• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2022 at 2:18 PM, lizards2 said:

and keepin' things real:

02553891550000113840285009.jpg

Ooh, cool book! I gave that one some thought myself. Glad it went to a cool boardie of good taste!

On 7/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, F For Fake said:
On 7/14/2022 at 11:18 AM, lizards2 said:

and keepin' things real:

02553891550000113840285009.jpg

Ooh, cool book! I gave that one some thought myself. Glad it went to a cool boardie of good taste!

Thanks - I started building off my childhood collection. Bought a big collection from Zaid, and then have been building off it.

I have such fond memories from childhood about these, especially the vacation big books - they would teach you all about the places and their cultures where Dennis' would travel.

Kind of like the Barks Duck books - where he would wrap a bunch of National Geographic type stuff into his adventure stories.

On 7/26/2022 at 12:48 PM, lizards2 said:

Thanks - I started building off my childhood collection. Bought a big collection from Zaid, and then have been building off it.

I have such fond memories from childhood about these, especially the vacation big books - they would teach you all about the places and their cultures where Dennis' would travel.

Kind of like the Barks Duck books - where he would wrap a bunch of National Geographic type stuff into his adventure stories.

I'd really like to check them all out at some point. I actually first heard about them via Jaime Hernandez, who has spoken about them as an influence, which I wouldn't have guessed. Really cool stuff!

On 7/26/2022 at 9:53 AM, F For Fake said:

I'd really like to check them all out at some point. I actually first heard about them via Jaime Hernandez, who has spoken about them as an influence, which I wouldn't have guessed. Really cool stuff!

I would definitely start with some readers, like Dennis goes to Hollywood, Mexico, etc.

I currently do have some duplicates I could send you - pm me your address and I will try to track them down.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, lizards2 said:

I would definitely start with some readers, like Dennis goes to Hollywood, Mexico, etc.

I currently do have some duplicates I could send you - pm me your address and I will try to track them down.

You're a scholar and a gentleman!

On 7/26/2022 at 8:03 PM, lizards2 said:

Wow. Some high prices on stuff you wouldn't really think. Got my @zz kicked on three other Hawkmans. Feel
lucky to have gotten this one.

Keeping my powder dry for a couple of must wins later in the week. :wishluck: 

RAD0C64D2022627_224646.jpg

Great pickup! Glad to hear Hawkman is finally getting his due. Guess it's because he appears in the new Black Adam movie?

On 7/27/2022 at 8:08 AM, Black_Adam said:

Great pickup! Glad to hear Hawkman is finally getting his due. Guess it's because he appears in the new Black Adam movie?

Oh Jeebus. Not another movie induced thingie. I am so sick of the movie-chasers ruining my collecting experience. Bah.

Aw Jeez, not this shit again! - Album on Imgur

On 7/28/2022 at 9:12 PM, deadleg said:

:x :x :x :x :x

00068252390000114039873013.jpg

One of the top 10 romance covers of all time. Congrats! You will have completed the DC Bronze Age Triple Crown of Romance by adding Super DC Giant 17 and DC 100 Page Spectacular 5 to this classic.