• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS has to rank in the bottom. It is so low budget that they did not have synced sound, but shot any scene with dialogue so you could not actually see the person talking: for example, from a far distance or from the back of the head. Even Tor Johnson was not able to save this one!

Full movie on Youtube but due to nudity in the opening scene I decided to show the trailer here. Sadly the trailer is  heck of a lot more interesting than the movie thanks to the bong drum action!

Edited by PovertyRow

On 11/18/2023 at 10:28 PM, PovertyRow said:

. Even Tor Johnson was not able to save this one!

Must be really terrible.

His virtuoso acting talent was a highlight of the classic Plan 9.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:01 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Must be really terrible.

His virtuoso acting talent was a highlight of the classic Plan 9.

Agreed! "I go get flashlight from patrol car." But he actually produced a wonderfully convincing comedic line with this "I'm a big boy now, Johnny!"

BTW - Plan 9 From Outer Space was originaly shot for 1.85:1 widescreen.The original aspect ratio really enhances the viewing experience.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:29 PM, alexgross.com said:

i heard marvels is pretty bad. too bad it doesnt have it's own thread here. xD

Actually I have not seen it yet but have watched several reactions/reviews by Youtubers who are not Marvel apologists and they all seem to come to the same conclusion. The story is weak but the acting and the characters are quite good, including *Brie "Don't call her gorgonzola. She'll flip the eff out!" Larson. Most of them were ultimately delighted with the comedic turns. Of course those "40 year old white dudes" who cannot release a grudge while venting their oh so hurt feelings have gotten old in the tooth and are losing their bite. I'm looking forward to seeing it in July on Disney. Just wish it could hit streaming sooner. The pieces I saw look fun.

*The gorgonzola ref:

Edited by PovertyRow

On 11/18/2023 at 9:31 PM, newshane said:

Pink Flamingo 

Actually, I don't really know For some reason. Pink Flamingo came to mind. 

The worst movies are often the most forgettable. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, newshane said:

The worst movies are often the most forgettable. 

This is the actual hallmark of a truly "bad" movie; if you can remember what you didn't like about something you watched a week later it did it's job regardless of commercial success. It is often the reason a bad movie will get a sequel even after failing in the secondary market, furthering how bad it is as the budgets shrink.

On 11/18/2023 at 11:05 PM, alexgross.com said:

armageddon was also quite terrible. 

I actually like this movie, but it is not Willis's best...

:insane:

image.png.f96388c173c2747583d573c458db1949.png