• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

Venom: Let There Be Carnage continues to tear up the box office. The Tom Hardy sequel dominated the box office in its opening weekend, quickly becoming the champion of the pandemic-era box office here in the United States. As it turns out, it's already setting records internationally as well.

The highly anticipated Venom sequel earned $13.8 milion during its first night in Russian theaters, also besting the pandemic-era record previously held by Denis Villeneuve's Dune. Through Sunday, Let There Be Carnage has grossed $103.8M in the markets where open. So far, the sequel is outperforming its predecessor, which ended up grossing $856.1M globally.

Though a threequel has yet to be greenlit, Andy Serkis says he has some ideas for where the franchise can go.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:59 PM, Dr. Dank said:

300px-Gnomes_plan.png

You should have a discussion with these other fine fellows and see who comes up with a positive opinion at least once.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:37 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Well, this is officially on the pile of things I'll most likely never ever watch

On 9/6/2021 at 1:12 PM, Dr. Dank said:

20161011_120201.jpg

On 9/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Spiderman "crossover"

Tom Hardys Venom has absolutely nothing to do with Spiderman. 

They'd have to restart.

They won't, which is why it'll be just as crappy as everything else they keep putting out.

The only good thing about Sony at this point is the Playstation, and that's losing a lot of traction as well

What's inevitable is the crash of corporate life because we aren't mindless husks with money

On 9/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Venom 2, there's going to be Garbage

On 9/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, Dr. Dank said:

It's just sad how I can already see the trilogy played out.

We have Carnage here, most likely doesn't die

3rd movie....Maximum Garbage, with a all star cast, Spiderman and Avengers crossover

On 10/1/2021 at 1:13 AM, Dr. Dank said:

What's that,  nobody cares?

Should they?

No, not really 

Super-healthy approach to comic book films. Especially if it is a film you already declared you will not watch. But you'll ensure to tell everyone. Repeatedly.

:baiting:

I dont know anyone's post before this page.

You can tell it's made by a different production team, I got used to it and even chuckled a couple of times.

Its consistent in quality, and not made as over the top cgi as other "main stream titles."

It's a simple story, I dont have any attachment to the movie nor the characters from watching it though :(

Its decent, but I'm not sure how it could be done any better.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

You should have a discussion with these other fine fellows and see who comes up with a positive opinion at least once.

Super-healthy approach to comic book films. Especially if it is a film you already declared you will not watch. But you'll ensure to tell everyone. Repeatedly.

:baiting:

Aww you do like me.

I won't be paying to see this, will I watch it? I'll try

Maybe I'll even watch it all the way through.

Actually, I hope to make it all the way through 

On 10/5/2021 at 6:52 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Aww you do like me.

I won't be paying to see this, will I watch it? I'll try

Maybe I'll even watch it all the way through.

Actually, I hope to make it all the way through 

Aww 

See? You found one of those positive personalities.

(:

On 10/5/2021 at 4:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

You mean with all those negative posts you have made in this thread?

absolutely-not-nope.gif.74c5fd4e25a8c2677bdd18686a378c40.gif

I said it looks like it sucks

I said I'm not going to pay to see it

I dont think I said I'm not going to see it

It's my opinion, it's obviously not negative enough considering a lot of people are paying to watch it. Doesn't look like they'll miss MY 20 dollars 

On 10/5/2021 at 7:21 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I said it looks like it sucks

I said I'm not going to pay to see it

I dont think I said I'm not going to see it

It's my opinion, it's obviously not negative enough considering a lot of people are paying to watch it. Doesn't look like they'll miss MY 20 dollars 

If only. And the crazy thing is you have no idea how excessive you made yourself over this film.

On 10/5/2021 at 5:45 PM, Bosco685 said:

If only. And the crazy thing is you have no idea how excessive you made yourself over this film.

Crazy thing is you haven't caught on to how much I care about what anyone thinks 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:01 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I remember when movie threads were about the movie the thread was created about 

now it’s about dumping on anything not MCU

sad pathetic lives 

love-yes.gif.41233b24bc6adeca06e2fb953800c1ba.gif

On 10/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I remember when movie threads were about the movie the thread was created about 

now it’s about dumping on anything not MCU

sad pathetic lives 

MCU sucks

I watched it today. I liked the first one, but this one was far less entertaining. The acting, dialogue, and action sequences were all worse than in the first movie.  This is the first movie I've seen in theatres in almost two year and despite a great experience with plenty of snacks and an automatic recliner, it didn't enhance the movie enough to give it more than a C.

On 10/5/2021 at 3:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I dont know anyone's post before this page.

You can tell it's made by a different production team, I got used to it and even chuckled a couple of times.

Its consistent in quality, and not made as over the top cgi as other "main stream titles."

It's a simple story, I dont have any attachment to the movie nor the characters from watching it though :(

Its decent, but I'm not sure how it could be done any better.

I liked this movie fine, in fact I was pleasantly surprised that I thought it was better than the first one, which I didn't like much.  In particular I liked being able to actually understand what Venom was saying.

I do agree about the "attachment" factor, however.  The best MCU movies (and, heck, the best movies, period) create in the audience some kind of emotional attachment.  If you don't "care" about whether they live or die, succeed or fail, then either the writing, the directing, the acting, or maybe all of them have failed.  This is not to imply that there are some people who watch movies but are simply unable to suspend their disbelief enough to feel anything.  Sometimes it's not the writing, directing or acting, but something missing in the viewer.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:29 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I liked this movie fine, in fact I was pleasantly surprised that I thought it was better than the first one, which I didn't like much.  In particular I liked being able to actually understand what Venom was saying.

I do agree about the "attachment" factor, however.  The best MCU movies (and, heck, the best movies, period) create in the audience some kind of emotional attachment.  If you don't "care" about whether they live or die, succeed or fail, then either the writing, the directing, the acting, or maybe all of them have failed.  This is not to imply that there are some people who watch movies but are simply unable to suspend their disbelief enough to feel anything.  Sometimes it's not the writing, directing or acting, but something missing in the viewer.

True. That's what I meant about consistancy. It does a good job of coming full circle and lays it out cohesively enough to enjoy. Venom did make more sense this time, I only misheard once.

The wonder....

Spoiler

Spoiler

Of scream and how she was to make an impact was the only time I was mentally engaged with predictability, though I feel it didnt come to the way I thought it would

Instesd any predictability was over shadowed by more plot points.

Still did I enjoy it? Yes wasnt bad. I didnt get any 1st impression vibes or attachment though. I domt really regret it, although I possibly didnt feel any excitement other than some chuckles. It was a day in the life of venom, we are going to die style, that was my biggest laugh :roflmao:

On 10/5/2021 at 9:29 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Not that anyone MUST enjoy this film, but Tom Hardy in an interview noted going back and reading feedback from the first movie. Then with the 'opportunities' that came up most frequently he made sure to apply those changes, and keep what worked.

Classy move on his part versus "you'll get what I give you."