• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2021 at 3:39 PM, TupennyConan said:

Does anyone care about or like this movie except the two silver dudes posting happy things?

Not sure who the two silver dudes are, but I would like to know where on the Venom doll Tom Hardy touched some people. It has to be that versus wildly silly studio dislike.

venomdoll.thumb.jpeg.6cba82082bfc4f9123894d20fe144751.jpeg

On 10/10/2021 at 4:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Not sure who the two silver dudes are, but I would like to know where on the Venom doll Tom Hardy touched some people. It has to be that versus wildly silly studio dislike.

venomdoll.thumb.jpeg.6cba82082bfc4f9123894d20fe144751.jpeg

Or…it could be that the first one was Ghost Rider-bad - and this looks like more of the same.

That said. Waiting for JayDog’s review… :baiting:

On 10/10/2021 at 6:31 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Or…it could be that the first one was Ghost Rider-bad - and this looks like more of the same.

That said. Waiting for JayDog’s review… :baiting:

I'm sure you convinced yourself of that the minute the film was announced. :roflmao:

On 10/7/2021 at 4:37 PM, Gatsby77 said:
On 10/7/2021 at 4:21 PM, Dr. Dank said:

By these numbers it's obvious people are starved for movie entertainment, releasing in October doesn't matter

I've been flipping through Amazon the past week, and it's just bleak

Try Squid Game (Netflix). It's worthy.

Watched it this weekend at the insistence of my better half who had heard all the rave about it from her exercise dancing friends.  :blahblah:

Not being the reality TV Survivor type of fan, definitely not my cup of tea and rather a bit boring as I kept dozing off during a few of the episodes. zzz

If it's a South Korean show that I am looking for, I would much rather prefer a fast paced action spy thriller like Iris which I thought was simply fantastic and also available on Netflix (at least in Canada):  (thumbsu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_(TV_series)

Although Lee Byung-hun made his appearance in the last 2 episodes of Squid Game, he was clearly in his prime during Iris and around the same time that he made his way to Hollywood for films like the G.I. Joe run of movies along with others.  You definitely can't complain about Kim Tae-hee who was acknowleged as one of Soth Korea's most beautiful women in her younger days, and certainly not hard on the eyes as the gorgeous female lead in Iris.  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

I guess we have an answer on 'does anyone care about this movie'. Variety attributes Bond 25 not hitting $60M-$70M estimate not only due to the pandemic and run time.

The slightly muted results for “No Time to Die” are attributable to several factors, including hesitation among older audiences to return to theaters and its lengthy two-hour-and-45-minute runtime, which limited the number of screenings per day. It’s also the first Hollywood tentpole with real competition at the box office. Sony’s comic book sequel “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” opened last weekend and has continued to pull in crowds, which may have cannibalized ticket sales for Bond.

With “No Time to Die” claiming the No. 1 spot on domestic box office charts, the “Venom” follow-up slid to second place with $32 million, a figure that’s more than many pandemic-era releases have made in their entire theatrical run. In total, “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” has generated a mighty $141 million in North America and $185 million worldwide.

It's hard to ignore star power when you have Tom Hardy and Woody Harrelson going head-to-head in a movie. No matter how average the -script may be.

On 10/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm sure you convinced yourself of that the minute the film was announced. :roflmao:

I went into it open-minded, other than my dislike of his origin not being tied to Spider-Man, and it was still bad.

I recognize that Tom Hardy tried, but it's in the same vain that Hugh Jackman tried in Origins.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I went into it open-minded, other than my dislike of his origin not being tied to Spider-Man, and it was still bad.

I recognize that Tom Hardy tried, but it's in the same vain that Hugh Jackman tried in Origins.

I definitely would categorize this as a great movie. Nor a very good movie. It was just 90's superhero fanfare to celebrate a Spider-man antagonist in a solo film with the nuttiest of situations. Including eating your competition.

I'm just not a fan of the 'not my MCU so therefore my enemy' mindset that is becoming too common with Marvel-based productions.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm just not a fan of the 'not my MCU so therefore my enemy' mindset that is becoming too common with Marvel-based productions.

Almost everything sucks nowadays. MCU spinoffs, DC spinoffs, Sony spinoffs...

We went from the Golden Age of comic books films to the Dreck Age real quick.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:39 AM, lou_fine said:

Watched it this weekend at the insistence of my better half who had heard all the rave about it from her exercise dancing friends.  :blahblah:

Not being the reality TV Survivor type of fan, definitely not my cup of tea and rather a bit boring as I kept dozing off during a few of the episodes. zzz

If it's a South Korean show that I am looking for, I would much rather prefer a fast paced action spy thriller like Iris which I thought was simply fantastic and also available on Netflix (at least in Canada):  (thumbsu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_(TV_series)

Although Lee Byung-hun made his appearance in the last 2 episodes of Squid Game, he was clearly in his prime during Iris and around the same time that he made his way to Hollywood for films like the G.I. Joe run of movies along with others.  You definitely can't complain about Kim Tae-hee who was acknowleged as one of Soth Korea's most beautiful women in her younger days, and certainly not hard on the eyes as the gorgeous female lead in Iris.  :luhv:

I’d definitely categorize Squid Game as more psychological thriller than action. 

And overall, it’s probably not as good as Battle Royale - but I’ve been amazed at how the series has tapped into something visceral and resonated broadly in our culture:

# 1 in 90 countries on Netflix last weekend, still # 1 in the US this weekend - and it’s inspired hundreds of memes - plus, I’ve heard about it from more friends and colleagues than any show since Queen’s Gambit.

I’ll check out Iris. Thanks!

Edited by Gatsby77

On 10/11/2021 at 6:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Almost everything sucks nowadays. MCU spinoffs, DC spinoffs, Sony spinoffs...

We went from the Golden Age of comic books films to the Dreck Age real quick.

This. My stance doesn't care about which studio does what

On 10/11/2021 at 7:53 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I’ll check out Iris. Thanks!

Loved this show when I first watched it about 10 years ago when it swept through the Asian countries as a top of the charts TV series.  :luhv:

Only qualifier is that it is in Korean only with English subtitles, which for me is not a problem at all as I watch all of my TV shows with the closed caption feature turned on.  (thumbsu

Let me know what you think and hope you like it when you get a chance to check it out as I believe it's 20 episodes.  :bigsmile:

Edited by lou_fine

I preordered this on iTunes but may possibly cancel before its release. I saw a YouTube clip of the prison break and Carnage looked like a video game. Seemed too choppy/digital instead of organic. I’m not going to judge from one clip though, but that puts me on the fence.

On 10/13/2021 at 5:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

Sure...but the first Venom film opened on the 3-day holiday weekend.

For this one, the second Monday was the holiday, so *of course* it held better than its predecessor.

Context matters, kids! :)

On 10/13/2021 at 5:23 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Sure...but the first Venom film opened on the 3-day holiday weekend.

For this one, the second Monday was the holiday, so *of course* it held better than its predecessor.

Context matters, kids! :)

Every little bit helps when trying to build a negative narrative. Just ask Gatsby.

hm

Uhhhh...

Venom 2 release schedule update:

• 30 September 2021: UK (London) (premiere)
  • 14 September 2021: Russia, Ukraine    
  • 1 October 2021: Canada, USA    
  • 7 October 2021: Mexico       
  • 13 October 2021: South Korea, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates    
  • 14 October 2021: Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia    
  • 15 October 2021: Bulgaria, India, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania , Spain, Sweden, Turkey , UK
  • 20 October 2021: France    
  • 21 October 2021: Germany, Netherlands   
  • 22 October 2021: Finland, Iceland
  • 25 November 2021: Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand
  • 2 December 2021: Thailand

Spidey_Franchise01.thumb.png.c7665ad0e0994d42670deaecd88b0189.png