• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2024 at 2:56 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I'd stay away from it until CGC starts differentiating between the original and the two early reprints. That house of cards has to fall eventually.

I don't know that I would go so far as to call it a house of cards, but I would agree the value of rare first printings (Supe 1, Bat 1, Marvel 1) has remained close to the value of subsequent printings in a way that is almost completely out of keeping with the way such things are treated in other collectible fields.  Even, actually, in the way so many modern comic "variants" are valued.  And it seems likely, IMV, that some of that is due to collectors who for various reasons don't want people to have an interest in the more rare earlier printings, resulting in a fair amount of "nothing to see here" over the years.  

On 3/21/2024 at 6:06 PM, Courageous Cat said:

again, if its not too much trouble, is the hammer price shown include the 15% juice?

No it does not (unlike Heritage). The 15% BP will be added to the displayed winning bid.

-bc

On 3/21/2024 at 4:29 PM, lou_fine said:

In your rush and excitement with your winning bid, I believe you made a typo in your post up above which I corrected for you.  :takeit:  :whee:

I wish that was the case, but in 20 years I will think I got a bargain 

On 3/21/2024 at 6:34 PM, bc said:
On 3/21/2024 at 6:06 PM, Courageous Cat said:

again, if its not too much trouble, is the hammer price shown include the 15% juice?

No it does not (unlike Heritage). The 15% BP will be added to the displayed winning bid.

Here's a recent example of how it shows when an auction ends and when looking it up under sold items on ComicConnect.

Hammer price when clock runs out:

image.thumb.png.140616e677a0b8eb75a26febb8350a15.png

How the item/price shows (with the 15% added in) in the ComicConnect sold archives (this is probably what is most used when CC result prices/pictures are posted on the boards):

image.png

Edited by DanCooper

On 3/21/2024 at 3:34 PM, bc said:
On 3/21/2024 at 3:06 PM, Courageous Cat said:

Like the example posted above, I think it should be pretty obvious that similar to the Heritage auctions, the bids DURING and prior to the end of the auctions are the hammer bids only and DO NOT include the 15% BP juice and 20% BP juice in the case of the Heritage lots.  :gossip:

After the auctions are over, the winning bids for BOTH HA and CC do include the BP juice as you really cannot bid by anything less than whole dollars:  (thumbsu

On 3/17/2024 at 9:36 PM, Professor K said:

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-18_002909_www.comicconnect.com.png

All you need to do is to simply divide the posted winning bid of $1,726.15 by 1.15 to come up with the winning hammer bid of $1,501 for this copy of Funny Pages 7.   Not sure why you would need to know the intermediate hammer bid though since it really doesn't mean much after the auction is over.  hm  (shrug)

On 3/21/2024 at 4:00 PM, buttock said:

Good news everyone, I just got my catalog for this auction in the mail today.  

That's the advantage of living right in America as it's clear you guys get much faster service than the Canuckleheads up North.  :frustrated:

Not sure about you, but I always get my copy shipped out from Malmo, Sweden and usually arrives about 2 weeks AFTER the end of the auction.  :facepalm:

Well, maybe it's because Rob not only does the scanning of the books, but also works the Mail Room to ship out their catalogs.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/21/2024 at 4:29 AM, ThothAmon said:

I’m curious as to what they hammered at also. I fell asleep 😴. The two I personally was hoping to bid on were the 5 and 20.  Those purple labels didn’t bother me much as my 6 is purple MH! Couldn’t abide the 12s paper quality and missing corner and the others weren’t upgrades or had issues. 

Lucky you.  The AMans were the highlights of the auction for me. The 5 and 6 were both incredible as were a bunch of the others. Gonna be a long time before another bus like that comes along. 

I grabbed the 6, hope its as nice as the scan!

On 3/21/2024 at 7:00 PM, buttock said:

Good news everyone, I just got my catalog for this auction in the mail today.  

Well, they can scan these books or they can get your catalog out on time. They can't do both!   :taptaptap: