• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

To all the sellers who try to get around paying the Paypal fees, I want you to know that it's a huge turn off, and, while I hesitate to say "I'll never buy from you!!! :sumo:" so far I have refused to do so. For instance, there are some early Spideys for sale right now. I'd buy two if not all three of them if the seller would just handle his Paypal business better.

You have two options:

1. Eat the cost. It's a cost of doing business, so deal with it.

2. Factor the fees into your asking price. Is that so hard to do?

When you ask me to pay your fees, or to send the money to you as a gift, thereby leaving me no recourse should the deal go south, you lose my business. I just thought people might be interested to know.

I'm not the only one, right?

:thumbsup: I ignore any seller who is too cheap to handle the fees.

Yup, me too...I figure if a seller is trying to squeeze every little drop out of the transaction, he might cheap out on shipping or be kinda optimistic with the grading. Not saying it's true...but it does give off this signal.

:gossip: It was a joke. Please stop sending PMs asking when we are going to post names.

Although it is pretty funny when folks just toss the peel in the box like it is extra packing material.

lol

When do we start outing sellers that ship slabbed books without protective bags?

:sumo:

Or worse yet. Those that ship in Priority boxes, and when they tear the self-adhesive paper off, they toss it in the box with the packing material in their best "I'm done with this book, so here. Take my garbage too!"

:mad:

:censored:

I had a Paratrooper moment. Sambuca is a hell of a drink.

Now I get what Rick James was talking about.

:jokealert:

To all the sellers who try to get around paying the Paypal fees, I want you to know that it's a huge turn off, and, while I hesitate to say "I'll never buy from you!!! :sumo:" so far I have refused to do so. For instance, there are some early Spideys for sale right now. I'd buy two if not all three of them if the seller would just handle his Paypal business better.

You have two options:

When you ask me to pay your fees, or to send the money to you as a gift, thereby leaving me no recourse should the deal go south, you lose my business. I just thought people might be interested to know.

I advised him it's against forum rules to ask for this form of payment.

And so far he has ignored it. The sales forum has a lot of activities that I don't agree with these days. I won't buy from any of them if they continue to sell that way.

You have two options:

I advised him it's against forum rules to ask for this form of payment.

And so far he has ignored it. The sales forum has a lot of activities that I don't agree with these days. I won't buy from any of them if they continue to sell that way.

Well, he hasn't posted since. I just think it's pretty low, seems this is a free place to sell your books. Not to mention taking away buyer protection.

You have two options:

:thumbsup: I ignore any seller who is too cheap to handle the fees.

Yup, me too...I figure if a seller is trying to squeeze every little drop out of the transaction, he might cheap out on shipping or be kinda optimistic with the grading. Not saying it's true...but it does give off this signal.

This is exactly how I feel. If a seller doesn't understand the role of PayPal as a transaction facilitator that helps him/her for a fee -- then I start to wonder how aware they are in general when they sit down to grade a book.

When do we start outing sellers that ship slabbed books without protective bags?

Or worse yet. Those that ship in Priority boxes, and when they tear the self-adhesive paper off, they toss it in the box with the packing material in their best "I'm done with this book, so here. Take my garbage too!"

I swear there is no pleasing this Nick guy...

I packed his cute little Iron Man pictures in a $30 hardback with one or two lint balls and maybe a blade or two of dog hair... and he practically sheeets on himself. :makepoint:

I swear I'm thinking his wife has finally driven him to drink bath salts :baiting:

:devil:

I packed his cute little Iron Man pictures in a $30 hardback with one or two lint balls and maybe a blade or two of dog hair... and he practically sheeets on himself. :makepoint:

I swear I'm thinking his wife has finally driven him to drink bath salts :baiting:

I give away free cat hair with my parcels. The tape dispenser I use always adds cat hair to most of the tape. My parcels are usually just over 2lbs, why is that? (shrug)

I give away free cat hair with my parcels. The tape dispenser I use always adds cat hair to most of the tape. My parcels are usually just over 2lbs, why is that? (shrug)

I've received a bag and board taped like that before :grin: ... at least I think it was cat hair hm

I've received a bag and board taped like that before :grin: ... at least I think it was cat hair hm

I forget who it was, but one board member would give out negatives on Ebay if someone had hair on the tape they used because he was so disgusted by such things.

Note to self - wear hair bonnet when packing comics.

I forget who it was, but one board member would give out negatives on Ebay if someone had hair on the tape they used because he was so disgusted by such things.

Or a cup if working naked :o

Note to self, also wear a apron, I'm a little chest hairish.

Or a cup if working naked :o

heh

Note to self, also wear a apron, I'm a little chest hairish.

I've got two dogs, and now that it's summer they are shedding like crazy. Every single one of my packages that I send out has some dog hair. Haven't gotten any weird feedback on that yet.

You have two options:

I accept PayPal, and eat the costs, and figure it into pricing.

PayPal is the bad guy though, please remember that. It doesn't take 3+% in fees to perform the virtual zero labor of handling millions of dollars in transactions per day. Banks don't make 1/50th of the profit as PayPal does per man hour of labor etc, IMO.

I'm sure that you and many have noticed a post I have made suggesting the best way to handle the fees. I doubt many have ever done what I suggested, or even thought of it. Someone should contact PayPal, and not bash fellow members. PayPal is the bad guy, did I say that already?

Clearly you've never tried to run a major enterprise business on the internet. I agree the fee might be a little high, but the cost per transaction is definitely not 0. What about all the people working to keep the site running and the business flowing? Are they 0 labor?

You have two options:

PayPal is the bad guy though, please remember that. It doesn't take 3+% in fees to perform the virtual zero labor of handling millions of dollars in transactions per day. Banks don't make 1/50th of the profit as PayPal does per man hour of labor etc, IMO.

I'm sure that you and many have noticed a post I have made suggesting the best way to handle the fees. I doubt many have ever done what I suggested, or even thought of it. Someone should contact PayPal, and not bash fellow members. PayPal is the bad guy, did I say that already?

Clearly you've never tried to run a major enterprise business on the internet. I agree the fee might be a little high, but the cost per transaction is definitely not 0. What about all the people working to keep the site running and the business flowing? Are they 0 labor?

You tell me, how many people does it take to operate an internet only company? Remember that they have zero costs for labor like shipping, no fraud of the business or the dozens of normal business expenses. Their biggest cost is their customer support department, which is very good, though the policies protect sellers too much.

Stop defending PayPal, they make billions in profit per year, with the costs of a small business like a single McDonald's. They can function equally with those people handling $1 million in business, or $1 trillion.

It's like a person defending the government for stealing over 50% of every dollar from every income earner. It's bad, it's not honorable. I would love to make that kind of money for virtually no costs, but then again, I wouldn't do it, my fees would be much more reasonable.

Please do not judge me as mean etc, for simply posting my opinions. I am a good person, very fair and honorable. I do not take advantage of others because I can get away with it, for any reason. I try to do the right thing, even if I have that kind of advantage or leverage. PayPal has a monopoly, and they are taking full advantage of that. There are federal laws against monopolies, because of the unfair decisions which they typically make.

You have two options:

You tell me, how many people does it take to operate an internet only company? Remember that they have zero costs for labor like shipping, no fraud of the business or the dozens of normal business expenses. Their biggest cost is their customer support department, which is very good, though the policies protect sellers too much.

Stop defending PayPal, they make billions in profit per year, with the costs of a small business like a single McDonald's. They can function equally with those people handling $1 million in business, or $1 trillion.

It's like a person defending the government for stealing over 50% of every dollar from every income earner. It's bad, it's not honorable. I would love to make that kind of money for virtually no costs, but then again, I wouldn't do it, my fees would be much more reasonable.

Please do not judge me as mean etc, for simply posting my opinions. I am a good person, very fair and honorable. I do not take advantage of others because I can get away with it, for any reason. I try to do the right thing, even if I have that kind of advantage or leverage. PayPal has a monopoly, and they are taking full advantage of that. There are federal laws against monopolies, because of the unfair decisions which they typically make.

lol. software doesn't write and maintain itself.

if this is what you think their costs are, then i'm not sure how to help you.