• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,488 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I just got my books from the last ComicLink auction ... and I really don't want to jinx this but none of them had that stupid sticker on the back.

Could we finally be seeing the end of those awful things?  And can I cancel my monthly subscription to Goo Gone?

Amazon.com: Goo Gone Adhesive Remover - 8 Ounce - Surface Safe Adhesive  Remover Safely Removes Stickers Labels Decals Residue Tape Chewing Gum  Grease Tar

I like WD-40

On 4/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, Buzzetta said:

I like WD-40

I've never used that for anything but making hinges stop squeaking.

I associate WD-40 very strongly with my grandfather who was a typesetter and later owned a hardware store.  I also think of him whenever I see this classic 1950s Atlas comic book font.

1425476783_WorldofFantasy13CGC7.5.jpg.bf6173552521907a9875df3c91d5fcf0.jpg

On 5/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, mytastebud said:

Sometimes it's good to be turned down. I made an offer on a group of books here on the boards that was equal to what I would get them on eBay. The seller countered so I had to pass. Checked out Comic Link and I picked up several more books. This one for a shockingly low price. :whatthe: 1/3 FMV :banana:

Daredevil 163.jpg

I'm not exactly sure where to draw the boundaries, but in my experience there is a set of books (which I would argue includes a book like this) where no-minimum auctions are VERY much stacked in favor of the buyer.  When demand for a book is high, I am always hoping to find a copy being offered for sale outright because there's hope that the seller is motivated enough to arrive at a mutually agreeable price, whereas at auction you are running the risk that another buyer is willing to go nuclear.  When demand for a book is low, auctions are the best -- especially when the auction house tucks it away among the long tail of "secondary" offerings when far fewer people are paying attention.

Congrats on the pickup!

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

I was paying for my items in this months Focused and noticed that if you pay using crypto, you'd save some $.

Maybe this is old news, but I just noticed it.

On 5/14/2022 at 6:26 AM, Gaard said:

I was paying for my items in this months Focused and noticed that if you pay using crypto, you'd save some $.

Maybe this is old news, but I just noticed it.

Who's offering that option?

Not sure if anyone else was part of the Heritage Auction last night but my son and I enjoyed it. Lots of 9.8 Superman comics from the late 60's to the early 70's. The Palos Verdes Collection is not a Pedigree set of books? I was lucky to pick up a copy of the #254. Will the fact that it is part of the Palos Verde Collection be a future selling point even though CGC has no notation on the case?  (shrug)

Superman 254.jpg