• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

The Marvel 1 CGC 7.5 "underperformed." Some folks thought it would break a mil.  I was a bit surprised it sold for roughly $90k a point, which was my estimate for mid to lower grades.  Because it's a higher graded copy, I was thinking increments above that.  Oh well.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:47 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Wow, AF15 has DROPPED!!! Great time to buy a copy. But as has now been pointed out, because I wasn’t looking close at the book but that color touch removal definitely affected the sale.

C8EE5CD4-2B8B-4202-8F56-35E1473921D5.png

Restoration removal 🤢

On 3/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, Chicago Boy said:

MC 1 underperformed IMO by A LOT. I was expecting a cool Mil.  I bow down to Gotham Kid

The Bat was a higher grade, plus it was hyped. The 7.0 Bat 1 went for 660 and the Marvel 1 7.5 went for 675. Grade for grade pretty close. 

On 3/30/2023 at 12:30 PM, Professor K said:
On 3/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, comicjack said:

Mask 1 was able to make a profit  :banana:

Yeah we predicted that would be the only Promise to at least break even. 

Both Eerie #1 and Mask #1 were up from the last sale.  Horror is still strong.  But I don't know how someone can justify paying $144K when it last sold for $102K less than 2 years ago, but that is just me.  I wonder if this will be up for auction again in a year and a half. (shrug)

On 3/30/2023 at 2:40 PM, mjoeyoung said:

Both Eerie #1 and Mask #1 were up from the last sale.  Horror is still strong.  But I don't know how someone can justify paying $144K when it last sold for $102K less than 2 years ago, but that is just me.  I wonder if this will be up for auction again in a year and a half. (shrug)

Horror and classic covers will always be sort after