• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 9:46 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I find it funny that the Celestials created these beings and didn't make them fully-functional. Like, one of them literally cannot hear, and you want her/it to defend a planet until one of your kin is born...?

Or Makkari's deafness has to do with the fact she can travel at supersonic speeds and can break the sound barrier and create sonic booms and all that other sonic science stuff. From a practicality viewpoint, it makes sense when seen in that light. Plus, she can feel the tiniest vibrations and can apparently read lips so that makes up for it.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:27 AM, Artboy99 said:

just more diversity, and it made no sense at all.

The diversity in Eternals absolutely makes sense, because at the dawn of human civilization and through its development, the world's burdgeoning major civilizations are comprised of different human races in Mesopatamia, the Indus Valley, Africa, China, Northern Europe, and South America. It makes complete sense to the story that these Eternals would resemble the people they are protecting and living among.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:47 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

What are you talking about? I say "fear" is the theme in Batman Begins because the word is stated and explored by every character and uttered about every ten minutes in the movie. Christopher Nolan basically hits us over the head with the darn word. Christopher Nolan has stated that BB is an exploration of fear.

The only time Stark really expresses fear in Iron Man is when he is running from the terrorist ambush of the Marine convoy. Steve Rogers never shows fear in First Avenger, and that's what makes him special. Thor is too egotistical to have any fear of the Frost Giants and that's his problem.

Absolutely stupid.

Total distraction away from Eternals

On 1/25/2022 at 8:46 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I find it funny that the Celestials created these beings and didn't make them fully-functional. Like, one of them literally cannot hear, and you want her/it to defend a planet until one of your kin is born...?

FB_IMG_1643096987278.jpg.ce9e8e212ecefade775c40b93952245d.jpg

Reference other people's take on what Christopher Nolan used as the Batman Begins theme(s) 

"The first third of the film is Bruce Wayne leaving Gotham and finding himself like the Count of Monte Cristo...and then reflecting on the tragic story of Batman it is a question of finding oneself!"

Fear is not a core theme mentioned directly by Christopher Nolan.

What is Eternals' theme? Hypocrisy?

"We were instructed to never interfere."

"Lol I'm gonna mind control them."

"Don't interfere! Wait, we're only here until the planet explodes? Interfere!"

"Why didn't we interfere for 7,000 years only to interfere multiple times and then do a big interfere?"

"This is all illogical, I must kill myself by flying into the sun."

On 1/25/2022 at 11:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What is Eternals' theme? Hypocrisy?

"We were instructed to never interfere."

"Lol I'm gonna mind control them."

"Don't interfere! Wait, we're only here until the planet explodes? Interfere!"

"Why didn't we interfere for 7,000 years only to interfere multiple times and then do a big interfere?"

"This is all illogical, I must kill myself by flying into the sun."

The theme is being a dumb:censored:

On 1/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, D84 said:

Hear me out... Celestials created Sersi. Sersi turned Tiamut into marble. Why don't the Celestials simply create a new Eternal the same as Sersi and have it turn Tiamut back into a biological being...?

How many plot holes does this movie have!?

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 1/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, D84 said:

On 1/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Hear me out... Celestials created Sersi. Sersi turned Tiamut into marble. Why don't the Celestials simply create a new Eternal the same as Sersi and have it turn Tiamut back into a biological being...?

How many plot holes does this movie have!?

Trying to distract from the Eternals discussion with yet another "Let's bash DC properties even when they are considered incredible' is a strategy. And not a good one.

But to quote -script analysis articles that imply it was all about FEAR and not about 'finding oneself to fight crime' is purposely dumbing down a film's messaging and intent.

On 1/25/2022 at 1:54 PM, kav said:

Man them primitive humans sure are clean and looks like they shampoo with L'oreal too!  lol 

Screenshot 2022-01-25 11.53.42 AM.png

(shrug)

20220125_140204.jpg.5317b67695a1cb62cf2f565826bdb05a.jpg

We just think it is newer due to how many people lack personal hygiene.. 

On 1/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, Larryw7 said:

The core fact of the matter is that The Eternals is almost universally disliked. Silver just doesn't want to admit that.

Yep.  He keeps saying the same things even tho he's been disproven several times.  This is really clingin' to a sinkin' raft, man.  Look I admitted I was wrong about Dune.  It doesnt kill ya to admit when you're wrong.  It actually gives you more credibility is what it does.