• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Teasers and trailers are just a mishmash of images, audio, and hints of a plot, sometimes deceptively when it comes to the MCU. The Eternals trailer ends with the heroes posing on the beach, does that mean the movie ends that way? Is the trailer clip for No Way Home where we see Tom Holland's Spider-Man fighting alone against Sandman, Lizard, and Electro a legitimate clip? Is the Avengers Infinity War shot where we see Hulk fighting in Wakanda a legitimate clip? 

Hulk fighting in Wakanda WAS legitimate footage at the time. They then changed track. This lead to inaccurate toys being produced referencing the scene that never happened, where he burst out of the Hulbuster armour as the Hulk. 

On 1/23/2022 at 12:12 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Hulk fighting in Wakanda WAS legitimate footage at the time. They then changed track. This lead to inaccurate toys being produced referencing the scene that never happened, where he burst out of the Hulbuster armour as the Hulk. 

Pretty obvious he doesnt understand anything about how films are made-he just has ideas in his head and he stubbornly clings to them.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:46 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

For you, maybe, though I'm not sure what use you would get out of Pip showing up unless you own a high grade copy of Strange Tales #179. Otherwise, a lot of fans enjoyed this movie, almost 80% of users on Rotten Tomatoes if we're to believe RT, and the film sets up things like Celestials, the Black Knight and the Ebony Blade, oh yeah Eternals, possibly Lemuria, and that Starfox guy. Not that useless. 

I happen to like Pip.I have been a Starlin fan since I have been reading the original run from back in the 1970's.Have all the original Him/Warlock books along with Captain Marvel.Also read the Eternals when Kirby did it.Only my opinion,which I am entitled to just as are you yours.

I still say it's a sub-par movie.Rotten Tomatoes are more fun for throwing anyway.

What are people even arguing about here?  

Whether this was a good movie or not? (that is what is known as a matter of opinion). 

Or whether it was a financial success or not? (it earned quite a bit of money, and yet underperformed hopes/expectations based on budget)

There.  Everyone can go home now.  

On 1/23/2022 at 1:46 PM, Axelrod said:

What are people even arguing about here?  

Whether this was a good movie or not? (that is what is known as a matter of opinion). 

Or whether it was a financial success or not? (it earned quite a bit of money, and yet underperformed hopes/expectations based on budget)

There.  Everyone can go home now.  

is manos hands of fate a bad movie or is it 'a matter of opinion'?  sometimes a movie is just objectively bad.  we're arguing about claims like batman begins theme is 'fear'.  This is objectively incorrect-a theme is not a one word description-backed up by the entire theory of screenplay writing explained in every book on screenplay writing.  The theme of eternals is not 'humanity' as was claimed-what does that even mean?
Stuff like that.
It has earned money I guess but is still underwater.  Like if you bought a book for $100 and could only sell it for $80, you 'earned $80 I guess, but you actually lost $20.

On 1/23/2022 at 2:45 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Arishem's nuts are a metaphor for the fruit from the garden of Adam and Eve. Does mankind pluck them or not? 

"Celestial's nuts are as varied as human's"