• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,120 posts in this topic

Are there actually any hard facts about the FF movie?

All I see are different actors, directors,writers and time-era's.

If they want to avoid another disaster, then cast the actors, choose a writer and director, nail the premise of the movie, then film it.

Just seems like they are throwing stuff out there and waiting for feedback.

Personally - I'd like a non Dr Doom movie.

Surely with Namour appearing in BP 2 then it would be sensible to crossover to the FF movie and add Kang to tie in the new Avengers castings and set up the Kang + Namour V Avengers + FF double movie finish like they did with Thanos.

It worked, so stick to tried and trusted IMHO (without the damn comedy - keep that within the Thor movies please!)

2c

On 11/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, Beige said:

Are there actually any hard facts about the FF movie?

All I see are different actors, directors,writers and time-era's.

If they want to avoid another disaster, then cast the actors, choose a writer and director, nail the premise of the movie, then film it.

Just seems like they are throwing stuff out there and waiting for feedback.

Personally - I'd like a non Dr Doom movie.

Surely with Namour appearing in BP 2 then it would be sensible to crossover to the FF movie and add Kang to tie in the new Avengers castings and set up the Kang + Namour V Avengers + FF double movie finish like they did with Thanos.

It worked, so stick to tried and trusted IMHO (without the damn comedy - keep that within the Thor movies please!)

2c

I actually never thought about a non Dr. Doom movie but it could work and they just introduce him at the end.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:00 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

I actually never thought about a non Dr. Doom movie but it could work and they just introduce him at the end.

I floated a similar idea to this before; Cover their origin story, and have them defeat the same first villains as the source material:

• Mole Man
  • Skrulls
  • Miracle Man
  • Namor

We were just discussing in the car on the way back from viewing #2 of Wakanda Forever how incredible it would be if they ran two concurrent storylines leading up to two different "final confrontations" with Namor and Kang.  FF/BP take on Namor, Avengers (whatever that will mean) taking on Kang.  With the multi-verse there is no reason everything has to fit into the same set of movies.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:13 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

Grumpy old man moment…

Hide contents

I would argue that with a multi-verse, there’s little point making any movies.

Agree completely...I feel it's ruined a lot of what the first phases have built.  I'm not a Dr. Doom fan at all either and I don't see why he's so popular overall.  Maybe Doom can see that the multiverse is the real threat and fight to end it?

On 1/4/2023 at 11:52 PM, mattn792 said:

Chicks dig the green cape.

Of course! Fashion was never a strong point for me. If the FF film’s a success and they suddenly become in vogue, I’ll think about getting one to add to my default T-shirt and jeans to improve my appeal.

Edited by Ken Aldred