• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 11:31 AM, paqart said:

I'm glad everyone else seems to like it but I just don't see why. I'd rather watch The Incredible Hulk ten times in a row. Actually, I'd rather watch the Fantastic Four reboot by Fox, which I hated.

No, apparently you're among family here regarding the folks who apparently hate Eternals and who have been trolling the movie here on a daily basis.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:35 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

No, apparently you're among family here regarding the folks who apparently hate Eternals and who have been trolling the movie here on a daily basis.

I have to say, I never liked the series as a comic book either. I've never liked Jack Kirby's writing. It is too weird and impersonal. I did think Kamandi was interesting but only because it was so similar to Planet of the Apes. All of his other writing I really dislike. His art is fantastic but he needs Stan Lee to take the edge off. He's like Lennon without McCartney or Garfunkel without Simon.

You see Vin Diesel around here?  "He' ain't fam." 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, paqart said:

I have to say, I never liked the series as a comic book either. I've never liked Jack Kirby's writing. It is too weird and impersonal. I did think Kamandi was interesting but only because it was so similar to Planet of the Apes. All of his other writing I really dislike. His art is fantastic but he needs Stan Lee to take the edge off. He's like Lennon without McCartney or Garfunkel without Simon.

Agree, Jack Kirby's solo Marvel work was weird. But I still liked them including 2001 Space Odyssey, Machine Man, Black Panther, Devil Dinosaur, and Eternals. All definitely weird. I loved the Eternals movie, though I also thought it was weird. Perhaps such a strange movie was the proper treatment for Kirby's strange 70's Marvel work.

Even those words are trolling drama. 'Hate' is a very strong meaning when it comes to a film. Just because someone didn't care for a movie doesn't mean they hated anything. They didn't care for a movie's story and/or casting and/or performances, etc.

Please ensure when you check in with your Disney Marketing masters about messaging. Especially implying diversity as an excuse to attack people's character or displeasure with a film when diversity concerns were not even the primary indicators for not liking a movie.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:15 AM, D84 said:

You must have gone to a very lenient school. The place I went, any grade below 70 was an F.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Below 60% is an F around my parts.

75 here.  

And if you failed more than two subjects you were academically dismissed. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:47 AM, Buzzetta said:

75 here.  

And if you failed more than two subjects you were academically dismissed. 

Holy carp. I was an E/F student no matter the threshold, since I didn't care for most of the material being taught, and I truly hated homework.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:48 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Eternals being a bad movie has nothing to do with hatred.

It's a nutty mindset. And no wonder why 'haters' and 'trolls' comes up as the reason for disliking this movie.

The more someone can make it a character flaw with an individual noting this and less about the movie, the less we talk about the movie itself. That's the strategy being applied.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's a nutty mindset. And no wonder why 'haters' and 'trolls' comes up as the reason for disliking this movie.

The more someone can make it a character flaw with an individual noting this and less about the movie, the less we talk about the movie itself. That's the strategy being applied.

I miss the days when "troll" actually meant something. Now, it's a blanket excuse for the delusional, assigned to those who don't agree with one's unhealthy opinion.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:35 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

A) That's not what we are doing. 

B) @paqart is already part of a movement that hates comics as they are today so no, 'we' would certainly not want to be associated with him. Please don't do that again, Silvermane. 

C) We don't troll the movie. We wish it were better. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

Even those words are trolling drama. 'Hate' is a very strong meaning when it comes to a film. Just because someone didn't care for a movie doesn't mean they hated anything. They didn't care for a movie's story and/or casting and/or performances, etc.

Please ensure when you check in with your Disney Marketing masters about messaging. Especially implying diversity as an excuse to attack people's character or displeasure with a film when diversity concerns were not even the primary indicators for not liking a movie.

kav and drotto in particular have attacked Eternals in this thread as being woke aka attacking the film because of its diverse cast. kav admits he hadn’t even seen the movie until yesterday but has been among the loudest folks decrying the movie here.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:33 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

kav and drotto in particular have attacked Eternals in this thread as being woke aka attacking the film because of its diverse cast. kav admits he hadn’t even seen the movie until yesterday but has been among the loudest folks decrying the movie here.

'Hate' is not disliking a film. 'Hate' is something that was so offensive and so repugnant there are no redeeming qualities.

Like when you shout up from the basement, "Mom, not peanut butter sandwiches again. I HATE THEM!" :shy:

On 1/26/2022 at 12:28 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

A) That's not what we are doing. 

B) @paqart is already part of a movement that hates comics as they are today so no, 'we' would certainly not want to be associated with him. Please don't do that again, Silvermane. 

C) We don't troll the movie. We wish it were better. 

Thanks so much. You, your unfounded assumptions, biases, and prejudice are a wonder to behold. The next Eternals movie should star you in a lead role. I'm sure it would be more interesting than the movie they put out.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:53 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Mein gott. You've been the loudest and most frequent troller of this movie in this thread and you hadn't even seen the movie until now, allegedly. Something tells me you made up your mind about this movie once you heard the cast wasn't going to be mostly straight white males but instead one that represented the human race throughout the world.

There you go again with implying people are homophobic and racist because they dont like a film that has a very lame screenplay.  seems to be your main argument.
I havent see jack and jill either but I know that movie is awful.  See, you can read about movies and watch clips and get a solid idea.  Me actually watching it was just a confirmation of what I already knew-the film is a stinker.

Edited by kav

On 1/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, kav said:

There you go again with implying people are homophobic and racist because they dont like a film that has a very lame screenplay.  seems to be your main argument.
I havent see jack and jill either but I know that movie is awful.  See, you can read about movies and watch clips and get a solid idea.  Me actually watching it was just a confirmation of what I already knew-the film is a stinker.

Hel, most of us were making fun of the trailers and commercials before it came out because some of it looked like footage for cologne/perfume.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Hel, most of us were making fun of the trailers and commercials before it came out because some of it looked like footage for cologne/perfume.

you'd think an award winning film student metaphor expert would be able to garner information like this before actually seeing a film but I guess not.