• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,488 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, mytastebud said:

Not sure if anyone else was part of the Heritage Auction last night but my son and I enjoyed it. Lots of 9.8 Superman comics from the late 60's to the early 70's. The Palos Verdes Collection is not a Pedigree set of books? I was lucky to pick up a copy of the #254. Will the fact that it is part of the Palos Verde Collection be a future selling point even though CGC has no notation on the case?  (shrug)

Superman 254.jpg

My guess is that as it is not a recognized Pedigree (noted on the label), being from the Palos Verde collection won't make it significantly more desirable if you decide to sell in future. But still a great pickup! (thumbsu

Edited by Black_Adam

On 5/17/2022 at 5:05 PM, Black_Adam said:

My guess is that as it is not a recognized Pedigree (noted on the label), being from the Palos Verde collection won't make it significantly more desirable if you decide to sell in future. But still a great pickup! (thumbsu

Indeed. The Palos Verde collection is akin to the Golden State collection, among others. Regardless, as B_A noted, its a beautiful comic book.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:08 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Totally missed the two books I was going after. 😩😩😩

Set my alarm for the wrong time  :facepalm:

Sorry to hear that ... if it helps, I've been there too.  I maintain a "regret list" of books I missed out on and I celebrate when I finally cross those off my list.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:18 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Sorry to hear that ... if it helps, I've been there too.  I maintain a "regret list" of books I missed out on and I celebrate when I finally cross those off my list.

I likely won’t see one of them in grade again.
Sigh…it’s okay. Just a book.

I'm used to CLink taking a while to ship, but it seems like an unusually long time this go round. I paid for my wins about three weeks ago, and they're still sitting there. Seems like it's usually closer to a two weeks for me.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, F For Fake said:

I'm used to CLink taking a while to ship, but it seems like an unusually long time this go round. I paid for my wins about three weeks ago, and they're still sitting there. Seems like it's usually closer to a two weeks for me.

I usually get my books a month after the auctions end, so we're about a week past what I would normally expect at the moment, with no word as yet that the books have shipped.

If anybody knows who won this GI JOE 21 CGC 9.8SS let them know to dispute the sale, they probably were not aware that the book is a 3rd print and assumed it was a 1st print:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1564182

Way over paid as a result!

And I'll bet the seller knew actually what they had...

On 6/1/2022 at 9:43 PM, Lobo1969 said:

If anybody knows who won this GI JOE 21 CGC 9.8SS let them know to dispute the sale, they probably were not aware that the book is a 3rd print and assumed it was a 1st print:

:tonofbricks:

OMG... This is not the first time that CGC has done that either. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:03 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

:tonofbricks:

This is not the first time this has happened.  I wrote about this in 2019 in a GI Joe group warning people to stay away from this copy. 

Buyer paid $1500 for this dual signature of Hama and Leialoha

CGC keeps forgetting to notate the printings of this issue whenever it is signed. 400180947_ScreenShot2022-06-01at10_13_26PM.thumb.png.7abd2071ced136e76b914daab156957b.png

RADB96D0201952_161642.thumb.jpg.85752661a2bfa435f328d2d7f6dd4199.jpg

On 6/1/2022 at 11:44 PM, F For Fake said:

I've got a stack of auction wins unsent by them, but I have one exchange purchase I assume they are waiting to receive, and then ship them all as a single delivery.

It has already being taken care of by clink. 

I know the seller. It was not intentional. He didn’t know the book was mislabeled. He bought the book years ago off eBay.
He’s mad now, because he didn’t know at the time he bought it.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:58 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

I know the seller. It was not intentional. He didn’t know the book was mislabeled. He bought the book years ago off eBay.

@THE_BEYONDER like I said in the other thread, I saw examples of it pop up years ago.  Didn’t know if it was the same book but… yeah.

At DJPP - I don’t think your friend was up to anything.  CGC has made a few errors over the years when they slabbed this book with a yellow label.  At the time they came up for auction or brought to market they were many people bidding on them that were unaware. 

On 6/2/2022 at 4:58 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Well if true I feel for the seller, but I'm sure they can still turn a decent profit as a 3rd print sale the way prices are heading these days. How did CLink handle it if I may ask?

Edited by Lobo1969

On 6/2/2022 at 1:31 PM, Lobo1969 said:

Well if true I feel for the seller, but I'm sure he can still turn a decent profit as 3rd print sale the way prices are heading these days. How did CLink handle it if I may ask?

I’m not sure. I believe they canceled  the auction result, and are sending it back to get reholdered with the correct label before relisting 

Edited by djpinkpanther67