• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, kimik said:

We went to a matinee with the kids to see Eternals last week. Everyone enjoyed it, and my son even said he would see it again. I thought it was much better than Shang-Chi and Black Widow.

I loved Shang-Chi, but yes, I loved Eternals more. I admit I was a slight bit disappointed with Black Widow.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

And naturally in Marvel movies early on New York City was it. Where all space invasions should land!

ILOVENY.gif.007095a534f380a5f893a05b1b38cc5b.gif

(:

In DC Movies they always seem to happen in Gotham or Metropolis...

On 11/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, piper said:

In DC Movies they always seem to happen in Gotham or Metropolis...

You mean Amnesty Bay, Blue Valley, Coast City, Evergreen City, etc.? It sounds like you were mainly reading Superman and Batman comics.

Did you read the others yet? :banana:

I just hope Eternals is still on 3D IMAX next week in my area. I can't wait to see it.... I :cloud9: long complicated movies with bangazz special effects :cloud9::cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

You mean Amnesty Bay, Blue Valley, Coast City, Evergreen City, etc.? It sounds like you were mainly reading Superman and Batman comics.

Did you read the others yet? :banana:

Yes, I've read John's GL and Flash runs.  Of course, my favourite DC characters (Zatanna and Phantom Stranger) aren't superheroes per se.  

On 11/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, jimjum12 said:

I just hope Eternals is still on 3D IMAX next week in my area. I can't wait to see it.... I :cloud9: long complicated movies with bangazz special effects :cloud9::cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Eternals is tops in 3D IMAX, although I actually saw it twice in 3D XD (Cinemark's large format screen). I tried to see it a third time in the format this past weekend but I couldn't find the time and now it's gone from the theater as of today. Oh well. I'll try to check it out the third time at my local real IMAX theater this week. 

On 11/16/2021 at 4:21 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie...bring on Eternals2

3.gif

4.gif

1.gif

I hope Marvel Studios really is looking mainly at overall fan reaction to the movie, as Victoria Alonso said, and does greenlight a sequel. Perhaps with the origins out of the way, the sequel would have less flashbacks, which is what I think caused so many critics to give the film a lower review. As is, I'm not sure Eternals' cliffhanger could be resolved in another movie. 

Just a thought....

Could the Black Knight introduction continue on into the Next Ant-Man / Avengers movie phases?

No spoilers here as its all in the comics.

Dane sees

Spoiler

the ebony blade in the easter eggs

Spoiler

- so he obviously gets it from the tomb of Sir Percy.

The info however comes from Nathan Garrett - SA Black Knight - who is killed by Iron Man in Avengers #48.

He was also one of the main bad-guys of Giant-Man and The Wasp.

The masters of evil were connected to FF and Dr Doom - of which NG was part of the MOE roster.

Is it possible that the Death of NG could be used to show us the new actor for Iron Man, and Dane, as the new BK joins the new Iron Man, Giant-Man, The Wasp as the 'New Avengers' - and as a gateway for the X-Men to join the MCU with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (Evan Peters PLEASE!!) making up the new Avengers team 

This ensures continuity for the Black Knight, the partial introduction of X-Men, the beginning of the 'new' Avengers roster - and an easy transition into the Fantastic Four.

With standalone Thor and Hulk movies planned - this would make sense - and the Eternals link in with Dane and Sersi.

The MCU needs a way to tie in the FF and X-men, plus continue Black Knight and Eternals - so this may be the way - use Nathan Garrett as the way to link them, especially if they use the masters of evil to bring in new 'baddies'.

So Masters of Evil features SA BK + Dr Doom (cameo maybe - Marvels ultimate alliance)  - new Iron (actor) Man kills BK - introduces new Iron Man, Dane sees this, NG tells Dane what to do - joins the Avengers - add 2 mutants SW and Q - there's the new Avengers team.

Dr Doom already has a cameo - sets scene for Fantastic Four to help Avengers battle the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Masters Of Evil team (of which there were many!) - but some already have been on screen or are about to: Bullseye, Dr Doom, Titania, Enchantress, The Lizard, Rhino, Tiger Shark etc etc.

This could be built up over 7 - 8 movies and be as epic as the Thanos films.  And it could be made a lot simpler than the way I've done it!  :roflmao:

On 11/16/2021 at 5:24 PM, Beige said:

Just a thought....

Could the Black Knight introduction continue on into the Next Ant-Man / Avengers movie phases?

No spoilers here as its all in the comics.

Dane sees

Hide contents

the ebony blade in the easter eggs

Hide contents

- so he obviously gets it from the tomb of Sir Percy.

The info however comes from Nathan Garrett - SA Black Knight - who is killed by Iron Man in Avengers #48.

He was also one of the main bad-guys of Giant-Man and The Wasp.

The masters of evil were connected to FF and Dr Doom - of which NG was part of the MOE roster.

Is it possible that the Death of NG could be used to show us the new actor for Iron Man, and Dane, as the new BK joins the new Iron Man, Giant-Man, The Wasp as the 'New Avengers' - and as a gateway for the X-Men to join the MCU with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (Evan Peters PLEASE!!) making up the new Avengers team 

This ensures continuity for the Black Knight, the partial introduction of X-Men, the beginning of the 'new' Avengers roster - and an easy transition into the Fantastic Four.

With standalone Thor and Hulk movies planned - this would make sense - and the Eternals link in with Dane and Sersi.

The MCU needs a way to tie in the FF and X-men, plus continue Black Knight and Eternals - so this may be the way - use Nathan Garrett as the way to link them, especially if they use the masters of evil to bring in new 'baddies'.

So Masters of Evil features SA BK + Dr Doom (cameo maybe - Marvels ultimate alliance)  - new Iron (actor) Man kills BK - introduces new Iron Man, Dane sees this, NG tells Dane what to do - joins the Avengers - add 2 mutants SW and Q - there's the new Avengers team.

Dr Doom already has a cameo - sets scene for Fantastic Four to help Avengers battle the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Masters Of Evil team (of which there were many!) - but some already have been on screen or are about to: Bullseye, Dr Doom, Titania, Enchantress, The Lizard, Rhino, Tiger Shark etc etc.

This could be built up over 7 - 8 movies and be as epic as the Thanos films.  And it could be made a lot simpler than the way I've done it!  :roflmao:

No.

First, the fully costumed Black Knight debuting in the action-comedy genre Ant-Man films would be the height of silliness. Do you really want to see that? If Black Knight debuts before a hopeful Eternals sequel (fingers crossed), the post-credit scene seems to imply that Dane Whitman's Black Knight might be in the new Blade movie.

Kang is reported to be the main villain in Ant-Man Wasp Quantumania.

More evidence seems to be pointing towards Dr Doom making his debut in Wakanda Forever.

Iron Man is done in the MCU, at least for a long time. The armored Avenger role will be filled by James Rhodes and Riri Williams' Ironheart.

If Black Knight joins the Avengers, then so will Sersi (think 90's Avengers roster).

Did we forget about Shang-Chi already? Bruce Banner and Carol Danvers already informally welcomed him to the club.

And as always, whatever the new iteration of the next Avengers is going to be, Captain Marvel will most likely be installed as the new leader. Depending on where Sam Wilson's Captain America ends up.