got a strike and didn't lose the privilege to sell here.

What are you so upset about?

I'm actually not upset, just trying to understand what happened. As stated, having not seen these threads by Batman13, it's difficult to ascertain what happened. However, I see a lot of annoying sales tactics going on here. Selling before the books are in hand, starting threads to pimp books, charging 10% extra to see a pic, etc. Anything seems to be okay. Very disconcerting.

Did someone actually do this; charge 10% extra for a picture????

I am not sure if I am supposed to laugh :roflmao: or if this is seriously what someone did doh!

Please enlighten me.

I know I did see someone with a thread once who was selling books that he said were coming back from CGC and you could buy them now (sight unseen) or pay more once they were in hand.

I made the mistake once of buying in one of those "get 10% off below price if you but it unseen" on a 4.0 FF45. Of course it turned out to have a major subcrease, finally I sold it and have learned never to buy sight unseen. Actually, my new rule is to practically never buy a cgc book on the board, ironically, thanks to another mistake I made with a label notation of interior chunk missing that cuts into panel of art that I missed in the tiny pic (still trying to unload that one, I've made more noticeable disclosure of the defect and it's been slow even at a 'loss').

My own stupi dity often bites me in the bum, but fortunately not for too much most of the time.

You've only been on the Boards for 7 months. How many bad experiences have you had??

In one of the threads asking about value he also posted that the book was for sale, causing the mods to delete it.

Read Racer-X's very first post here, in Gold Comics, why didn't his post get pulled ?

Sorry access denied, not sure what's there.

I think it's fair to say that a board member's reputation and past history are considered when a mod steps in. I'd also imagine that many of us are more likely to hit the 'notify' button when it's someone without a solid history here - if the button is hit and the thread violates the rules I'm sure it's trimmed or deleted.

RacerX is also far more familiar with this site than Batman13, he knows what he can get away with. Batman13 was doggedly persistent in his posts and didn't know when to back off and apologize.