• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,547 posts in this topic

This one is from 1926. The card is hand-colored and the water damage has run some of the colors right off the card. In the days of silent movies prior to the invention of good quality full-color printing, studios would have lobby cards printed in black and white and then would hire women to hand-color the cards one at a time. So, each card was colored slightly differently. Like many cards, this one was linen-backed to protect the card which in movie poster world is acceptable restoration. The cloth kept the card pliable.

road to mandalay lobby card2.jpg

20240311_175631.jpg

Came across this article just now, so had to share.    I own the artwork for this pinball machine also, below (sorry for the small pic).     Who else has had artwork they own, or any collectible in general, foil a robbery?  :insane:

432373545_10161366385206215_728471315872

Vml1SyZR_2201202357241gpadd.png

Edited by Bronty

On 3/15/2024 at 7:02 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Not my thing but a pretty decent collection of "I shouldn't have stored these in that damp shed" cans at a local Estate Sale on my way home from work today.

Cans - Riverdale 1.jpg

Cans - Riverdale 2.jpg

Not sure what my favorite is, Cloud Nine, Buckhorn, or BIG CAT!:cheers:

On 3/15/2024 at 11:48 AM, Bronty said:

foil a robbery?

"...ran to a doughnut shop next door and called police."

This article must be a spoof.  lol

On 3/8/2024 at 7:57 PM, batman_fan said:

There is a difference between a $100 bottle of bourbon and a much more expensive bottle.

My wife wanted hers made into an old fashion.  I refused to do it.

Would you like the number for my divorce attorney?