• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,724 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 7:24 PM, Spider-Variant said:

For me it was! The Golden Age of comics!

Yes, me too. Turns out the Bronze Age was the Golden Age - and not just of comics.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Great books, aren't they. Of their time of course, but it was a good time, I think, wasn't it. 

It took a lot of will power to not re-read the entire Andru run.  Lol, I'll never get through the re-bagging if I do!

On 1/26/2022 at 7:27 PM, universal soldier said:

It took a lot of will power to not re-read the entire Andru run.  Lol, I'll never get through the re-bagging if I do!

Read first, bag later :cloud9:

On 1/26/2022 at 2:25 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes, me too. Turns out the Bronze Age was the Golden Age - and not just of comics.

It's a quote I think by Maggie Thompson that states something like "the Golden Age of Comics is when you are about 13 years old".  I looked for the quote online, to get it correct, but cannot find it.

Here is another Xerox from the late Dave Hunt while he was the background inker on the Amazing Spider-Man (127 through 170).  Typically he made a copy after he did his inking, but this looks to me like he did one before he started.  

I also have included a picture of the finished original art page, taken from the wonderful Ross Andru Artist Edition, which I absolutely love.
ASM 127 was an issue I got through back order, and not off the stands, so it never really stood out to me.  The new vulture (um, I guess the new new vulture to be more precise) never got me excited either.  

Looks like the title preview for the next issue was changed from "The Vulture Hangs Out" to "The Vulture Hangs High".

ASM127_19_AndruPencilsOnly.jpg.543b0ec2a44eacad0baa9b8e9580ed4b.jpg

image.thumb.png.39f1ad424967cb1eba5bb7407567ed65.png

On 1/28/2022 at 8:39 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Here is another Xerox from the late Dave Hunt while he was the background inker on the Amazing Spider-Man (127 through 170).  Typically he made a copy after he did his inking, but this looks to me like he did one before he started.  

I also have included a picture of the finished original art page, taken from the wonderful Ross Andru Artist Edition, which I absolutely love.
ASM 127 was an issue I got through back order, and not off the stands, so it never really stood out to me.  The new vulture (um, I guess the new new vulture to be more precise) never got me excited either.  

Looks like the title preview for the next issue was changed from "The Vulture Hangs Out" to "The Vulture Hangs High".

ASM127_19_AndruPencilsOnly.jpg.543b0ec2a44eacad0baa9b8e9580ed4b.jpg

image.thumb.png.39f1ad424967cb1eba5bb7407567ed65.png

lol Vulture is silly. Can't make out if the If the Sarcasm on Spidey defeats him on his own lol That spider-man was a witty school of hard knocks to read :) 

On 1/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Maybe they thought "The Vulture Hangs Out" sounded too much like a wardrobe malfunction :eek:

On 1/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Maybe they thought "The Vulture Hangs Out" sounded too much like a wardrobe malfunction :eek:

"The Vulture Hangs Out" sounded to me like the neighbor kid coming over for a playdate.  "Petey hangs out with the Vulture and they all have Ice Cream"

But the what the heck does "The Vulture Hangs High" even mean?

On 1/28/2022 at 9:26 PM, Spider-Variant said:

"The Vulture Hangs Out" sounded to me like the neighbor kid coming over for a playdate.  "Petey hangs out with the Vulture and they all have Ice Cream"

But the what the heck does "The Vulture Hangs High" even mean?

He likes a bit of wacky backy?

Could've been worse. "The Vulture Hangs to The Left."

On 1/29/2022 at 9:17 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

"The Vulture Hangs Out With The Hip Crowd" :headbang:

fe5.thumb.jpg.9b10eb7cbaf5ef329f1eea67b28c86ad.jpg

Hide contents

Capture.PNG.d84486c7ea55450f5ae03fa0d946b3e6.PNG

That's some great old school baddies right there.

My oldest daughter (who's in school for her PhD  smart kid) asked me if there were another Amazing Spider-man movie with Andrew Garfield who should the villian be.

Those gents above have all made the cut.  I think maybe Kraven.  But Scorpion could be cool.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:30 PM, Spider-Variant said:

That's some great old school baddies right there.

My oldest daughter (who's in school for her PhD  smart kid) asked me if there were another Amazing Spider-man movie with Andrew Garfield who should the villian be.

Those gents above have all made the cut.  I think maybe Kraven.  But Scorpion could be cool.

Kraven never did it for me. Scorpion could be cool though. With a Kingpin subplot. A faithful take on Kingpin though, as close to the comic version as possible.  

On 1/29/2022 at 12:34 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Kraven never did it for me. Scorpion could be cool though. With a Kingpin subplot. A faithful take on Kingpin though, as close to the comic version as possible.  

Kraven couldn't bring enough on his own.  

Any Bronze Age Baddies make the cut? I really like the Tarantula, but probably in the minority on him.