• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,547 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2024 at 4:44 PM, Hepcat said:

Sweet! Were most of those brands distributed in Illinois?

???

No, they're from all over. I have no real affinity for my birth-state. If it's got good graphics, I'm interested. :nyah:

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 4:12 PM, Hepcat said:

(edited)_DSCN4166_zpsb2ug2dfx.png

These two are especially awesome! Collectors in the US tend to love the 'glamor girls' on bottles, so that Blue Seal bottle is on our radar too. 

Edited by PopKulture

On 3/7/2024 at 4:44 PM, Robot Man said:

You gotta go to Brimfield before you die. A week long extravaganza of flea markets. Probably the biggest in the country. I haven’t been since Covid but it used to be the place you walk around with your wallet in your hand.

If I'm walking with my wallet in my hand it usually means that I'm afraid I'm going to be pick pocketed lol

On 3/7/2024 at 2:37 PM, piper said:

Apparently, I am now too!  Billy, thanks for getting me started!

it was my pleasure!!  very fulfilling; you'e gonna love it.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:15 PM, batman_fan said:

Finally after months got my two bottles of Rip Van Winkle.  Both are 10yr.  One bottle will be opened and sampled.

IMG_6267.jpeg

Some cool looking bottles there👍‼️

On 3/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, batman_fan said:

Finally after months got my two bottles of Rip Van Winkle.  Both are 10yr.  One bottle will be opened and sampled.

IMG_6267.jpeg

That is some pricey swill. There was a Moonshiners True Crime episode that documented a large theft of Pappy Van Winkle that was stolen by employees out of their warehouse. That is going to taste good!

On 3/8/2024 at 6:50 PM, Robot Man said:

That is some pricey swill. There was a Moonshiners True Crime episode that documented a large theft of Pappy Van Winkle that was stolen by employees out of their warehouse. That is going to taste good!

I will let you know (thumbsu

Didn't really know where to post or ask this question but thought maybe this would be a good place to ask (shrug)

Still going thru boxes of Jim's stuff and ran across these cards which I have no clue what to ask for on something like this was wondering if some of you guys might have suggestions :foryou:

img512.jpg

img513.jpg

img514.jpg

img515.jpg

img516.jpg

img517.jpg

img518.jpg

also found these Green Hornet and I don't know where these others came from looks like he cut them off some candy or toy item (shrug)

img519.jpg

img520.jpg

On 3/9/2024 at 8:20 AM, Azkaban said:

also found these Green Hornet and I don't know where these others came from looks like he cut them off some candy or toy item (shrug)

img519.jpg

img520.jpg

Hope you have a first appearance of Kato ‼️‼️👍

On 3/8/2024 at 6:34 PM, Azkaban said:

Didn't really know where to post or ask this question but thought maybe this would be a good place to ask (shrug)

Still going thru boxes of Jim's stuff and ran across these cards which I have no clue what to ask for on something like this was wondering if some of you guys might have suggestions :foryou:

img512.jpg

img513.jpg

img514.jpg

img515.jpg

img516.jpg

img517.jpg

img518.jpg

The Batman cards are from around 1966. Made by Topps. Fairly common. Worth $2-3 each depending on centering and condition. First and last cards in nicer shape go for a little more without rubber band bends.

The Marvel cards don’t turn up quite as often and are a little more popular. Worth just slightly more.

Both sell quite faster and for more in full sets.

On 3/9/2024 at 5:20 AM, Azkaban said:

img519.jpg

img520.jpg

Never seen those. Yes, probably cut from a candy box. 

Great thread.  
I thought comic collectors were ravenous wolves but nothing has compared to what I’ve seen trying to collect tobacco pipes, particularly Peterson pipes of Ireland. It’s pretty wild.
I really dig the history going back to 1865 and the traditional shapes.  Their metal-work has historically been outstanding and most of their pipes have a silver band and in some cases gold. This allows for stamping and dating which is a plus. 

when buying a birth year set for a kiddo, I think most get coins like a proof set or silver dollar.  I ended up getting the Peterson anniversary pipe for each of my kiddos.  I figure They can do what they want with it after I give up the ghost 

But here are a few I’ve been fortunate to acquire 

IMG_3812.jpeg

IMG_3384.png

IMG_3351.jpeg

Edited by This is Who We Are

On 3/9/2024 at 8:42 AM, This is Who We Are said:

Great thread.  
I thought comic collectors were ravenous wolves but nothing has compared to what I’ve seen trying to collect tobacco pipes, particularly Peterson pipes of Ireland. It’s pretty wild.
I really dig the history going back to 1865 and the traditional shapes.  Their metal-work has historically been outstanding and most of their pipes have a silver band and in some cases gold. This allows for stamping and dating which is a plus. 

when buying a birth year set for a kiddo, I think most get coins like a proof set or silver dollar.  I ended up getting the Peterson anniversary pipe for each of my kiddos.  I figure They can do what they want with it after I give up the ghost 

But here are a few I’ve been fortunate to acquire 

IMG_3812.jpeg

IMG_3384.png

IMG_3351.jpeg

Buying your kid a pipe?  hm

You don’t want to know what I did with one of my grandpa’s pipes…