• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,547 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2024 at 6:39 PM, batman_fan said:

My toy winnings arrived today.  One picture is to show the scale versus a CGC holder.  This toy is huge and pretty darn awesome.  Box is pretty rough but acceptable.

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

Hopefully, corroded batteries weren't included. :gossip:

:cheers:

On 2/10/2024 at 11:23 AM, Robot Man said:

A great score indeed!

Here is mine. I got it out of the back of a truck at the Brimfield, MA flea market many years ago. My daughter was so great to push it around all day in a shopping cart. I had my flashlight with me so I got to test it before I bought it and it worked well. Although I don't have the box, it is totally complete and working. I was stoked to find it.

And now the you have The Great Garloo, you really need to search out his big brother Big Loo. Near impossible to find complete and working but what an impressive guy!

I know board member @Ghastly542454 is also in the club.

greatgarloo.jpeg

biglou.jpg

I missed winning 1 of 3 complete Big Loos with the box in the same auction.  Really regret not bidding more

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 4.53.02 PM.png

A fun discovery. This 1966 LP was mis-titled with 20th Century Fox. Stanley Weston, the creator of G.I. Joe who was also a licensing agent at the time, sent a letter to Golden Records who apologized for the mistake and they pulled the mis-titled sleeves and correctly re-titled them with R.K.O. Here's the letter and the LPs before re-titling and after.     

King Kong Golden Record5.jpg

King Kong Golden Record2.jpg

Edited by Ameri

On 2/10/2024 at 9:42 PM, Ameri said:

A fun discovery. This 1966 LP was mis-titled with 20th Century Fox. Stanley Weston, the creator of G.I. Joe who was also a licensing agent at the time, sent a letter to Golden Records who apologized for the mistake and they pulled the mis-titled sleeves and correctly re-titled them with R.K.O. Here's the letter and the LPs before re-titling and after.     

King Kong Golden Record1.jpg

That's a great record. I have the 20th Century Fox pressing. The man responsible, Cherney Berg, was also behind the classic Famous Monsters Speak LP.

Wolfman Jerk 2023 small.jpg

On 2/10/2024 at 3:56 PM, batman_fan said:

I missed winning 1 of 3 complete Big Loos with the box in the same auction.  Really regret not bidding more

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 4.53.02 PM.png

One of the most iconic ‘60’s toys. Most toys have taken serious price drops over the years but not Loo. Still very popular and brings good money if you are lucky enough to find one. 

On 2/11/2024 at 10:13 AM, Pontoon said:

That's a great record. I have the 20th Century Fox pressing. The man responsible, Cherney Berg, was also behind the classic Famous Monsters Speak LP.

Wolfman Jerk 2023 small.jpg

Who is this? Great pic with the Night Gallery prints in the back. I have two of them myself.

Fright Night 1.JPG

Rare Objects 1.JPG

On 2/10/2024 at 9:42 PM, Ameri said:

On a funny note; when I was a kid reading the Warren mags that advertised this album, the black and white pics were so tiny that I thought Kong was holding a surf board! I guess growing up at the shore slanted my perceptions! doh!

On 2/11/2024 at 11:14 AM, Jayman said:

Who is this? Great pic with the Night Gallery prints in the back. I have two of them myself.

Fright Night 1.JPG

Rare Objects 1.JPG

lol That's my Halloween DJ alter-ego Wolfman Jerk.
Nice posters! I always coveted Fright Night. I also have the promo poster, too, but not in display:

15569637%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

This website has small prints for sale:

https://www.nightgallery.net/

On 2/11/2024 at 8:44 AM, Robot Man said:

One of the most iconic ‘60’s toys. Most toys have taken serious price drops over the years but not Loo. Still very popular and brings good money if you are lucky enough to find one. 

I will be kicking myself for the next decade for not bidding more

On 3/6/2024 at 9:17 AM, PopKulture said:

I had always thought a whole wall full of soda bottles would be a cool display, but it’s difficult when other stuff demands wall space. Most of my bottles sit patiently in sturdy old cardboard beer cases still except for a few bookcase shelves where I rotate various bottles through…

A62564B6-A213-42AA-AD0C-05696C0CF47D.jpeg

Nice group Don! Ever run across a bottle for this soda? Been looking for one for quite a while.

alfredsign.jpg