• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Yes, even the ones with awful dust shadows and terrible eye appeal—the high-grade ones, anyway.

??? I'm watching a 9.2 with a small dust shadow. It's relatively cheap, even at double-guide, where I'm willing to go. But 4X? Hopefully it doesn't go there. Thanks.

I am watching a few low grade Promise books.  Both are higher than I would expect but in general they have decent eye appeal, nicer than the numeric grade would indicate.  I was watching a few horror books but wow did those things jump up in the last few days !

On 11/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, Terry JSA said:

I keep looking at this book and I want it. The temptation to bid on it is there but I have this feeling that’ll it go for more than what I’m willing to pay for it. 

This book is high up there on my grail list. 

39F81417-3586-4E52-99EF-617E94427822.jpeg

It went for a lot more than I anticipated. I thought $20-30k at most for an extensively restored copy of this book. 

15EFE5B9-8E40-4586-AB44-C38408C036E5.jpeg

Edited by Terry JSA

On 11/18/2021 at 1:56 PM, szav said:

72k on the BCM 50 too… that’s not even the highest graded copy.

On the CoC19 as well, that same book sold for 1k in 2005.

The Mister Mystery #12 selling for $36k. It’s 1 of the 5 highest graded copies and Nicolas Cage once owned it too. Seems like a good purchase for whoever won it. 

On 11/18/2021 at 2:51 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I am shocked at the prices the PCH is bringing!:wavingwhiteflag:

A lot of the PCH books sold for solid prices. That Tomb of Terror #15 (CGC 9.6) went absolutely ballistic! Went from a $10,000 internet bid all the up to $48,000 in the live auction. :whatthe:

Edited by Terry JSA

On 11/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, adamstrange said:

It was a very impressive collection, in the top 3 that I'm aware of.  The dregs were sold off in a special session a couple weeks ago.

Whales are generally too busy making money to participate in the social events here on the Boards.

Or eating krill.  They require a lot of calories. 

On 11/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, IngelsFan said:

Wow. Just, wow.

image.jpeg

I'll second that.  :whatthe: 

I've got a decent midgrade of that issue. If I squint... and maybe have a few glasses of wine... it looks pretty much the same?

On 11/18/2021 at 12:33 PM, Gregd said:

So with these prices, do they more or less reflect the quality of the collection, or does it mean PCH (esp desirable covers) are going upward? 

I suspect both.  It will be interesting to see what the 8.0 file copy of Chamber of Chills 19 goes for tomorrow.