• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 3:16 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

giphy-30.gif.82ba5e8b0456a45a4e880a8225cd3e98.gif

Me checking my dinner every 5 minutes because I'm hungry and impatient and it just won't heat up fast enough. 

On 1/26/2022 at 9:40 AM, D84 said:

superman-drinking.gif.5863faaa1d3b73511f8f6a2ef457eca2.gif.793aa6224ed434c54074ab3fc151b17a.gif

I'll drink till The Eternals is enjoyable. 

FACT: Warner Bros has made ONE enjoyable Superman movie, and ONE decent Superman movie. That'd be 1978 Superman and Superman II, respectively. The other four and a half movies are garbage. Just ask Anthony Mackie.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

FACT: Warner Bros has made ONE enjoyable Superman movie, and ONE decent Superman movie. That'd be 1978 Superman and Superman II, respectively. The other four and a half movies are garbage. Just ask Anthony Mackie.

you are too predictable

feartheme.gif.e698a3256248363ae67128ae79314f23.gif

On 1/25/2022 at 7:13 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

"Show, don't tell" is dangerous, because according to some fanatics Zack Snyder is a "bad director" because he uses the visual aspect of the medium to inform the audience.

Sure, Zack Snyder's uses "show, don't tell" as in show half the g****mn movie in slow motion so that it comes out to five hours. That's Snyder's idea of depth and subtext btw, to show something in slow motion so that it automatically makes it feel like he has something to say when he actually has nothing to say at all other than "I'm the best director to bring Frank Miller and Alan Moore to the screen!"

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 1/26/2022 at 10:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

you are too predictable

feartheme.gif.e698a3256248363ae67128ae79314f23.gif

Dude is on some very potent Copium. To audiences, Man of Steel today is what Superman was in the 70's. A group of 300 people clinging to the past is the only difference in "critic" scores.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 1/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Hear me out... Celestials created Sersi. Sersi turned Tiamut into marble. Why don't the Celestials simply create a new Eternal the same as Sersi and have it turn Tiamut back into a biological being...?

How many plot holes does this movie have!?

Sersi's stunt can't be automatically and easily repeated because... ONE, it required a Uni-Mind device to join the power of the Eternals into one, which was a unique device built by the unique Eternal Phastos...and TWO, the rest of the power Sersi joined with the through the Uni-Mind came from Tiamut itself. During a Celestial emergence, the baby Celestial is briefly connected with its planet's Eternals. The emergence is now over, so that awesome power source for Sersi to tap into through the Uni-Mind device is gone.

If you have any more plot hole questions about Eternals I can probably help fill them for you.

On 1/25/2022 at 6:08 PM, kav said:

ok I'm watching this dud.  holy smokes even worse than I thought.  mein gott.

Mein gott. You've been the loudest and most frequent troller of this movie in this thread and you hadn't even seen the movie until now, allegedly. Something tells me you made up your mind about this movie once you heard the cast wasn't going to be mostly straight white males but instead one that represented the human race throughout the world.

On 1/25/2022 at 10:15 PM, kav said:

split on it-48% is a bad score.  and thats with the diversity, which critics tend to love.  audiences tend to rate a movie postively if they can understand it and the movie hits em over the head with stuff.

A 48% RT critics score doesn't mean the movie got an 'F' grade like in high school. It means according to Rotten Tomatoes' rating system, about half of the critics liked the movie and half of the critics didn't like the movie. In other words, critics were split on the movie, according to the folks at RT who rate a review rotten or fresh.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:58 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

A 48% RT critics score doesn't mean the movie got an 'F' grade like in high school. It means according to Rotten Tomatoes' rating system, about half of the critics liked the movie and half of the critics didn't like the movie. In other words, critics were split on the movie, according to the folks at RT who rate a review rotten or fresh.

the 52 on Metacritic is a D+ (thumbsu

On 1/25/2022 at 12:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

Trying to distract from the Eternals discussion with yet another "Let's bash DC properties even when they are considered incredible' is a strategy. And not a good one.

But to quote --script analysis articles that imply it was all about FEAR and not about 'finding oneself to fight crime' is purposely dumbing down a film's messaging and intent.

Who has DC vs Marvel syndrome, here? I think you do, Bosco. How the heck have I been bashing Batman Begins? I've actually been indirectly commending the movie for being a complex layered movie that is more than just a super-hero's origin or adventure, but that also exists on a higher artistic level. Making a multi-layered film like that is not easy to do. My saying that Batman Begins is an exploration of fear is not dumbing down the movie or its intent. Christopher Nolan himself said Batman Begins is an exploration of fear. Yes, the hero of Batman Begins is on an origin story journey to find himself, but he finds himself through FEAR. Every character in the movie has some unique relationship to fear. It's quite a complex story that is a credit to Christopher Nolan. 

Am I surrounded by kids here or something?

I wish the Eternals had been interesting enough to finish it. So far, I've tried four times and failed four times. The first time, I gave it two minutes. It was so boring throughout that period, that I turned it off. The next time I gave it 10 minutes. Again, totally bored with everything. Hate the characters by that point. No personalities, don't think they're funny, the fights are formulaic, there is no suspense, and didn't like the fact that the humans looked to be "puny humans" in the sense that they were much less than the Eternals. At that point I was thinking, "why am I watching this? Because it's on TV?"

The third time I gave it a shot, I got to around the half hour point. I was going to give up on the movie but a friend told me he liked it so much that he saw it three times. I was curious what he saw in it that I didn't, so I put it back on. It didn't get any better. Those Deviant monster designs are CG 101. Complicated as far as detail is concerned but very poorly designed. The creatures in Star Wars and LOR are much more convincing. The entire time I was watching it, I was thinking the following: "This is the worst movie Angelina Jolie has ever been in", "this is the worst movie in the MCU", "I now intensely dislike Jolie as an actress because she is in this movie", "I don't like the kid", "The jokes about the kid aren't funny", "The Chinese guy is a dumb stereotype", I actually sort of liked the Indian Eternal because he had an engaging personality, "Why are there so many of these guys?", "They're too powerful", etc.

I'm glad everyone else seems to like it but I just don't see why. I'd rather watch The Incredible Hulk ten times in a row. Actually, I'd rather watch the Fantastic Four reboot by Fox, which I hated.