• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2022 at 11:56 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

If it was not a "9.9" upon submission, pressing it under the Titanic would not have made it so.

I shall leave my "9.9" comments at that point.

Correction: "If it was not a "9.9" "naturally" upon submission ..."

On 2/14/2022 at 12:01 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Correction: "If it was not a "9.9" "naturally" upon submission ..."

I understood where your at with it, I hardly pay for press either. It's all good. I'm not sure it's always worth it, I can stay in the camper of just not doing it. Most of the time lol

On 2/14/2022 at 1:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I understood where your at with it, I hardly pay for press either. It's all good. I'm not sure it's always worth it, I can stay in the camper of just not doing it. Most of the time lol

Thank you and, yes, I have, for example, looked and looked, and looked again, at a ton of my 9.8 comic books to determine if a press would, without doubt, turn them into a 9.9 and not once have I thought a press would help in that respect. Thus, they all sit in "9.8 holders."

On 2/15/2022 at 10:13 AM, nearmint said:

Very interesting.  Thanks for posting that.

A bold, and interesting guy.  It's nice to see how the big dog bidders rationalise things out.   Particularly for a non key... or it's a key, if it's a hole in your main title collection.   

Edited by Microchip

On 2/15/2022 at 10:23 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Trust me, there is someone on eBay using this 9.8 sale to justify asking something equally ridiculous (about half) for a 9.6.  I really hope nobody bites.

Oh thats guaranteed as much as the sun coming up tomorrow!    Bay sellers with this book, will be delirious today.

As someone pointed out, you can still get raw copies of this book for about $30 :tonofbricks:

On 2/15/2022 at 11:02 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:
On 2/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, Microchip said:

A bold, and interesting guy.  It's nice to see how the big dog bidders rationalise things out.   Particularly for a non key... or it's a key, if it's a hole in your main title collection.   

He’s a dork :hi:

He still owes you money for the last deal?  My advice, never turn your back on him. 

;)

On 2/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, Microchip said:

Oh thats guaranteed as much as the sun coming up tomorrow!    Bay sellers with this book, will be delirious today.

As someone pointed out, you can still get raw copies of this book for about $30 :tonofbricks:

Meaning paying $22K for it is as justifiable as paying $5K. 

On 2/14/2022 at 6:16 PM, Microchip said:

I haven't purchase off HA in a long time. Are you able to look up the bidding history and determine how many unique bidders there were at that price point where the completist tapped out?

Date/time stamps of bids would also be helpful in determining say if it was only two people just going back and forth in a violent exchange with neither relenting right at the buzzer. Another possibility is, someone just placed a giant obscene hammer bid and wasn't even around for the end.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:52 AM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

I haven't purchase off HA in a long time. Are you able to look up the bidding history and determine how many unique bidders there were at that price point where the completist tapped out?

Date/time stamps of bids would also be helpful in determining say if it was only two people just going back and forth in a violent exchange with neither relenting right at the buzzer. Another possibility is, someone just placed a giant obscene hammer bid and wasn't even around for the end.

I watched it. I couldn’t tell for sure if it was an actual bidding war or someone trying to find the max bid. The bids just kept going higher until it hit 19k

Hard to believe we are already only 2 days away from the CL Feb auctions kicking off. I have to make sure I am stocked up on Glenmorangie for that critical competitive edge as bidding has been fierce and this month appears that it will be financially painful one. Some really good books up for grabs. 

On 2/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, 70s80sTimeMachine said:

Hard to believe we are already only 2 days away from the CL Feb auctions kicking off. I have to make sure I am stocked up on Glenmorangie for that critical competitive edge as bidding has been fierce and this month appears that it will be financially painful one. Some really good books up for grabs. 

Oh, I heard it was cancelled.