• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Summer Featured Auction 2017
1 1

363 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

If I were in it to win it then I'd gun for X-Men #266 over the FF #77 because it's in my nostalgic wheelhouse. If I was the owner of the XM266 and someone wanted to trade me for the FF77, I'd probably do it. If I were the owner of the FF77 and someone wanted to trade me for the XM266, I wouldn't. That must mean something. ¬¬

(shrug) I'm confused here, slightly, yet agree at the same time. (I think) hm

On 8/11/2017 at 1:24 PM, stinkininkin said:

Thanks Bronty, but I was mostly kidding--I made that UXM 268 sale 25 years ago and have long ago moved on.  Life is too short for those kinds of regrets and as you said, I've done quite well over all so there really is nothing for me to complain about, and quite the opposite really.  It's also the nature of the hobby.  Show me one person who's been at this for any length of time  who has not made "mistakes" and I'll show you a unicorn.

Scott

I know a current artist for one of the Big Two that has a first appearance splash page they drew of a character, and is very reluctant to sell it. At least so far.

9 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Well, aren't you plugged in with the Kirby family? Have they expressed any objections? 

Sorry, I didn't mean my question to sound coy or anything.  No, I genuinely have no inside info on this. The donation sounds like a very good idea.

Edited by glendgold

On 8/11/2017 at 11:48 AM, stinkininkin said:

Interesting, but I threw up in my mouth a little bit.  I remember selling the Xmen 268 cover for $650.  :facepalm:

Scott

It was the early 90s. We bought and sold grails like they were interesting novelties. No one ever saw this coming lol...well maybe San Mateo.

The X-Men 266 cover was shopped around publicly for awhile so it's not hard to figure out what the reserve will be and who the interested parties will be.

I expect CLink to put in a bid right below the reserve so the next bid will trigger a sale.

I do not know the seller and I have no interest in the cover.  

Good luck to seller and potential bidders.

Cheers!

N.

1 hour ago, NelsonAI said:

<snip>

I expect CLink to put in a bid right below the reserve so the next bid will trigger a sale.

I do not know the seller and I have no interest in the cover.  

Good luck to seller and potential bidders.

Cheers!

N.

I believe you mean that Clink will set the price to 1 increment below the reserve, which is what almost all auction houses, including Heritage, does for auctions with reserve, correct?

Malvin

8 hours ago, Shaun C89 said:

Any estimates on what the Action Comics 593 cover will go for?

Byrne's Superman 13 cover sold around 9k and Action #584 sold for 25k in the same auction a couple of cycles ago on Clink.  I personally think the Action 593 cover is much better than the Superman 13 cover, but it's not in the same league as the 584 cover (historically, at least, as that was his first), so, I dunno... 15k?  Maybe 20k extreme high end?  It's kind of an infamous story, so that might possibly influence the price one way or the other, more so than any of the other Action issues he did.

11 minutes ago, Shaun C89 said:

Another great cover is the Neal Adams JLA 92 cover! There will be quite a few pieces I will be watching, hoping that a Byrne X-Men page pops up too.

Love that cover. Everything you'd want. 

Did anyone see the Gotham Adventures 10 cover by Bruce Timm ? 

The one featuring Joker and Harley.

Was really curious to watch that one.  Its no Mad Love, but the page from ML (with lots of stats) sold for about 10k. 

But now it's not listed anymore...

34 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Was really curious to watch that one.  Its no Mad Love, but the page from ML (with lots of stats) sold for about 10k. 

I think this was up on ebay for a moderately high BIN for quite awhile with no takers.

3 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Still there: http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1195759  :)

Funny piece.   If I'm looking at it critically, I love it, the perspective is superb, it does what it set out to do.    As a piece to own though, wouldn't be my first choice.    Mostly city, back turned, etc.

Edited by Bronty

How does it affect the value of a first appearance page when that first appearance page did not appear first?

Gambit first appeared in Uncanny X-Men Annual #14 in July 1990.  Then he (later) appeared in Uncanny X-Men #266 in August 1990.

The auction description for the FF cover actually includes an About the Characters section that defines the first appearance issue numbers for each of the characters (#1, #44, #48, etc). They haven't put one of those sections on the X-Men #266 auction yet.  But it's still early and I'm sure they're still adding stuff and finalizing everything.

FWIW: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambit_(comics)#Publication_history

Edited by The Shoveler
removed a superfluous sentence