• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2023 at 2:46 PM, lou_fine said:

With your long term experience and knowledge with these books here, what's your opinion on Mystery Men 7 with respect to scarcity?  hm

Especially since the CGC census indicates the only relatively HG copy being the Church at 8.0 and the other remaining 10 Universal copies all in CGC 4.0 and below.  Looks like the Larson copy won't help here since Tricarichi shows it in his Larson List as having a coupon cut out of the back cover along with a 3/4 inch tear on the back cover at the spine.  :frown:

I'm a Lou Fine fanatic so I've never searched for the 7.  With that caveat, I've never run across any nice copies except for the Church.

On 3/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, adamstrange said:

I'm a Lou Fine fanatic so I've never searched for the 7. 

Thanks for being a rabid fan of mines lol, but I thought you would have been a much bigger fan of this guy right here:  :luhv:  

Silver Age (1956-1969):Science Fiction, Mystery in Space #82 (DC, 1963) CGC VF/NM 9.0 White pages....

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/21/2023 at 12:01 PM, lou_fine said:

Now, now..........let's not go there or you just might send prices up into the stratosphere where we would never be able to afford them.  :frown:

Although rarer, these very early humor theme covers generate less demand and hence lower prices even though they tend to show up on a far less frequent basis.  Contrast that to the more in demand adventure theme covers where the prices can get quite erratic and go rather ballistic at times when they do come to market:  :Rocket:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/adventure-comics-33-dc-1938-condition-apparent-gd-vg/a/122207-13007.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Golden Age (1938-1955):Adventure, Adventure Comics #33 (DC, 1938) Condition: Apparent GD/VG....

A raw graded Restored G/VG copy of Adventure Comics 33 selling for over $5K or more than 9X condition guide value in February of 2022; or  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/more-fun-comics-45-dc-1939-condition-gd-/a/122213-17630.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ArchiveSearchResults-012417&lotPosition=0|1

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, More Fun Comics #45 (DC, 1939) Condition: GD+....

A raw graded Good+ copy of More Fun 45 selling for $4,800 or almost a whopping 20X condition guide value back in March of 2022.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Coming up on a Sunday HA auction

532368DA-E776-4F89-87EA-8578361988AA.jpeg

On 4/21/2023 at 10:59 AM, lou_fine said:

Yeah, saw this in my email earlier this morning and had to Google where it was and I imagine this is a nice place for some rest and relaxation funded in part by Uncle Sam and his taxpayers.  :bigsmile:

It’s a promotional expense that’s why I invite clients and not friends to parties - Louis Tully. 

602DE07C-0A29-47F3-BF6B-5301A8A024DC.jpeg

On 4/17/2023 at 6:50 AM, batman_fan said:

Coming up on a Sunday HA auction

532368DA-E776-4F89-87EA-8578361988AA.jpeg

As for this copy of More Fun 45 here, even though it's graded higher and clearly presents much more nicer than the Good copy that had sold for $4,800 last year, I somehow suspect it's going to have a tough time getting back to this same price range or anywhere close to 20X condition guide.  hm

Will definitely be interesting to watach and see the final score here though.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 4/21/2023 at 4:41 PM, lou_fine said:

As for this copy of More Fun 45 here, even though it's graded higher and clearly presents much more nicer than the Good copy that had sold for $4,800 last year, I somehow suspect it's going to have a tough time getting back to this same price range or anywhere close to 20X condition guide.  hm

Will definitely be interesting to watach and see the final score here though.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

I remember that sale now that you mention it. That was just plain bizarre. I don't think it will come anywhere close, but inexperienced bidders might look at that previous sale and not realize what an outlier it was, and that could influence the bidding. That's what often happens.

I noticed a couple of times where books sold for sky-high prices ONLY because they were Okajima camp books, and then the price of non-pedigree copies skyrocketed. :roflmao:There's an inexperienced bidder born every minute.

Does anybody else have to now type in their password on Comicconnect and now Heritage also? I ask because before I could just open the pages and my sign in info would be filled out, I would just have to click submit to sign in. Now both sites are making me type my password. I checked my settings. I think now both sites aren't saving credentials like they did. 

On 4/21/2023 at 10:19 PM, Professor K said:

Does anybody else have to now type in their password on Comicconnect and now Heritage also? I ask because before I could just open the pages and my sign in info would be filled out, I would just have to click submit to sign in. Now both sites are making me type my password. I checked my settings. I think now both sites aren't saving credentials like they did. 

I can't speak for Comicconnect, but HA still saves my credentials for sure. Anytime I go to their site my password is saved and it's just a few clicks through to bid. (My wife may try to log me out, but that's another story.)

On 4/21/2023 at 10:19 PM, Professor K said:

Have you updated your web browser? I know when I do, none of my passwords are saved on sites, I have to start again. I've signed into CC and HA this week and mine were saved.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:29 PM, Point Five said:

I can't speak for Comicconnect, but HA still saves my credentials for sure. Anytime I go to their site my password is saved and it's just a few clicks through to bid. (My wife may try to log me out, but that's another story.)

On 4/21/2023 at 11:01 PM, skypinkblu said:

Have you updated your web browser? I know when I do, none of my passwords are saved on sites, I have to start again. I've signed into CC and HA this week and mine were saved.

Thank you both, it must be my browser then. It's Opera, it always auto updates and for the worst each time. Can't roll it back either. I only use it because it can save bookmarks as thumbnails.

Opera Snapshot_2023-04-22_123202_opera.png

On 4/22/2023 at 9:32 AM, Professor K said:

Thank you both, it must be my browser then. It's Opera, it always auto updates and for the worst each time. Can't roll it back either. I only use it because it can save bookmarks as thumbnails.

Nothing says that you can't have more than one browser in your tray.  Consider adding Google Chrome, which has a feature to save passwords.  You could use it whenever you want to go to HA or CC.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:29 PM, Point Five said:

Well, either that or if she's really upset with you, she could place a ton of record setting bids for you on some worthless drek books, which would definitely be another story there.  :fear: lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 4/23/2023 at 12:32 AM, Professor K said:

Have u tried this ? 

https://browserhow.com/how-to-save-and-manage-passwords-on-opera-browser/#:~:text=All the passwords are stored locally on the opera browser,Opera Browser on the computer.

On 4/22/2023 at 6:14 PM, fifties said:

Nothing says that you can't have more than one browser in your tray.  Consider adding Google Chrome, which has a feature to save passwords.  You could use it whenever you want to go to HA or CC.

Oh yes I've got them, Chrome and Edge. Just so used to Opera.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:21 AM, Grendel72 said:

Hi Yes. I got it to autofill on HA again by deleting its bookmark then saving again. Still won't save password for comicconnect no matter what I try. Oh what a world!