• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,187 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 5:38 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

She looks the part, can't say that I know much about her chops.

She's a fantastic actress.  Check out Killing Eve.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, piper said:

She's a fantastic actress.  Check out Killing Eve.

I don't have time for that. lol I'll take your word for her, though.

That being said, Brie Larson is also allegedly a "fantastic" actress, and her performance in CM blew chunks. I'm trying to think if there have been any actors in the MCU that I consider "bad" but put in a good performance.

unfortunate news: Marvel/Disney has hired comedy writers to write the --script for Fantastic Four. 

https://geekculture.co/marvel-studios-fantastic-4-movie-taps-comedy-writers-jeff-kaplan-ian-springer/

I am really looking forward to a serious and well done FF movie but now I am unsure what the result will be. What I do know: Marvel's "comedy" leaves me wanting something else. :(

Edited by Artboy99

On 9/23/2022 at 11:14 PM, Larryw7 said:

The MCU is on really shaky ground right now.

I'm getting close to the point where I don't care anymore.  The excitement of Phase 1-3 along with the excitement for the beginning of Phase 4 is almost 100% gone for me.  The rumors that are out there now don't really get me excited either.  They only things I'm semi-interested in now are Blade and a potential Hulk VS Wolverine movie (it's a long shot I know).

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 9/23/2022 at 11:57 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I'm getting close to the point where I don't care anymore.  The excitement of Phase 1-3 along with the excitement for the beginning of Phase 4 is almost 100% gone for me.  The rumors that are out there now don't really get me excited either.  They only things I'm semi-interested in now are Blade and a potential Hulk VS Wolverine movie (it's a long shot I know).

Luckily the heavy focus on comedy didn't start sooner.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, Artboy99 said:

unfortunate news: Marvel/Disney has hired comedy writers to write the ---script for Fantastic Four. 

https://geekculture.co/marvel-studios-fantastic-4-movie-taps-comedy-writers-jeff-kaplan-ian-springer/

I am really looking forward to a serious and well done FF movie but now I am unsure what the result will be. What I do know: Marvel's "comedy" leaves me wanting something else. :(

the key word in that story is "reportedly." hopefully it's not true. :frown:

On 9/23/2022 at 3:33 PM, Artboy99 said:

unfortunate news: Marvel/Disney has hired comedy writers to write the ---script for Fantastic Four. 

Can they (Disney/Marvel) screw us any harder than they already have? Turning Thor into a living, breathing joke wasn't enough?

On 10/21/2022 at 4:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

He does have the advantage of bearing some resemblance to the true Dr. Doom, that being the dearly departed Alan Rickman.