• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Could be worse. Could be a noob making claims about a book being the only one in existence, who gets upset when asked to provide proof, who then insults the board members, begins using racist statements, admits not to paying taxes

Luckily he didn't sell the book here...oh wait he did

I believe that's called "Cool books". :banana:

:acclaim:

Could be worse. Could be a noob making claims about a book being the only one in existence, who gets upset when asked to provide proof, who then insults the board members, begins using racist statements, admits not to paying taxes

Luckily he didn't sell the book here...oh wait he did

Guilty as charged. I am the one that bought the book and apparently you are still holding it against me. I bought the book, in person locally, before all the viral exchanges started. I suppose you do a background check of every person you buy from ? BTW, he did clarify his claim about it being the only double cover of this book. He submitted the book to CGC and they told him it was the only double cover of this issue certified. Didn't seem like a big deal to me. Anyway, still loving this 'cool' book............

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=36671&GSub=887

Edited by bomber-bob

I'm sure Ed notified, but I'm guessing it was another thread. In any case, I'm AGREEING with you;) They were both things that should not be happening.

:foryou:

Thanks. Yes. Ed's notify was on another thread of Racer-X. There are multiple examples of pimping from Racer-X. This is not a one off. This is why I am puzzled by the backlash at Batman13. It's not the practice, as much as the person ?

You have a point Bob.

By the way, I have a Dazzler #8 in fn condition if anyone is interested......

no i did not. I didnt even see it. I didn't think I said anything out of line (the one deleted).

Oh well I'll end it here. The last thing i need is another warning from the mods on who not to engage with.

Have a nice holiday Bob

no i did not. I didnt even see it. I didn't think I said anything out of line (the one deleted).

Oh well I'll end it here. The last thing i need is another warning from the mods on who not to engage with.

Have a nice holiday Bob

You too Hector.

I cannot believe the frenzy in some FS threads, do people really look at what they are buying before pulling the trigger ? (shrug)

No... I'm convinced they don't in many cases. :screwy:

Not sure what the psychological term is for this behavior, but I'm sure there is one :D

I cannot believe the frenzy in some FS threads, do people really look at what they are buying before pulling the trigger ? (shrug)

Not sure what the psychological term is for this behavior, but I'm sure there is one :D

eratic?

eratic?

hm Foolhardy?

If the books are posted in sequence, it can work well. You need a specific book in a particular grade (assuming you trust the grader) it is quite possible to claim it and know full well you got your book at a favorable price.

I just don't get flying the flag on random postings. Just for the heII of it, it might be nice throw in a Marvel age at $1500. Might just catch one the trigger happy fools napping :ohnoez:

If the books are posted in sequence, it can work well. You need a specific book in a particular grade (assuming you trust the grader) it is quite possible to claim it and know full well you got your book at a favorable price.

I just don't get flying the flag on random postings. Just for the heII of it, it might be nice throw in a Marvel age at $1500. Might just catch one the trigger happy fools napping :ohnoez:

:takeit: Is that $1500 us$ or Cnd$?

There are a few -- only a few -- sellers here who I'll jump on a book immediately if they post something I'm looking for, because I know from previous buying experiences with them that their grading is tight and their prices are low.

That said, I've seen some :takeit: 's thrown out so fast on some things that I've had to shake my head.

(shrug) There have definitely been cases where I'm content to wait on a book rather than rush to claim one only to make sure I get it. Unless it's an incredibly rare book, there will always be another copy down the road.

But that's me. Other people's mileage may vary.

lunacy