• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2022 at 3:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

I just scroll through everything to see if anything interests me and place tracking bids.   There have been many books I have purchased that I never knew either existed or were readily available unless I did this. 

I do this too. I have over 50 pages of books I have bid on and I can keep an eye on what prices books have went for in past auctions. 

On 7/1/2022 at 9:24 AM, Wolverinex said:

Interesting.  So do you do this weekly or do you start every auction cycle?

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer anyway! For me, I generally will go into CLink the morning after the auction cycle begins (since they usually kick off around 8pm, and I'm not on the computer at that time of night) and scroll through all of the listings, throwing a buck or maybe $5 on everything I'm interested in. That way, whether I'm the "winning bidder", or outbid, the book will still show up on under my Auction Bids in my profile, so I can track everything of interest.

On 7/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, F For Fake said:

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer anyway! For me, I generally will go into CLink the morning after the auction cycle begins (since they usually kick off around 8pm, and I'm not on the computer at that time of night) and scroll through all of the listings, throwing a buck or maybe $5 on everything I'm interested in. That way, whether I'm the "winning bidder", or outbid, the book will still show up on under my Auction Bids in my profile, so I can track everything of interest.

I always throw track bids on every book I’m going for as soon as the auction starts. I’m generally the first (and last) bidder.

You didn’t ask me but I thought I would share it anyways :peace:

On 7/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, F For Fake said:

On 7/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

I always throw track bids on every book I’m going for as soon as the auction starts. I’m generally the first (and last) bidder.

You didn’t ask me but I thought I would share it anyways :peace:

So you guys are the reason that by the time I look at some of the listings I am throwing down $50-$100 "tracking bids" lol 

On 7/1/2022 at 3:04 PM, Buzzetta said:

So you guys are the reason that by the time I look at some of the listings I am throwing down $50-$100 "tracking bids" lol 

Hey, you have  to move quickly if you want to be a tightwad!

Edited by F For Fake

On 7/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, F For Fake said:

You've answered it for me, this is exactly what I do, but I am in the UK and at work when the auctions start so I do it then, obviously I make sure my works done first though.:whistle:

Edited by batmiesta

On 7/1/2022 at 3:04 PM, Buzzetta said:

I’m the reason you are left wanting :foryou:

On 7/2/2022 at 9:14 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Bronze Age? According to Cgc those are moderns baby!

That is just cgc's tier distinction, which is different from defining an era of comics. The definitions of eras as subjective, but the 70s are almost always classified in the bronze age. 

On 7/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, Buzzetta said:

Threw in a bid and found out the next morning I was taking this home as well. 

IMG_1136.jpeg

These books are awesome.  I just did a jigsaw puzzle of #29 (Frazetta cover, probably my favorite in the run) and it made me think seriously about tracking down a copy of the book itself.