• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, Nazirite said:

I’m enjoying Comiclink over HA by a mile. 

I really hope we get the Invaders in the MCU once Namor arrives. 

Im really excited to have this Flash grail back in my collection, I had a CGC 7.0 that I had to sell some time ago for a family emergency, this 2.5 will suffice.  Plus with everything going on with Ezra, that Flash mantle is up for grabs baby.  Folks are already loving the JSA in that new Black Adam trailer, if they get a spin off , Jay could be the solo Flash . Wouldn’t that be interesting? 

CCADC9AF-0E9A-4953-98DD-CE29B8F8E001.thumb.jpeg.7a412d654f8b9b34c63dc93351154d6a.jpegED8A2596-48AE-40DB-BFCF-9880F94BBA0F.thumb.jpeg.4579166819aa0e7094bdda0c568884ab.jpeg

I thought that was a good looking 2.5, and had a few bids on it. None of them ultimately meant anything as I was about $100 below the eventual winner. Congrats!

On 6/23/2022 at 12:07 AM, Microchip said:

Perfect registration, it's going to be a very welcomed addition the collection. 

Nick Fury 1 CGC 9.8.jpeg

Far and away the best copy I’ve ever seen. I’d venture to guess > 99% of #1s are o/c, most badly. This book should command a 300-400% premium.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Does clink usually take longer to ship than comicconnect? Our CC auctions ended after Clink and they just arrived today, and Clink doesn’t show them as shipped (paid with check on both).

My last  CLink order took about three weeks, and I paid by card. Seemed a little slower than usual, but nothing crazy.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:05 PM, whomerjay said:

Far and away the best copy I’ve ever seen. I’d venture to guess > 99% of #1s are o/c, most badly. This book should command a 300-400% premium.

Price wise I got it for current FMV, the prices are definitely calming gown now, which is why I had a shot at this copy.   On the right day, it would command a very solid margin above the typical copy out there.   

Edited by Microchip

On 6/29/2022 at 8:46 AM, F For Fake said:

Even though it's cheap drek, I still feel like I stole a couple of books last night.

I never thought I'd find a silver/platinum Grendel/Batman ashcan, much less land one in decent shape for $140. Sales for this book have been all over the place over the years, from a few bucks, into the thousands. Allegedly only 25 copies printed, though as we all know, there's no way to prove that, and it seems extremely unlikely, so it is taken with a large grain of salt. Regardless, it's uncommon for sure, and I'm tickled to be getting this one.

The Batman 497 was also a steal, as it is a third print that CGC didn't label as such, and CLink didn't catch it either. 

00069042398000083923232013.jpg

I didn't know there were later printings of this book with the overlay.  I guess you learn something new every day...  Very cool! (thumbsu

On 6/30/2022 at 1:26 PM, Gonzimodo said:

I didn't know there were later printings of this book with the overlay.  I guess you learn something new every day...  Very cool! (thumbsu

Indeed! I started picking these out of dollar bins many years ago, because I liked the slight differences. The easy way to tell them apart is the logo; the 1st print has red lettering on a white bat, the 2nd has red lettering on a yellow bat, and the third has yellow lettering on a red bat. All three were made with the overlay, and also without. I know the second and third prints were available without the overlays as part of multi-packs, but I'm not sure if that was the exclusive origins of those books.. 

They are also all available with newsstand/upc logos, which also do not have the half sheet.

So, yeah, it's a lot to keep track of. Fun stuff!

On 6/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, F For Fake said:

Indeed! I started picking these out of dollar bins many years ago, because I liked the slight differences. The easy way to tell them apart is the logo; the 1st print has red lettering on a white bat, the 2nd has red lettering on a yellow bat, and the third has yellow lettering on a red bat. All three were made with the overlay, and also without. I know the second and third prints were available without the overlays as part of multi-packs, but I'm not sure if that was the exclusive origins of those books.. 

They are also all available with newsstand/upc logos, which also do not have the half sheet.

So, yeah, it's a lot to keep track of. Fun stuff!

So jealous of your wins, congrats!

Heres mine

20220210_185045.jpg

On 6/30/2022 at 3:23 PM, The Meta said:

So jealous of your wins, congrats!

Heres mine

20220210_185045.jpg

Thanks bud! Love yours too, I really never get tired of that cover. 

On 6/30/2022 at 10:45 PM, Wolverinex said:

I always have trouble navigating comic link's website looking at auctions, esp ones ending soon.. Is there an easier way to do it other than typing in the title in search?

I just scroll through everything to see if anything interests me and place tracking bids.   There have been many books I have purchased that I never knew either existed or were readily available unless I did this. 

On 6/30/2022 at 10:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

I just scroll through everything to see if anything interests me and place tracking bids.   There have been many books I have purchased that I never knew either existed or were readily available unless I did this. 

So you just make a bid and you can  located it fast in your profile?

On 6/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

I won one auction on ComicConnect 2 years ago (Hulk 377 cgc 9.6 for $30). After shipping it was almost a $60 book, and it kind of turned me off on the whole process, so then I mostly just did DIG auctions (which I got a lot of great, inexpensive stuff from there over the past two years). Is shipping at the other "big" auctions (Comic Link, etc.) reasonable, or is it as bad as ComicConnect?

On 6/30/2022 at 10:51 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I won one auction on ComicConnect 2 years ago (Hulk 377 cgc 9.6 for $30). After shipping it was almost a $60 book, and it kind of turned me off on the whole process, so then I mostly just did DIG auctions (which I got a lot of great, inexpensive stuff from there over the past two years). Is shipping at the other "big" auctions (Comic Link, etc.) reasonable, or is it as bad as ComicConnect?

It depends on the quantity and value of the books. 

On 6/30/2022 at 10:50 PM, Wolverinex said:

So you just make a bid and you can  located it fast in your profile?

Yes. 

I keep track of them that way. 

But I usually have them on in the background on my computer as I am doing work. 

On 7/1/2022 at 3:51 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Comic Link will hold your books until you ask them to ship, that way you can combine your auction wins, they are very good that way.