• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,725 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 1:13 PM, Primetime said:

👋🏽 not much Andru swag on my end. I’ve been wanting to read this story and the near Christmas full date stamp was too good to pass up (thumbsu

Look at how improved the art goes from issue 1 with inks by Esposito, to issue 2 with inks by Mooney, to finally issue 3 with inks by Giacoia.  Great improvement IMHO.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:39 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Here is another Xerox from the late Dave Hunt while he was the background inker on the Amazing Spider-Man (127 through 170).  Typically he made a copy after he did his inking, but this looks to me like he did one before he started.  

I also have included a picture of the finished original art page, taken from the wonderful Ross Andru Artist Edition, which I absolutely love.
ASM 127 was an issue I got through back order, and not off the stands, so it never really stood out to me.  The new vulture (um, I guess the new new vulture to be more precise) never got me excited either.  

Looks like the title preview for the next issue was changed from "The Vulture Hangs Out" to "The Vulture Hangs High".

ASM127_19_AndruPencilsOnly.jpg.543b0ec2a44eacad0baa9b8e9580ed4b.jpg

image.thumb.png.39f1ad424967cb1eba5bb7407567ed65.png

This is nice to see 👍‼️

On 2/10/2022 at 7:22 PM, ganni said:

Wonder why Carmine Infantino signed this comic book instead of Ross Andru? Or Gerry Conway instead Stan Lee?

snwh12.jpg.8bda8e6f9f481c85780ab405dfe3c383.jpg

I forget who won Spidy or Sup,s?😁😁😫

im sure it was tie👍‼️

On 2/13/2022 at 10:04 AM, FoggyNelson said:

I forget who won Spidy or Sup,s?😁😁😫

im sure it was tie👍‼️

Had I been the author, Spider-Man would have emerged victorious and alone, lol.

Yes, classic superhero misunderstanding fight until they figure out their on the same team.  Here's my play by play again, because no one asked for it.

image.thumb.png.b20cd14392d87c11ef2abfa319670634.png

Edited by Spider-Variant

On 2/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, classic superhero misunderstanding fight until they figure out their on the same team.  Here's my play by play again, because no one asked for it.

Thanks , it’s interesting

On 2/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, Spider-Variant said:

There was a song by All American Rejects, a band called swing swing. That title alone, makes those degrees and lines worth it! :headbang:

Cheers! @Spider-Variant not sure why "a band" autocorrected to abandoned lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/20/2022 at 6:58 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Where's that from?  Or am I just being dense this morning?

I saw it online earlier - the end credits to the Peacemaker TV show - something about the character Chemo, I think - Ross co-created him.  

On 2/20/2022 at 2:01 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I saw it online earlier - the end credits to the Peacemaker TV show - something about the character Chemo, I think - Ross co-created him.  

Hmm, never read it and have never watched the show.

Good find though!  :banana:

Edited by Spider-Variant