• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2024 at 10:36 AM, Gotham Kid said:

1 of 1

image.png.5302e56cdfe6944d2728c81a7c8a5001.png

On 3/27/2024 at 4:21 PM, buttock said:

You think a scan will be up in time for the auction?

You think CGC will have it updated in their Population Census Report by then because it's not in their census which was just updated yesterday?  :taptaptap:

With this now one and only single highest graded CGC 9.9 copy (for now at least), will we by mere co-incidence be seeing the introduction and promotion of CGC newest revenue stream being introduced into the marketplace, namely their CGC 9.9 pre-screening service that Matt was talking about implementing before they got side-tracked with all that nasty Spidey 252 holder tampering scandal stuff?  hm

Like Matt said in his interview, the CGC 9.9 pre-screen service will be a very time consuming and hence costly service to the submittor which I guess means much more money rolling into the coffers of the CCG ownership group as he said there are surely some hidden 9.9's buried within all of those 9.8's.  No real surprise there as along as you are willing to pay for the service, but I always thought they were already supposd to be grading a book 9.9 if it was truly a 9.9.  Why do we need to pay them a second time and at a much higher rate if we want to see if the book qualifies for a CGC 9.9 grade?  :devil:

The only real surprise is that this CGC 9.9 grade was given to a book being auctioned off by CC and not to one being auctioned off by Heritage.  :whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/28/2024 at 7:21 AM, buttock said:

You think a scan will be up in time for the auction?

Uh, what do you think that picture was?

On 3/28/2024 at 12:21 PM, tth2 said:

Uh, what do you think that picture was?

pic of Vinnie's new glasses ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 3/27/2024 at 1:36 PM, Gotham Kid said:

1 of 1

The book looks like it could have a light transfer stain. (The white areas in the middle of the book don't look as white as the outer edges.) If so, that must not affect the grade even in 9.9.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 3/28/2024 at 8:45 AM, buttock said:

I'm glad it got the QES sticker, otherwise I wouldn't have known whether it was a 'nice mint' or 'ugly mint'

Going to be a lot of 9.8s getting resub with press and boom. :peace:^^

On 3/28/2024 at 8:25 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

anyone notice Vinnie's  glasses the Crom on top left is strait and, on the right, its angled.O.o

Edited by woowoo

On 3/28/2024 at 11:45 AM, buttock said:

I'm glad it got the QES sticker, otherwise I wouldn't have known whether it was a 'nice mint' or 'ugly mint'

Should a 9.9 get a QES sticker when the cover is mis-aligned?

Or, foundationally, should a 9.9 have a mis-aligned cover?

On 3/28/2024 at 10:41 AM, adamstrange said:

Should a 9.9 get a QES sticker when the cover is mis-aligned?

Or, foundationally, should a 9.9 have a mis-aligned cover?

Or a transfer stain? 

In my limited experience CVA books look nicer than the average and QES books look like books that someone paid for a QES sticker. 

On 3/28/2024 at 11:01 AM, adamstrange said:

I don't see a transfer stain on that one.  Looks like the a nice white cover where the insides are highlighted because of the microchamber paper.  The GSX could be just the way the photo was shot, but it has that greasy transfer stain look.  

On 3/28/2024 at 1:03 PM, buttock said:

I don't see a transfer stain on that one.  Looks like the a nice white cover where the insides are highlighted because of the microchamber paper.  The GSX could be just the way the photo was shot, but it has that greasy transfer stain look.  

You need new glasses :baiting:

If you pull up the big scan, you can read the text on the inside cover.  That only happens when you have significant transfer.

In addition, I personally inspected the slab at the time, which is why I knew to highlight this book for its transfer stain.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:12 AM, adamstrange said:

You need new glasses :baiting:

If you pull up the big scan, you can read the text on the inside cover.  That only happens when you have significant transfer.

In addition, I personally inspected the slab at the time, which is why I knew to highlight this book for its transfer stain.

I just got new glasses :p

I've cracked out plenty of books where once you pull the microchamber paper the inside text goes away.  But I'll take your word for it that it has a transfer stain.  I guess that's why it didn't get a QES sticker.