• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 12:40 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Oh, I heard it was cancelled.

I think the March session actually might have significantly more. But appears for February sessions 1 and 2, there are 50 pages of slabs; so what is that approximately 2500?

In case anyone is wondering about OA:

Comic Link :: The Online Vintage Comic Book and Comic Art Auction and Exchange

On 3/8/2022 at 8:47 PM, Pitboss said:

WHAT THE WHAT?!?

PREDATOR #1, CGC 9.8 NM/MT - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED

1989, 1st Predator appearance in comics

Current Bid: $888
Number Of Bids: 29 history.gif

00079682398000082490196037_TH.jpg

Some folks are really getting excited about the movie. There were two very recent sales on eBay; one BIN actually higher. Also worth noting there is an identical 2nd print of this issue, so definitely have to read the label.

Predator #1 1st Print CGC 9.8 1st App Rare Invest Now New Movie Coming Soon 🔥

Brand New
  • $900.00
  • Buy It Now

Predator #1 1st Print CGC 9.8 1st App Rare Invest Now New Movie Coming Soon 🔥

On 3/10/2022 at 11:27 AM, Gaard said:

I obviously don't have these in hand yet. Mailed the check this morning. Hey, 3% here and 3% there adds up.

Nice pickups(thumbsu Just a friendly heads up; I have a Wells Fargo and Citi card(s) that pays unlimited 2% cash back, so sometimes if I'm in a pinch because of timing of the month but can't miss out some auction slabs, I just use the card and the vig is then only 1%. 

On 3/10/2022 at 3:42 PM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

Nice pickups(thumbsu Just a friendly heads up; I have a Wells Fargo and Citi card(s) that pays unlimited 2% cash back, so sometimes if I'm in a pinch because of timing of the month but can't miss out some auction slabs, I just use the card and the vig is then only 1%. 

That's actually a pretty good idea. WF has my house note - I should look into getting a card from them.

On 3/19/2022 at 11:12 AM, BriD. said:

Just in from CLink's last auction. I'm happy to have it but I'd be lyin if I said I wasn't a little bummed about the back cover. That's the risk of CLink auctions I guess. 

Will they provide back cover scans of auction books if you request them? 

They’ve been hit-and-miss on the scan requests for me. 

Sometimes they respond and sometimes they don’t.  Most of the time when they respond it’s the day before or the day the auction ends. And I usually send my requests at the very beginning of the auction. 

I sent a scan request for 3 books in this current auction that are ending in a couple of days and still no response. 

I hate to miss out on books I really want but considering how strong prices have been the last couple of years I really don’t feel like rolling the dice on a back cover surprise either. 

Makes it really hard to plan out a bidding strategy other than “pass”. 

As I’ve said before, I guess they really don’t feel like they need my bid as everything’s going crazy regardless. 

On 3/9/2022 at 7:49 PM, Microchip said:

What did people think of their David Parsow books?  

I received my only win from the collection, and was impressed.   The book looks very tightly graded, beautiful white back cover, and very impressive overall.

FF 77 CGC 8.5 Tailor Ped.jpeg

I like it fine.  The book is nothing special, but there's a personal connection there that's unique.

x - 20.jpg

On 3/19/2022 at 2:12 PM, BriD. said:

Just in from CLink's last auction. I'm happy to have it but I'd be lyin if I said I wasn't a little bummed about the back cover. That's the risk of CLink auctions I guess. 

Will they provide back cover scans of auction books if you request them? 

00079081555000111167813002.jpg

20220319_073655_(1)~2.jpg

I’m a big proponent of Clink but for books like this, where the back cover is knocking the grade down 2-3 points, it is  specious, not to mention bad business, to not show the bc in the auction listing. 

I expect Josh and Doug know this and they need to tweak their policy re: bc scans. They are pretty responsive in requests for bc scans, but need to provide them upfront or note the issue in the text when they are this impactful to the grade and value of book. Otherwise they risk losing customers.

That book probably got bid up way beyond a 5.5 because the cover looks 8.5 or better.

That all said, I like this book!

On 12/9/2020 at 9:09 AM, october said:

My old copy. I had trouble moving it at $3000 about 10 years ago. My how times have changed.

It’s surreal to see my old copy with same certification number. I bought it at Chicago Wizard World or C2E2 in 2011 or 2012 then I sold it via Comiclink on February 23 2016 for $8007.

RAD1FE582015123_155714.jpg

Unbelievably it was sold more than doubled.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:59 AM, JollyComics said:

It’s surreal to see my old copy with same certification number. I bought it at Chicago Wizard World or C2E2 in 2011 or 2012 then I sold it via Comiclink on February 23 2016 for $8007.

RAD1FE582015123_155714.jpg

Unbelievably it was sold more than doubled.

Pretty sure you got that from me.