• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SECRET INVASION show (2022?)
5 5

311 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2023 at 6:43 AM, Cman429 said:

It takes real talent to turn Samuel L Jackson from the coolest dude ever to an Internet meme laughingstock 

Please post some of the memes. I haven't seen them, yet.

There was an interesting end scene that could serve a purpose moving forward. 

All off work creatures are considered enemies of the United States.  

How will this impact the MCU moving forward?  Thor?  Groot?  There are plenty of off world Superhumans.  This could be of interest in the way that the Mutant Registration Act and similar storylines were handled.   

On 7/28/2023 at 10:55 AM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

That`s been one of the biggest problems with Marvel. Their CGI is just so bad now. I remember at one time Marvel movies had state-of-the-art CGI. Now mediocre at best.

Infinity War was peak MCU VFX. Professor Hulk in Endgame did not look as good as Thanos, and everything fell off a cliff after that. However, I don't recall many VFX problems with No Way Home. Seems to be a CBM exec problem. Marvel lacks conviction and strangles deadlines; DC either poorly-funds or simply rushes their developments post-Snyder (for the DCEU, specifically).

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 7/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Infinity War was peak MCU VFX. Professor Hulk in Endgame did not look as good as Thanos, and everything fell off a cliff after that. However, I don't recall many VFX problems with No Way Home. Seems to be a CBM exec problem. Marvel lacks conviction and strangles deadlines; DC either poorly-funds or simply rushes their developments post-Snyder (for the DCEU, specifically).

It's almost like if you are continually rewriting, reshooting, have poor management, and refuse to change release dates that this may cause a problem.

I keep rumours that some companies have actually blacklisted Marvel in retaliation for their shenanigans. I laughed it off as BS, but now I'm wondering if there might be a grain of truth to it. 

On 7/29/2023 at 7:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

You create this excessive expectation fanbase. They go as far as trolling other studios and creators for not following the same mold. You deviate from that establish mold to change things up. That fanbase reacts lukewarm to negative to the new approach. Now blames the fans for those expectations.

waving-the-monster.gif.214aad4e2a7cd5be9d58e961bb588ea9.gif

Doctor Frankenstein: "I don't understand why the Monster keeps killing people with his lack of a soul, damaged brain, and abnormal look. Can't he just appreciate I gave him life and enjoy?!"

All of it comes across so poorly, hence why having a YouTube channel dunking on Disney is a full time job right now.

Characterising the typical viewer as "rabid" looks desperate.   It gives us a clear indication of what the senior stakeholder meetings at Disney must be like.   Complete contempt for the typical viewer, and offering up a bad product is just passed off as "we gave them something different to their expectations".   

They're a sinking ship at this point.

I kinda liked it.  Not as much as Loki or Hawkeye, but more than Ms. Marvel.  At the end of the series, the actions of the President of the U.S. could provide a storyline for the X-Men. If that happens then the events in Secret Invasion could be very important. 

On 7/30/2023 at 7:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

Reporting sites are definitely riding that quote. But not the first time of late MCU creators blame the fans for a misstep.

Secret_Invasion_Expectations.thumb.jpg.aa82664df045721103f222ab6695fd20.jpg

Everyone blames the fans if something isn't well received, and they wonder why fans have stopped showing up.

Edited by media_junkie

On 7/30/2023 at 8:29 AM, drotto said:

I know people say, why should we care it's just mindless entertainment, but that's the point.  I no longer care about even mindless entertainment when it is poorly done, so like many others, I consume less. I do still want to be entertained, but the just consume attitude that we are currently getting leaves me feeling like these projects are wasting my time, and are not enjoyable.  Life is too short to be wasting that much time. 

This! This! This!!!  :acclaim: