• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I know what bag he means. Early in my selling I was given one by the usps but it seemed absurd to actually use it. I think you can send whatever you can fit in the bag.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, crassus said:

...so....its reusable?.... hm

You don't buy it, you borrow it...used to have to go to the PO to get one, lol. The mail carriers who actually CARRIED mail, used to use them, or they had them in sorting bins. I guess Canada sends them back, lol?I don't know...but I could ask a friend.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:25 AM, Bird said:

Best to be sure, so why not ask the seller about shipping, generally you can have them shipped however you want if you are paying.

I agree that the absolute best scenario is to double check but I’d think comic sellers are aware that media mail is not an allowable shipping method under usps rules, not to mention the increased chance of damage to the item. 

What are the accepted methods of payment on the boards?  I know PayPal Goods & Services is accepted...what about Venmo?  Cash App?  Personal Check?  Certified Check?  Cashier's Check?  Call and pay by credit card?  I'm just curious, I read the rules and it doesn't say a specific one and I thought that was odd.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, comicalgems said:

What are the accepted methods of payment on the boards?  I know PayPal Goods & Services is accepted...what about Venmo?  Cash App?  Personal Check?  Certified Check?  Cashier's Check?  Call and pay by credit card?  I'm just curious, I read the rules and it doesn't say a specific one and I thought that was odd.

All of the above are fine.

• Administrator
On 6/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, comicalgems said:

The only restrictions on payment methods are, You can't ask for paypal F&F in the thread or in a PM.  Also, no surcharges for accepting PayPal, or discounts for other methods if you do accept paypal.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, KPR Comics said:

Some sales threads make me say, "yeah, no one is going to bite"

On 7/9/2022 at 9:47 PM, Ryan. said:

That's exactly what I say when I look at my sales threads. 

I am averaging one sale per thousand views. hm

However, the big two release 1200 a year, 12000 a decade and I am in mixed ages, so lets say 50 years, makes 60,000 possible comics, and then add VIZ, Comico, Dark Horse etc. I have 95 posts in my thread, so of course people should find what they are looking for in my thread. :headbang:

I have been keeping my thread at 5 pages by removing things a week or older and putting them on ebay, where 18 or something have sold in the last 2 weeks or so. So y'all is missing out.

Or KPR is right and my thread is an example. Oh what to do, what to do. oh spooning noes!!!

Edited by Bird
I am looking at 100 or so issues of Punisher, maybe the eternals saga from thor, and a ton of Ninja High School shortly. Plus other stuff.

• Administrator

I have added this below the list of rules for the marketplace guidelines.   It's nothing that will get your thread pulled but, it would be appreciated it you would comply.

Sellers:  If your books are being offered to US residents only, please be kind and make a note of that in the title for our foreign board members.