• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,120 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2023 at 5:16 PM, media_junkie said:

Casting of characters aside, I feel the biggest issue with a Fantastic Four movie is how do you make "stretching" not look goofy?  So far no one has figured that one out.  From what I understand Disney dropped that aspect of Ms. Marvel in her TV show as well.

That seems like the LEAST goofy thing about Ms. Marvel they could have dropped for the series.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:45 PM, Mystafo said:

That seems like the LEAST goofy thing about Ms. Marvel they could have dropped for the series.

???

I sincerely don’t understand what else is goofy about Kamala Khan besides her comic book embiggen powers. Other than that she’s a Pakistani-American teenage girl  who lives in New Jersey and is a Captain Marvel superfan.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

???

I sincerely don’t understand what else is goofy about Kamala Khan besides her comic book embiggen powers. Other than that she’s a Pakistani-American teenage girl  who lives in New Jersey and is a Captain Marvel superfan.

Ah, I was actually thinking about star portal girl from DS 2...my mistake, as Kamala is less goofy than her.  Apologies.

On 4/20/2023 at 4:24 PM, Mystafo said:

Ah, I was actually thinking about star portal girl from DS 2...my mistake, as Kamala is less goofy than her.  Apologies.

I sincerely don’t understand what else is goofy about "star portal girl" besides her "star portal girl" powers. Other than that she’s a Mexican-American* teenage girl who has lesbian adopted parents.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:27 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I sincerely don’t understand what else is goofy about "star portal girl" besides her "star portal girl" powers. Other than that she’s a Mexican-American* teenage girl who has lesbian adopted parents.

Aren't they her real parents from a planet where there are no men?  I could accept actual adopted parents who happened to be gay...if it were both now THAT would be sumpthin!

Edited by Mystafo

One name that has long been part of the conversation is Disney alum and Oscar-nominated actor Adam Driver. Now, a new rumor provided an update on Marvel Studios' intentions in casting the Star Wars sequel trilogy star. 

Is Adam Driver Mr. Fantastic?

Update (4/22): Insider Jeff Sneider corroborated the report that Adam Driver is in talks for Marvel Studios' Fantastic Four movie, stating on The Hot Mic podcast that he's heard that the studio has offered the 39-year-old actor the role of Reed Richards.

While other actors, including Penn Badgley and Andor's Diego Luna, were also rumored to play the Fantastic Four lead, the fact that Driver is reportedly "in final talks" points toward him as the front-runner. 

Honestly, the casting of Reed Richards is the least of my concerns re. an FF movie.

And...It's not like Ioan Gruffudd or Miles Teller were bad (although Teller was arguably too young).

The role calls for portraying intelligence and gravitas - that's it.

The challenge with an FF film is nearly every other aspect of the team is goofy.

I was excited for the 2015 film because the trailer promised its leaning into the body horror aspects in a serious manner - only for the film to entirely ditch that tone in ~15 minutes. The issue, 100%, was the writing - not the cast.

Edited by Gatsby77

I’ll go ahead and say it. I think one reason Adam Driver keeps his hair long is because he has a very long face. Long hair balances out a long face. So if he is the next Mr.Fantastic, will he keep the long hair or get the comic book accurate haircut, thus making said long face more pronounced? Or is said long face part of a reason why Marvel is interested in casting Driver as a character whose physical super power is making himself long? 

On 4/23/2023 at 5:00 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I’ll go ahead and say it. I think one reason Adam Driver keeps his hair long is because he has a very long face. Long hair balances out a long face. So if he is the next Mr.Fantastic, will he keep the long hair or get the comic book accurate haircut, thus making said long face more pronounced? Or is said long face part of a reason why Marvel is interested in casting Driver as a character whose physical super power is making himself long? 

No man, it is his ears, his ears are huge and sit out way far from his head.  He uses his hair to help cover that up.

f8390b0df6dbaba73c3ccf6fc8addc95.jpg

On 4/23/2023 at 7:04 PM, media_junkie said:

No man, it is his ears, his ears are huge and sit out way far from his head.  He uses his hair to help cover that up.

f8390b0df6dbaba73c3ccf6fc8addc95.jpg

Long hair hides a lot of things. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a tramp stamp on the back of his neck.