• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,120 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2023 at 10:25 AM, kimik said:

FF has not been relevant since the mid to late 60s, as the Fox movies have shown. The MCU mistake was letting Sony have their top property....................

I have to respectively disagree here .... the Byrne run, from most of the 80's, was very popular and sold like hotcakes. The Ultimate run spawned the Zombie storyline, and the Claremont run is some of the best Comic work I ever read. It would definitely need to be free of the laziness and the Frankenstein patchwork, composed of "Easter egg" type story solutions, for a successful Movie franchise to occur. Sometimes I wonder if it is the audience who have become irrelevant. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 1/28/2023 at 8:00 AM, TupennyConan said:

I don't know if RG will work as Reed. He is 42. They will need at least 10 years out of him.  

I do know that they need an actor with charisma, as Reed should replace Stark as the future central MCU lead. 

The next 10 years will need to be the FF-DOOM-Galactus story, together with Xavier's school. I'm not certain how those two stories will fit together. 

It is my sense that at present the MCU has lost all of its popularity & has become a joke, or has intentionally made a joke of itself, with the culture responding with appropriate ridicule, yawns, & eyerolls.

Disney's intentional self-destruction teaches us something about the spirit of our day.  

e8495ac03c49ce6a67e779846a2266ed.gif

Oh, I bet some folks are now going to celebrate Avatar: The Way of Water.

Marvel’s first family is getting a rewrite. Josh Friedman, who worked on Avatar: The Way of Water and developed Snowpiercer as a TNT television series, has been tapped to write the --script for Marvel Studios’ Fantastic Four. Matt Shakman, who was the key director behind Marvel series WandaVision, is on board to helm the feature that has a release date of Feb. 14, 2025 and is set to kick off “Phase 6” of its storytelling universe.

Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer were the previous writers on the project and Friedman’s hire signals a potential change in tone. Kaplan and Springer are neophyte scribes known for their comedy scripts. Among the works they have in development are the Rebel Wilson comedy K-Pop: Lost in America and Disaster Wedding, which has Palm Springs filmmaker Max Barbakow attached to direct.

Friedman, on the other hand, is a veteran of the sci-fi genre. He co-wrote War of the Worlds, the Steven Spielberg-Tom Cruise update on the H.G. Wells classic, and then acted as the writer-creator of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, the Terminator TV series that served as his first foray into the world of James Cameron. Years later, he would return to work on 2019’s Terminator: Dark Fate and was one of the writers Cameron turned to help in world-building and crafting stories for his multi-movie Avatar franchise. The scribe is also the show co-creator of Foundation, the ambitious Apple series adapting the Isaac Asimov stories; the second season is due to debut later this year. And he adapted for the small screen Snowpiercer, TNT’s take on the Bong Joon Ho’s sci-fi movie, although he left the show over creative differences.

Especially the references to family and caring for one another.

:shiftyeyes:

Edited by Bosco685

Makes sense. The Phase 1-3 movies were more serious in tone for the most part. Things went of the rails with Thor Ragnarok and GotG 2 with the forced humor. The MCU has not been the same since then.

That being said, we will see if it is the writer or James Cameron who is the magic behind Avatar, and my bet is that it is not the writer.................

On 3/31/2023 at 2:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

Oh, I bet some folks are now going to celebrate Avatar: The Way of Water.

Especially the references to family and caring for one another.

:shiftyeyes:

Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer were the previous writers on the project and Friedman’s hire signals a potential change in tone. Kaplan and Springer are neophyte scribes known for their comedy scripts.

2cmaybe the message is getting through

On 3/31/2023 at 5:26 PM, paperheart said:

Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer were the previous writers on the project and Friedman’s hire signals a potential change in tone. Kaplan and Springer are neophyte scribes known for their comedy scripts.

2cmaybe the message is getting through

Marvel Studios has now brought on a heavy hitter with experience.

The scribe is also the show co-creator of Foundation, the ambitious Apple series adapting the Isaac Asimov stories; the second season is due to debut later this year. And he adapted for the small screen Snowpiercer, TNT’s take on the Bong Joon Ho’s sci-fi movie, although he left the show over creative differences.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

Come on. Don't you want to know which of them experienced The Decimation which then when they came back they ended up in the Quantum Realm and that is where they received their powers from some random Stark Industries reactor that was accidentally transported there by Ghost somehow? As long as the entire backstory comes from Luis, I'm down with that.

Man they messed up in the last Ant Man not having these guys at all.  This was comedy done right.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:06 PM, Browns81 said:

They’ve proven competent with X-Men movies in the past so I don’t have a lot of worry there.  Their FF4 movies have been dog spoon so I don’t have the same warm feelings about it.

You are aware marvel didn't make those X-men movies right?

On 4/5/2023 at 9:28 PM, Mr Sneeze said:
On 4/5/2023 at 7:06 PM, Browns81 said:

They’ve proven competent with X-Men movies in the past so I don’t have a lot of worry there.  Their FF4 movies have been dog spoon so I don’t have the same warm feelings about it.

You are aware marvel didn't make those X-men movies right?

But I'm not as sad about the X-men as regards marvels plans, because I feel we have had some great X movies from Fox.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:36 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

But I'm not as sad about the X-men as regards marvels plans, because I feel we have had some great X movies from Fox.

About 4 out of 9. I guess that's okay, in hindsight, considering how good the good ones really were. They were excellent films: X2, First Class, DOFP, and Ummm... hhmmmm. That's it for the X films, unless I can count my guilty pleasure of X3 The Last Stand, which I can't defend, but enjoy. But considering we also have to add in Logan, and the 2 Deadpool movies, I'm okay with the results. They were either excellent or carp, not much of an inbetween. 

On 4/5/2023 at 9:53 PM, Cat said:

About 4 out of 9. I guess that's okay, in hindsight, considering how good the good ones really were. They were excellent films: X2, First Class, DOFP, and Ummm... hhmmmm. That's it for the X films, unless I can count my guilty pleasure of X3 The Last Stand, which I can't defend, but enjoy. But considering we also have to add in Logan, and the 2 Deadpool movies, I'm okay with the results. They were either excellent or carp, not much of an inbetween. 

X2, First Class, DOFP, Deadpool are all outstanding and for me, better than most marvel fare though I would include First Avenger, Winter Soldier and Iron-man in that group of great CBM's. Logan, by far though is my favorite and I think is easily the best in the genre to date. I just don't see marvel topping the good stuff here. My opinion of course.

On 4/6/2023 at 12:23 PM, Browns81 said:

Of course, but we’ve seen those movies can be good.  We have not seen that from FF4.

I'm going to be an arse for a second, and I apologise, but it's either 'FF' or 'F4'. 'FF4' is the Fantastic Four 4.