• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,120 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2023 at 4:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

Come on. Don't you want to know which of them experienced The Decimation which then when they came back they ended up in the Quantum Realm and that is where they received their powers from some random Stark Industries reactor that was accidentally transported there by Ghost somehow? As long as the entire backstory comes from Luis, I'm down with that.

No doubt, no doubt.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:53 PM, Cat said:

About 4 out of 9. I guess that's okay, in hindsight, considering how good the good ones really were. They were excellent films: X2, First Class, DOFP, and Ummm... hhmmmm. That's it for the X films, unless I can count my guilty pleasure of X3 The Last Stand, which I can't defend, but enjoy. But considering we also have to add in Logan, and the 2 Deadpool movies, I'm okay with the results. They were either excellent or carp, not much of an inbetween. 

For me, the Fox X-Franchise top list would be:

1) X-Men: Days of Future Past

2) Logan

3) X2

4) Deadpool

5) X-Men: First Class

6) The Wolverine

7) X-Men (2000)

8) Deadpool 2

9) X-Men TAS 1992-1996

There's so much more good/great in these than some give them credit for. And with The Wolverine sure - Act 3 is odd at times. But those first two acts are so good with Logan dealing with the loss of his healing abilities while taking on the Yakuza and Ichiro's clan.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:08 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

X2, First Class, DOFP, Deadpool are all outstanding and for me, better than most marvel fare though I would include First Avenger, Winter Soldier and Iron-man in that group of great CBM's. Logan, by far though is my favorite and I think is easily the best in the genre to date. I just don't see marvel topping the good stuff here. My opinion of course.

It's really weird to me that The Avengers, and Infinity War, seem to be left out of these discussions lately.

On 4/6/2023 at 3:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

2) Logan

3) X2

4) Deadpool

6) The Wolverine

7) X-Men (2000)

8) Deadpool 2

9) X-Men TAS 1992-1996

There's so much more good/great in these than some give them credit for. And with The Wolverine sure - Act 3 is odd at times. But those first two acts are so good with Logan dealing with the loss of his healing abilities while taking on the Yakuza and Ichiro's clan.

Great list!

On 4/6/2023 at 7:50 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's really weird to me that The Avengers, and Infinity War, seem to be left out of these discussions lately.

If you love them, that’s great. They just haven’t stayed with me in any meaningful way. It’s funny how disposable villains and no stakes will do that. Movies that made a great deal of money but not great movies imho. I would never say they did not entertain. They were well worth the price of admission.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:31 AM, Mr Sneeze said:

If you love them, that’s great. They just haven’t stayed with me in any meaningful way. It’s funny how disposable villains and no stakes will do that. Movies that made a great deal of money but not great movies imho. I would never say they did not entertain. They were well worth the price of admission.

You think that those 2 Avengers movies fit this bill!?

On 4/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You think that those 2 Avengers movies fit this bill!?

Yes! I do! lol

They work for you though and that’s great! Enjoy! I don’t think they’re bad, just not great. They are far too contrived imho but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fun.

l have no desire to rewatch either. Remember, l’m a grumpy old man.

On 4/6/2023 at 3:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

2) Logan

3) X2

4) Deadpool

6) The Wolverine

7) X-Men (2000)

8) Deadpool 2

9) X-Men TAS 1992-1996

I really agree with you on The Wolverine. I really can`t think of one Marvel Phase 4 movie that was better than The Wolverine a under-rated movie.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:39 PM, Cat said:

I'm going to be an arse for a second, and I apologise, but it's either 'FF' or 'F4'. 'FF4' is the Fantastic Four 4. 

Haha probably a habit from my younger days arguing about Final Fantasy games!

On 4/19/2023 at 4:43 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

From Daniel Richtman, who's been about as reliable as anyone else when it comes to MCU rumors...

ScreenShot2023-04-19at4_41_20PM.thumb.png.6f21ad2abd6202ceec74ff6681e432a2.png

This was reported earlier.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

Casting someone of Adam Driver's ilk I think helps solve one of the difficulties I see in making a live action version of the FF, Mr. Fantastic in particular: how do you make him NOT come off as goofy or silly on screen? Casting a serious and highly respected actor like Mr Driver helps immensely, because right out the gate, Mr. Fantastic can be taken seriously because he's Adam Driver. Of course, the character would have to continue to earn that respect throughout the future movie with a well written part and a good story (see: Rise of Skywalker).

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Casting of characters aside, I feel the biggest issue with a Fantastic Four movie is how do you make "stretching" not look goofy?  So far no one has figured that one out.  From what I understand Disney dropped that aspect of Ms. Marvel in her TV show as well.

On 4/19/2023 at 6:16 PM, media_junkie said:

Casting of characters aside, I feel the biggest issue with a Fantastic Four movie is how do you make "stretching" not look goofy?  So far no one has figured that one out.  From what I understand Disney dropped that aspect of Ms. Marvel in her TV show as well.

I am hoping at this point Marvel Studios realizes it has to do something amazing to win back all fans - not just the hardcores and more relaxed general audience that will go to anything MCU now (see Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and Wakanda Forever that even mediocre made big money). But then I worry with that latter statement the MCU has this incredible buffer. Though that didn't pay off with Ant-Man 3 at all.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

On 4/19/2023 at 6:16 PM, media_junkie said:

It's going to look 'weird' no matter what because the VFX artists will have to expand/contract Mr. Fantastic's body with material that doesn't exist on his character design. Despite that, I thought the VFX for his ability looked fine in DS2. 2c

My problem with Adam Driver is I can't 'see' him as Reed in my mind's eye. He's just not Reed material to me. I look forward to being proven wrong, should this rumour prove to be true.