• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

Wednesdays have officially become the new Fridays over at Disney+.

Not long after Marvel's Loki became the streaming platform's most-watched premiere, Disney has decided to shift all of its original series release dates from Fridays to Wednesdays. The change is set to take effect in July, with the premieres for several shows being shifted to new dates. As such, Monsters at Work will move from July 2 to July 7, while the live-action comedy Turner & Hooch will pad on over from July 16 to July 21.

Sources close to the platform say that the shift will better serve the increased amount of original content coming to Disney+. Also, seeing as the new way of doing things applies to original content, that means you can expect other Marvel and Star Wars-related content to follow suit. The change also means that Disney will no longer have to challenge Netflix for Friday screen time. As you know, Netflix has a habit of dropping entire seasons of new content for binging purposes. By moving original content to Wednesdays, Disney can avoid splitting a viewer's time with the competition.

Another angle to consider is that by switching to Wednesdays, Disney no longer needs to compete with Friday theatrical releases when releasing new and original content. This wasn't necessarily a problem when a vast majority of theaters were shuttered during the pandemic, but now that cinemas are opening it, it's a consideration for sure. 

Here’s the updated list of premiere date changes:

- Monsters at Work from July 2 to July 7
- Turner & Hooch from July 16 to July 21
- Behind the Attraction from July 16 to July 21
- Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life from July 23 to July 28
- Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts from July 30 to July 28
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse batch 2 from July 30 to July 28
- Growing Up Animal from Aug. 20 to Aug. 18
- Short Circuit season two from July 30 to Aug. 4

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I haven't seen Episode 2, but Episode 1 of Loki follows the "rules" that the Russo Bros. conveyed.

I would think that a guy as genius as Kevin Feige would weigh in and put the writers in their place. :devil:

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. You're still wrong.

:baiting:

Just kidding. But it is goofy when a company takes a jab at another franchise and then its own attempt at such concepts becomes convoluted.

Or if non-Disney films did they, such results would be termed 'ridiculous' and a 'failure'. But Disney/Marvel Studios gets a pass because it had wonderful buildup and casting. Selective storytelling offense lives on.

Unless it is so botched it makes no sense at all I have never been critical of anyone not having firm rules when it comes to Time Travel.  If you have ever watched Star Trek then you know what I am talking about.   So, I explain it away as Marvel explains Galactus and other literary works depict what 'God' must appear to be in that the perception changes in so far as the character can grasp the concept of either.  The mechanics of Time Travel are grasped but still not fully understood and its understanding and impact are a work in progress from the point of view of the characters that you are presently watching.  

Otherwise you will go nuts.  Star Trek, the DC Universe, and marvel all have glaring inconsistencies in their canon regarding time travel.  This is why Rick and Morty keep all of that stuff on a box on the shelf. If you nitpick at it too much then you will go nuts trying to enjoy the show.  

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Unless it is so botched it makes no sense at all I have never been critical of anyone not having firm rules when it comes to Time Travel.  If you have ever watched Star Trek then you know what I am talking about.   So, I explain it away as Marvel explains Galactus and other literary works depict what 'God' must appear to be in that the perception changes in so far as the character can grasp the concept of either.  The mechanics of Time Travel are grasped but still not fully understood and its understanding and impact are a work in progress from the point of view of the characters that you are presently watching.  

Otherwise you will go nuts.  Star Trek, the DC Universe, and marvel all have glaring inconsistencies in their canon regarding time travel.  This is why Rick and Morty keep all of that stuff on a box on the shelf. If you nitpick at it too much then you will go nuts trying to enjoy the show.  

Agreed. Also...

Spoiler

It seems even the TVA isn't at all sure as to what is entirely possible, as Loki identifies a major hole in their timeline security that they didn't even realize existed. Also noticed that some of the times/places bombed on the Apocalyse monitor were Vormir, Asgard,Hala, Ego, Titan, and Xandar. Moebius had no idea where the bombs were going and the TVA technicians were saying "THAT"S IMPOSSIBLE". So Marvel may be going with the Chris Claremont rulebook in this series. just write good stories and don't worry about any timeline headaches. :) We''ll explain it all away later. 

Edited by fett

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

4 minutes ago, fett said:

Agreed. Also...

Reveal hidden contents

It seems even the TVA isn't at all sure as to what is entirely possible, as Loki identifies a major hole in their timeline security that they didn't even realize existed. Also noticed that some of the times/places bombed on the Apocalyse monitor were Vormir, Asgard,Hala, Ego, Titan, and Xandar. Moebius had no idea where the bombs were going and the TVA technicians were saying "THAT"S IMPOSSIBLE". So Marvel may be going with the Chris Claremont rulebook in this series. just write good stories and don't worry about any timeline headaches. :) We''ll explain it all away later. 

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't work that way when other studios have some disconnect. Marvel Studios gets a pass because so much of its track record has been much better structured.

But go back to a solid film like X-Men: Days of Future Past and the amount of "OH MY GOD HOW COULD THEY SCREW UP THE TIME TRAVEL LIKE THAT" was like someone had taken their baby. It is a fantastic film, yet people were ruining it for themselves and others as they dragged the film through the dirt.

Not to worry. It's somewhere on the magic phased roadmap blackboard. It's all in the plan!

MCU_Radmap.thumb.JPG.cc0973e4d88be2871a49b4d41c715540.JPG

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't work that way when other studios have some disconnect. Marvel Studios gets a pass because so much of its track record has been much better structured.

But go back to a solid film like X-Men: Days of Future Past and the amount of "OH MY GOD HOW COULD THEY SCREW UP THE TIME TRAVEL LIKE THAT" was like someone had taken their baby. It is a fantastic film, yet people were ruining it for themselves and others as they dragged the film through the dirt.

Not to worry. It's somewhere on the magic phased roadmap blackboard. It's all in the plan!

MCU_Radmap.thumb.JPG.cc0973e4d88be2871a49b4d41c715540.JPG

Rest assured, I enjoyed Days of Future Past for what it was... which was possibly the best entry in the more modern X-Men films.   At least, what I said below is my take... forum be damned lol 

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Rest assured, I enjoyed Days of Future Past for what it was... which was possibly the best entry in the more modern X-Men films.   At least, what I said below is my take... forum be damned lol 

for what it is would be a fantastic film. No matter how little Fox planned its X-Men Universe.

But unfortunately in this case Fox execs saw Matthew Vaughn's roadmap building up to the big event film and jumped right to the endpoint.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

for what it is would be a fantastic film. No matter how little Fox planned its X-Men Universe.

But unfortunately in this case Fox execs saw Matthew Vaughn's roadmap building up to the big event film and jumped right to the endpoint.

Oh make no mistake, I loved it.  I thought it was better than Logan actually but that might be because my expectations were so high due to Logan being so overhyped for me.  DOFP could have been the last film in the franchise and I would have thought it was the perfect ending to the whole series.   

I thought I recognized her.

Wunmi Mosaku has been turning heads in the U.K. for over a decade, and America is finally catching up thanks to her main mole on Loki, as well as Lovecraft Country and Batman v Superman. On Disney+’s third MCU-set series, Mosaku plays the Time Variance Authority’s Hunter B-15, who helps protect the “sacred timeline” from disruptors such as Loki Laufeyson (Tom Hiddleston). Since Mosaku has known Hiddelston since she was 18-years-old, she’s relishing the opportunity to be the only character in the TVA who isn’t falling for Loki’s charsima.

She also credits Zack Snyder and Holly Hunter for making her feel like she belonged on the set of Batman v Superman.

“I learned a lot by just being by [Hunter’s] side,” Mosaku shares. “I was so scared of taking up space and time, and she and Zack were like, ‘Let’s work on this scene. Let’s take the time to figure it out.’ And I didn’t know that you could do that. Up until then, I thought you just had to say your lines and bugger off as quickly as possible. I felt like I was small, but they made me feel like no one is small. They made me feel like I was necessary, and that all the characters were necessary. And the time to get the scene right is absolutely necessary because you are necessary. So I really remember feeling that and learning that on that set.”

The only time travel stories I like are Back to the Future trilogy and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure(worship) And Avengers Forever.

Seriously though,I don't think the TVA are what they are say they are.If Kang is involved all bets are off.