• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

796 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2022 at 5:20 PM, The Meta said:

Its impressive that even on cheap newsprint how that artwork just pops.

I seriously envy whomever has the OA to this series

Absolutely! The newsprint gives it a funky, almost underground vibe.

As for the art, the last time I checked, most of the “money” pieces belonged to one guy, you can see them on CAF. There are almost never any pieces with an actual xeno on the market. However, non-xeno pieces were available on the cheap for many years, like $200 each. I had a few, sold all but one to a single collector. I kept the only one I had with an actual alien on it (a lone chest burster.) Last time I looked, one guy bought up all of the cheap stuff, and now I think he’s sitting on them. So unfortunately there’s just not much Mark Nelson stuff around. 

@F For Fake you find the coolest stuff. Man if I knew how to pick your brain better. I'd find a lot of treasured memories :x

Keep at it, and may you be blessed for your due diligence. 

On 1/28/2022 at 8:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@F For Fake you find the coolest stuff. Man if I knew how to pick your brain better. I'd find a lot of treasured memories :x

Keep at it, and may you be blessed for your due diligence. 

Aw thanks bud. I just get lucky sometimes! Never stop digging!

On 1/28/2022 at 11:44 PM, wombat said:

I have a whole Aliens room. Well, mostly Aliens. 

Yeah, I consider myself an Alien collector more than anything else. It’s been my lifelong love, and it’s fun when it crosses over to my other loves of comics and toys!

On 1/29/2022 at 7:28 AM, Parabellum said:

@F For FakeThanks for posting those pics!  I love it.

No problem bud, happy to share!

@F For FakeI jumped on CAF to check out the Aliens art.  Some of the OA those people own is incredible!  The cover to Aliens #2 vol 2 is gorgeous.  I would love to own some Den Beauvis OA.  I bet you could that stuff at pretty fair prices back in the day.  Imagine owning all four covers to the 1989 series…..?  :cloud9:

Edited by Parabellum

On 1/29/2022 at 10:24 AM, Parabellum said:

@F For FakeI jumped on CAF to check out the Aliens art.  Some of the OA those people own is incredible!  The cover to Aliens #2 vol 2 is gorgeous.  I would love to own some Den Beauvis OA.  I bet you could that stuff at pretty fair prices back in the day.  Imagine owning all four covers to the 1989 series…..?  :cloud9:

You can get him to do a commission. He does Aliens stuff all the time. That guy is a machine and puts out tons of stuff all the time. 

The Beauvais stuff is definitely gorgeous, but my heart will always belong to the Mark Nelson stuff. The one guy on CAF has the original to the Dark Horse poster, and I couldn’t be more jealous. I stared at that poster throughout most of my childhood and teen years. 

On 1/29/2022 at 11:29 PM, F For Fake said:

The Beauvais stuff is definitely gorgeous, but my heart will always belong to the Mark Nelson stuff. The one guy on CAF has the original to the Dark Horse poster, and I couldn’t be more jealous. I stared at that poster throughout most of my childhood and teen years. 

Haven't heard of "him", I thought maybe you meant beavis and butt-head, but still, innocent mistake. Dark Horse seems a different entity. I'm amazed at the knowledge here, and that is a fact.

On 1/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, F For Fake said:

Having a Beauvais commission, my next goals is Warner and Nelson

They've been extremely difficult to get a hold of in comparison 

On 1/30/2022 at 8:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Haven't heard of "him", I thought maybe you meant beavis and butt-head, but still, innocent mistake. Dark Horse seems a different entity. I'm amazed at the knowledge here, and that is a fact.

Denis Beauvais is definitely a real artist, and not a cartoon delinquent, I promise! Did beautiful airbrush art on the second Aliens series from Dark Horse, among other things. Does beautiful stuff.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Look. I don't mind posting this over and over because @wombat loves seeing it

20200727_212200.jpg