• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2022 at 10:48 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Umm...no.

It's legitimate because:

It was used by Marvel in both an early trailer and in their social media promotion for the film.

See here, 1:08-1:15:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=514422383021134

Teasers and trailers are just a mishmash of images, audio, and hints of a plot, sometimes deceptively when it comes to the MCU. The Eternals trailer ends with the heroes posing on the beach, does that mean the movie ends that way? Is the trailer clip for No Way Home where we see Tom Holland's Spider-Man fighting alone against Sandman, Lizard, and Electro a legitimate clip? Is the Avengers Infinity War shot where we see Hulk fighting in Wakanda a legitimate clip? 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Buzzetta said:

I love how you bend over backwards to fit your own narrative.  It's almost charming. 

I'm not sure of your point in this current debate. Are you telling me that MCU teasers and trailers accurately represent the movie and that this is just a narrative I'm making up?

On 1/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Buzzetta said:

I love how you bend over backwards to fit your own narrative.  It's almost charming. 

And btw, if bending over backwards to fit my narrative also involves trying to get to the truth and a better understanding of movies, particularly comic book movies, then I am guilty as charged.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, Toz said:

Good thing Pip showed up.Otherwise this movie would have been completely useless.

For you, maybe, though I'm not sure what use you would get out of Pip showing up unless you own a high grade copy of Strange Tales #179. Otherwise, a lot of fans enjoyed this movie, almost 80% of users on Rotten Tomatoes if we're to believe RT, and the film sets up things like Celestials, the Black Knight and the Ebony Blade, oh yeah Eternals, possibly Lemuria, and that Starfox guy. Not that useless. 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

And btw, if bending over backwards to fit my narrative also involves trying to get to the truth and a better understanding of movies, particularly comic book movies, then I am guilty as charged.

'the truth' for you has been applying racist and misogynist accusations against forum members just because they didn't agree with your excitement over Captain Marvel.

So early on you attempted the same accusations here that people disliked Eternals because of 'diversity'. Which was code for racists and misogynists. You only knocked that off because moderators called you on it. Then the excuse was it was happening outside of the CGC forum. Which what logic goes into that debating it here probably leads to a straightjacket.

Edited by Bosco685

On 1/23/2022 at 9:55 AM, Gatsby77 said:

The line was:

a) used by Marvel itself in multiple marketing materials; and

b) Remains an accurate paraphrase of the line that made the final cut - about why they didn't interfere with Thanos.

So...folks who reference it aren't trolling.

But folks that deny it are.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:38 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

The quote used in this meme is nowhere to be found in the movie. This meme is "useless" other than for troll fodder.

Ok. The actual quote: "We were instructed not to interfere in any human conflicts unless Deviants were involved,"  the words were not 100% accurate, but the joke still stands as with most "jokes" they are not usually based 100% on accuracy.  Something obviously lost on you. 

Also the only thing useless here is trying to waste my energy explaining it to you, as it appears you have made up your mind. You are entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with you. We are entitled to ours as well. 

On 1/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

I've posted articles, quotes, and video clips pointing out the deeper subtexts within Batman Begins, Ang Lee's Hulk, and of course, Eternals. Your only response to my posts has been "I've read lots of screenplay books!" or "No, it's not!" or mockery. I missed the part where you make points with facts and analysis. 

No, youve posted quotes that came out of your own head like chrsitopher nolan entered  pitch meeting with "this movie is going to be about fear" and zhao reading an eternals panel and using that to make casting decisions, and saying jellyfish was a metaphor when jellyfish were a direct part of the plot and saying a theme is one word like 'fear' when none of the screenplay books you supposedly read said anything like that.  the links you posted were just links you got when you googled eternals is super awesome or something-hell I could do that with flat earth theory.   I know youve missed my points thats rather obvious just like you missed what a movie theme is from the books you supposedly read.  As far as mockery, you were the one who started saying I had no brain and dont understand.  you cant play heavens to betsy now I'm afraid.

Edited by kav

On 1/23/2022 at 7:43 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Kav has shown his knowledge to me and it's based on a gross misunderstanding of what his god Syd Field told him and the assumption that he thinks he knows everything because he's read screenplay books. As for yours I can only assume it's just being a joiner of the larger TrollMind.

I've read far more than syd field's books-there you go with your lack of retention again.