• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

I just got tickets for wifey and myself, thurs 5th 630 pm. Recliner seats in the row just behind the handicap row, just where we like it. Avatar 3D gave me a headache so I only go standard now.

I remember how everyone freaked when the theatrical cut of Justice League was announced as having a 120 minute running time. Edits so late in the game are usually not a good sign. Think Superman IV and Batman Forever. I think Dr. Strange will be better than those(not too hard to do lol ) but last minute edits are usually indicative of the movie studio not having confidence in the film.

Edited by Larryw7

On 4/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, Larryw7 said:

I remember how everyone freaked when the theatrical cut of Justice League was announced as having a 120 minute running time. Edits so late in the game are usually not a good sign. Think Superman IV and Batman Forever. I think Dr. Strange will be better than those(not too hard to do lol ) but last minute edits are usually indicative of the movie studio not having confidence in the film.

I'm confident that if this was a DC film or any non Marvel film, there would be plenty of people already dismissing this film based on reshoots.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:00 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I'm confident that if this was a DC film or any non Marvel film, there would be plenty of people already dismissing this film based on reshoots.

Agreed but this the curse of DC movies..  its' as if the directors of many DC films watch the successful Marvel movies and then decide to do the opposite ... :preach:

On 4/6/2022 at 11:19 AM, jsilverjanet said:

maybe if they got the playbook from Disney they would follow those movies more closely

breakdown of a typical Disney Marvel movie

teaser to viliian or crisis

every day person in life trying to be normal

insert crisis/villian

great action, insert joke

great action, insert easter egg

great action, insert joke

insert another joke

more action 

another joke

big realization for main character

insert joke