• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2022 at 2:06 PM, mytastebud said:
On 8/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, Funnybooks said:

I have to respectfully disagree. A claim is a claim, regardless of what transpires after the fact. I'm not looking to pile on but that is the proper etiquette.

and if that's the rule or even the unwritten rule I am happy to comply or buy somewhere else. Its why I posted here to see what the official rule is.

This board has always considered a :takeit: as a handshake agreement to buy a book.  People have been put on the probation list for posting the :takeit:and failing to pay for the book.  If you think about it, backing out of a :takeit:can harm the seller, i.e. he might need that money to pay a bill or purchase another comic.

On 8/28/2022 at 12:48 PM, thehumantorch said:

This board has always considered a :takeit: as a handshake agreement to buy a book.  People have been put on the probation list for posting the :takeit:and failing to pay for the book.  If you think about it, backing out of a :takeit:can harm the seller, i.e. he might need that money to pay a bill or purchase another comic.

your word should be your bond

On 8/28/2022 at 11:06 AM, Funnybooks said:

your word should be your bond

Absolutely.  And I understand that many other online sites operate differently but this site considers a :takeit:a commitment to buy and expects buyers to follow through.  Just as we consider that a commitment on the sellers part and expect him to ship the book.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:20 AM, mytastebud said:

This is way off what I originally posted. I was happy to take my original :takeit: but after being scolded in a personal message that I was already getting a good deal I wanted to possibly cancel. I checked here first to see it it was within my "rights" and clearly it is not.  

As I seem to recall Ryan you and I had two very successful trades without issue. Or am I wrong about that.(shrug)

We have, absolutely. No issues. I was just responding to the concept of reneging in the context I had mentioned, which I have been subject to several times as a seller here, not going after you specifically. 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:06 PM, jimjum12 said:

This is the right place for that.

In this Forum, :takeit: typically means a done deal, but I have had a time or two where I failed to notice a flaw ( in my haste ) and asked for out. We all make mistakes. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I have an any reason refund policy in almost ever sale, so I would let someone out too...because otherwise they can return it anyway.

I haven't even seen the sales thread you guys are talking about...but as a sometime seller. If you put up a desirable book and someone GRABS it...then renegs...it kind of makes that book harder to sell later. I know people grab books because they are afraid of losing them, however, if you want a discount, it's better to take the chance of asking before :takeit:, just makes it more fair to the seller and other buyers.

@CAHokiesince you asked in the moderation thread and seeing how this thread is far more relevant to the discussion

the rules clearly state that mystery boxes aren't allowed, should rules not be followed? how is that not considered a mystery box

should some rules be ignored? Fine by me, but who gets to decide that.

you? me?

i think moderation asked for a poll about mystery boxes (or it was another rule that maybe should be updated) the person declined and now is posting a thread that violates that rule

(shrug)

• Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.

I do not see how this isn't clear. If you don't like it @CAHokiethen request the rule to be changed.

Does this make sense now????

Edited by jsilverjanet

Could you do a pay by the pound or something like that?

Because there is a difference in doing a "Mystery Box" where the bad actors show a couple valuable books that may or may not be in the boxes in order to pump up prices for garbage books, and a scenario where a seller wants to get rid of garbage books for not much more than the cost of postage, say a buck a pound.

For me the problem of the mystery box was not that every single book was not shown, it was that prices were puffed up on the if-come of a big book, that probably never made it in any boxes.

Just food for thought.

On 9/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, jsilverjanet said:

@CAHokiesince you asked in the moderation thread and seeing how this thread is far more relevant to the discussion

the rules clearly state that mystery boxes aren't allowed, should rules not be followed? how is that not considered a mystery box

should some rules be ignored? Fine by me, but who gets to decide that.

you? me?

i think moderation asked for a poll about mystery boxes (or it was another rule that maybe should be updated) the person declined and now is posting a thread that violates that rule

(shrug)

Now I get it.  Years ago, I did a round of ten boxes.  It was understood that one box would be better than the others.  People showed what they got and some people got better boxes than this guy, who cried like a stuck pig. When offered a full refund, he refused it.  When asked what would make him happy, he made it clear he'd rather be offended than made whole.  He's bought it up repeatedly since then, even though I offered to refund his money and let him keep the stuff.  I even offered him a refund last year when he brought it up again.  You can't please everyone, and sometimes it isn't worth trying.

Anyways, now we know who ruined a fun thread. 

Edited by shadroch

On 9/1/2022 at 11:32 AM, seanfingh said:

Could you do a pay by the pound or something like that?

Because there is a difference in doing a "Mystery Box" where the bad actors show a couple valuable books that may or may not be in the boxes in order to pump up prices for garbage books, and a scenario where a seller wants to get rid of garbage books for not much more than the cost of postage, say a buck a pound.

For me the problem of the mystery box was not that every single book was not shown, it was that prices were puffed up on the if-come of a big book, that probably never made it in any boxes.

Just food for thought.

I wasn't selling anything.  The offer was you pay  the cost for a priority flat rate box and I fill it with stuff- as in free. 

If you can't figure out the difference between selling a box and giving it away for free, I can't help it.

On 9/1/2022 at 2:38 PM, shadroch said:

I wasn't selling anything.  The offer was you pay  the cost for a priority flat rate box and I fill it with stuff- as in free. 

If you can't figure out the difference between selling a box and giving it away for free, I can't help it.

OK

On 9/1/2022 at 11:18 AM, jsilverjanet said:
  • Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.

I do not see how this isn't clear. If you don't like it @CAHokiethen request the rule to be changed.

Does this make sense now????

What was I selling?  How does one list everything they are selling when nothing is bdeing sold?  

How much clearer does it need to be?

On 9/1/2022 at 1:44 PM, shadroch said:

What was I selling?  How does one list everything they are selling when nothing is bdeing sold?  

How much clearer does it need to be?

how hard is it to show a picture of what you are sending people? do that and mystery is solved

I don't know why it's so difficult for you to stick to this rule

how many threads is this now that moderation deletes because you don't follow them

i did not delete your thread, moderation did. so obviously they agreed that you violated the rule.