• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2021 at 6:12 AM, Oddball said:

I bought it on iTunes for twenty bucks as it would have cost more to take the family to see it in theaters anyway. Can’t watch yet but looking forward to it.

A85D9590-2C49-4964-BF3C-F57008F55B17.thumb.jpeg.5cae9b06d77545ed8f96948c52f9c173.jpeg

I'll make buys like that too with the rationale if I had gone to the theater and also hit the concession stand by the time you are done you are well over $19.99 including gas and traffic experiences.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:56 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not that anyone MUST enjoy this film, but Tom Hardy in an interview noted going back and reading feedback from the first movie. Then with the 'opportunities' that came up most frequently he made sure to apply those changes, and keep what worked.

Classy move on his part versus "you'll get what I give you."

Good combination of business sense and caring about his audience.  Don't see that much in Hollywood.

Sony’s Venom: Let There Be Carnage opened to $90.1 million at the domestic box office, the biggest three-day launch of the pandemic era, fueling the biggest weekend overall since COVID-19 shut down theaters in March of 2020. The sequel achieved the feat in five days to finish Tuesday with a domestic total of $102.1 million.

Venom 2 scored a massive win for Sony and filmmaker Andy Serkis when launching to $90 million, the biggest three-day opening of the pandemic era. It is also the first sequel during COVID-19 to exceed the opening of the preceding film.

By these numbers it's obvious people are starved for movie entertainment, releasing in October doesn't matter

I've been flipping through Amazon the past week, and it's just bleak

On 10/7/2021 at 7:21 PM, Dr. Dank said:

By these numbers it's obvious people are starved for movie entertainment, releasing in October doesn't matter

I've been flipping through Amazon the past week, and it's just bleak

In this section you see all the shows and movies between 2020-2021 that have been steadily coming out. Even with a pandemic.

• Mare of Easttown (HBO Max)
  • Only Murders In The Building (Hulu)
  • Fantasy Island (Hulu)
  • The White Lotus (HBO Max)
  • See (Apple TV)
  • Ted Lasso (Apple Tv)
  • Big Sky (Hulu)
  • Pennyworth (Epix)
  • Invincible (Amazon)

So much to watch if you have access to some of these services. Even the re-runs of popular shows are extensive across them all.

On 10/7/2021 at 5:59 PM, Bosco685 said:

In this section you see all the shows and movies between 2020-2021 that have been steadily coming out. Even with a pandemic.

• Mare of Easttown (HBO Max)
  • Only Murders In The Building (Hulu)
  • Fantasy Island (Hulu)
  • The White Lotus (HBO Max)
  • See (Apple TV)
  • Ted Lasso (Apple Tv)
  • Big Sky (Hulu)
  • Pennyworth (Epix)
  • Invincible (Amazon)

So much to watch if you have access to some of these services. Even the re-runs of popular shows are extensive across them all.

I have Amazon

Been watching 30Rock almost non stop

Watched all of Top Gear, Grand Tour, Clarksons Farm, and every James May series.

Good Omens was good, American Gods was OK

It's winding down quickly though, may have to go back to Netflix

On 10/7/2021 at 8:31 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I have Amazon

Been watching 30Rock almost non stop

Watched all of Top Gear, Grand Tour, Clarksons Farm, and every James May series.

Good Omens was good, American Gods was OK

It's winding down quickly though, may have to go back to Netflix

Hulu has been jammed with solid content. Especially all the FX shows it picks up the next day.

Mister Inbetween about a mob tough guy and a father is yet another of the solid shows on there. And it also has all of History Channel's Vikings and The Handmaid's Tale.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hulu has been jammed with solid content. Especially all the FX shows it picks up the next day.

Mister Inbetween about a mob tough guy and a father is yet another of the solid shows on there. And it also has all of History Channel's Vikings and The Handmaid's Tale.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've never looked at Hulu as an option, I'll take a look if they have a free period

On 10/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Thanks for the recommendation, I've never looked at Hulu as an option, I'll take a look if they have a free period

Between Hulu and HBO MAX I've been so overwhelmed with the flow of content.

Even shows from a few years ago that I had no idea existed and they have brought forward.

Well worth keeping those two.

Venom 2 release schedule update:

• 30 September 2021: UK (London) (premiere)
  • 14 September 2021: Russia, Ukraine    
  • 1 October 2021: Canada, USA    
  • 7 October 2021: Mexico       
  • 13 October 2021: South Korea, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates    
  • 14 October 2021: Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia    
  • 15 October 2021: Bulgaria, India, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania , Spain, Sweden, Turkey , UK
  • 20 October 2021: France    
  • 21 October 2021: Germany, Netherlands   
  • 22 October 2021: Finland, Iceland
  • 25 November 2021: Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand
  • 2 December 2021: Thailand

Quite a few markets still to open.

Spidey_Franchise01.thumb.png.6b9eb27f20f43bb32d7d8cb3e987a676.png

Still no China release date.