• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2022 at 12:32 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Haven't you heard Brian ? 1Mil sales are now the norm. Heck, even the Strawberry Shortcake 1 9.8, posted in Gold the other day, is heading to that mark at galloping speeds. We'll ALL soon be screwed out of buying comics. :sorry:

Yep!!! It's been the word in the streets lately lol

On 5/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, skypinkblu said:

I was looking at a Marvel Mystery on Comicconnect and it said "Blackstone copy"...is that a new pedigree I missed? 

I see what you’re talking about, but I’m sorry to say I know nothing about it either. I guess we just wait by the side of the road here until someone smart goes by, 

in the meantime, maybe someone has some thoughts they could offer on why this book is still a blue label

5B6A257C-E597-49F5-8529-6B326E865A30.jpeg

The Action 1 is a frankenbook. Verdict not yet out if work done by the Meyers but as they are BIG fans of interior lightening to guarantee at least OWW page designation,  I have my doubts.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 5/17/2022 at 12:40 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I see what you’re talking about, but I’m sorry to say I know nothing about it either. I guess we just wait by the side of the road here until someone smart goes by, 

in the meantime, maybe someone has some thoughts they could offer on why this book is still a blue label

5B6A257C-E597-49F5-8529-6B326E865A30.jpeg

I'm waiting on the side of the road on the Blacktone thingy...I'll bring some chairs.

Re this book, it's easy...they took OUT the offensive staple and just stapled it, didn't insert it in the old one's place (my guess) so it's not restored. ..but my question is why is it a 3.5 ? and can the person who dreamt up the way to get around the replaced staple please represent me if I ever get a traffic ticket;)?

On 5/17/2022 at 7:12 AM, skypinkblu said:

I'm waiting on the side of the road on the Blacktone thingy...I'll bring some chairs.

Re this book, it's easy...they took OUT the offensive staple and just stapled it, didn't insert it in the old one's place (my guess) so it's not restored. ..but my question is why is it a 3.5 ? and can the person who dreamt up the way to get around the replaced staple please represent me if I ever get a traffic ticket;)?

Right? I saw a recent post ( was it from you?) where someone bit the bullet and replaced a rusty staple, and their thanks for preserving a book was a purple label. This guy seems to have hit on a magic formula for avoiding a similar fate.

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 5/17/2022 at 8:22 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Right? I saw a recent post ( was it from you?) where someone bit the bullet and replaced a rusty staple, and their thanks for preserving a book was a purple label. This guy seems to have hit on a magic formula for avoiding a similar fate.

I've replaced more than 1 rusty staple, I just don't get every book slabbed. If I do something like that I just keep a note with the book in case I sell it.  Rust harms the paper, I don't have a phobia about purple, but as books get more expensive, I do get a twinge;)

Honestly, if reglossing can be removed and the book (the Tec 32 from the grading contest) can be in a blue label, maybe they should change the rules about rusty staples?  

Edited by skypinkblu

On 5/17/2022 at 7:33 AM, skypinkblu said:

I've replaced more than 1 rusty staple, I just don't get every book slabbed. If I do something like that I just keep a note with the book in case I sell it.  Rust harms the paper, I don't have a phobia about purple, but as books get more expensive, I do get a twinge;)

Honestly, if reglossing can be removed and the book (the Tec 32 from the grading contest) can be in a blue label, maybe they should change the rules about rusty staples?  

I think they should. The system penalizes those who do the right thing to preserve a book. That should not be allowed to be an intended consequence. 

On 5/17/2022 at 8:33 AM, skypinkblu said:

I'm intrigued about re-glossing being removed.. Have a link to that thread?

On 5/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, skypinkblu said:

Holy cow!

I wasn't optimistic that re-glossing could be removed without cleaning the cover. But the cover on the Tec was already cleaned?? So a book with a cleaned and re-glossed cover had the re-glossing & cleaning removed??? I don't think there's a realistic answer to how that can happen that doesn't involve CGC incorrectly grading the book. :whatthe: