• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Congrats ComCav, did everything turn out ok?

Did something get deleted?

I see where William posted the I'll take it and then Buttock is asking him if everything turned out ok. Am I missing some posts that should be between these??

ComicCav knows that the deal is off. I made the decision not to proceed for valid reasons. As much as I would like to defend my position publicly, ComicCav has mentioned getting attorneys involved, so I can't discuss the matter in detail.

Sure hope it's a valid reason, it would suck for you to tarnish your reputation and jeopardize your buying and selling privileges here on the boards for a few bucks..

ComicCav knows that the deal is off. I made the decision not to proceed for valid reasons. As much as I would like to defend my position publicly, ComicCav has mentioned getting attorneys involved, so I can't discuss the matter in detail.

I can't think of anyone easier to deal with that you, Jimbo. Threatening to get lawyers involved is a punk move by CC.

I can't think of anyone easier to deal with that you, Jimbo. Threatening to get lawyers involved is a punk move by CC.

I personally would let the boards be the judge and jury on this but if the seller backed out of a deal to get more money, as it appears to be alleged, that is by far a more "punk" move than what you are accusing comcav of.

Jimbo_707- you sure can comment. Here was my PM to him IN FULL after we had an agreement, which he then PMed to say he was backing out of:

James - We have a contract. You made the offer, I accepted, I am sending a check today. If you would prefer Paypal, I can send that today. I think you got an offer after the fact and are trying to cheat me out of the book to sell to another. I can not stand that kind of behavior and I will be fighting this issue breach-of-contract issue aggressively.

I am briefing one of my attorneys on the matter today, as I expect this is going to have to get nasty.

I will still be sending the check as per our agreement, which I am honoring in full.

William

To be clear, I DID brief an attorney, got an opinion on my position, and I am comfortable I am in the right here. I did not say I was serving him with papers or in any way clamp down on his ability to publicly comment on the issue. There is no pending litigation, nor did I state there would be. I belief this thread and taking it public is fighting the issue aggressively, as I stated I would.

So please, love to hear the valid reason.

Very strange from such a longtime member

What is strange is that Jimbo707 has many times posted about people he wouldn't deal with because of dishonest practices.

I'm not too sure what transpired here.

Was there a post in the thread from another member about taking the book, besides Cav's?