• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Summer Featured Auction 2017
1 1

363 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, glendgold said:

FF 77 now in the land of six figures. 

How many Capullo covers will it take to get the FF cover? hm 

Less than a week to go in the auction and things are starting to get interesting.  Wondering if someone more on the ball can provide opinions on the following pieces:

• The Adams JLA 92 cover recently experienced a nice hike and now commands over $25K.  Does this have a lot more room upwards or is this near the top?
  • Byrne Action Comics 593 cover is at $7.8K.  Will the cover settle north or $15K?  North of $20K?

Thoughts?  :preach:

28 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Yeah. And it's now $100 short of the reserve. Maybe I gave it too much publicity!

No, all the reserves were bumped last night to one increment short of the reserve.  The last real bid was nowhere near the current level. 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:35 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Less than a week to go in the auction and things are starting to get interesting.  Wondering if someone more on the ball can provide opinions on the following pieces:

• The Adams JLA 92 cover recently experienced a nice hike and now commands over $25K.  Does this have a lot more room upwards or is this near the top?
  • Byrne Action Comics 593 cover is at $7.8K.  Will the cover settle north or $15K?  North of $20K?

Thoughts?  :preach:

Well, looks like the JLA cover had another nice jump in price and is now at $37K+ :martini:

On 9/15/2017 at 10:43 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

There are plenty of other pieces in this auction without a reserve price that are still very, very cheap currently.  Bids will start coming Monday before the craziness begins on auction day, Tuesday

Some surprisingly good prices right now. Since Tuesday isn't the best day to wrap an auction, I'm hoping to find a bargain or two.

1 hour ago, Hal Turner said:

Some surprisingly good prices right now. Since Tuesday isn't the best day to wrap an auction, I'm hoping to find a bargain or two.

I agree ,,  I just don't want to get my hopes up until after time runs out and I hit the refresh button to see if I've won on said bargains

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I completely agree that Tuesday is not a good day to wrap up an auction and  I hope they revert back to Thursdays going forward.

Not sure why Tuesday is a worse day to end an auction on than Thursday. I know a lot more people go out on Thursday nights than Tuesdays. Thursday's the new Friday.:tink:

20 hours ago, robert frey said:

I agree with that thinking. It is not like the auction just pops up. People have ample time to prepare where they are going to be when the auction ends.

Moreso for folks on the East Coast, some of these auctions end fairly late, and often beyond 11:30 so having the auctions on Thurs nite was better because you could show up for for a bit weary-eyed Friday morning and that was OK since nobody is as productive on Friday as they are earlier in the week.