• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

I am still hoping we eventually get to revisit Darth Maul in a proposed future season of Obi Wan or another series (hoping there is a second) to explain how he gets from Clone Wars to Han Solo to his death at the hands of Obi Wan in Rebels. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, Buzzetta said:

I am still hoping we eventually get to revisit Darth Maul in a proposed future season of Obi Wan or another series (hoping there is a second) to explain how he gets from Clone Wars to Han Solo to his death at the hands of Obi Wan in Rebels. 

There are a couple interesting angles they could take if they decided to explore the Maul connection any more. The one thing I don't recall being answered is why there were three Iquisitors on Malchor when Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka unexpectedly crossed paths with Maul. It's been a while since I watched the episode, but I seem to recall that they were on Malachor before Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka arrived. Were they there for Maul while he's in exile? Was Vader really after Maul or was Maul after a showdown with Vader?

Speaking of his exile. Getting more information on the transfer of power from Maul and Q'ira as leader of Crimson Dawn could be interesting. She learned a lot about the Dark Side from him and kept many of his Dark Side artifacts. She wasn't force sensitive or anything, but definitely interested in the history and lore. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/20/2022 at 12:05 PM, awakeintheashes said:

There are a couple interesting angles they could take if they decided to explore the Maul connection any more. The one thing I don't recall being answered is why there were three Iquisitors on Malchor when Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka unexpectedly crossed paths with Maul. It's been a while since I watched the episode, but I seem to recall that they were on Malachor before Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka arrived. Were they there for Maul while he's in exile? Was Vader really after Maul or was Maul after a showdown with Vader?

Speaking of his exile. Getting more information on the transfer of power from Maul and Q'ira as leader of Crimson Dawn could be interesting. She learned a lot about the Dark Side from him and kept many of his Dark Side artifacts. She wasn't force sensitive or anything, but definitely interested in the history and lore. 

Had to go back to Rebels on YouTube.

The Inquisotors were chasing some Jedi Holicron artifact and wanted to get to it before the Ghost crew.  Exra brings back Maul to help fight the Inquisitors and when one of them says, "The rumors are true. Darth Maul lives."  They did not know for sure that he was alive so they were not specifically hunting for him.  This also means that it was unknown that Maul was leading Crimson Dawn or whether or not he survived whatever removed him from power as the head of Crimson Dawn in the ten year span.   

On 6/20/2022 at 12:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

Had to go back to Rebels on YouTube.

The Inquisotors were chasing some Jedi Holicron artifact and wanted to get to it before the Ghost crew.  Exra brings back Maul to help fight the Inquisitors and when one of them says, "The rumors are true. Darth Maul lives."  They did not know for sure that he was alive so they were not specifically hunting for him.  This also means that it was unknown that Maul was leading Crimson Dawn or whether or not he survived whatever removed him from power as the head of Crimson Dawn in the ten year span.   

Thanks. Now it's coming back to me. My son just entered the age where I think he's old enough for Clone Wars and Rebels. Looking forward to watching it all over again with him. 

well here's hoping that the actor who plays third sister will learn to act by the time she joins up with obi-wan and becomes a hero.

sorry, but this show is ridiculous. vader would let her live because why??? tala makes a speech to obiwan, apropos of nothing, just before she is shot, as if announcing, i'm gonna have my death scene now. terrible writing. i'm disappointed, not that i should have expected much after the fiasco that was bob a. fett. 

nice to at least see hayden christenson get another gig after watching an anonymous person with james earl jones' voice do his part. so, when beaten annakin got the bath treatment ten years ago, it made his whiny voice transform into the deepest, most powerful voice in the universe? nice!

On 6/20/2022 at 9:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This show sucks. When Darth Vader said, "Third Sister", it sounded so profoundly bad. Why did they give her such an awful name?

LANGUAGE ! ! !

Think of the younglings. :frown:

Yeah, I liked #5 a lot more than the others, although I agree we have some plot and writing problems all the way through this show (agree that Bael looks like a fool for defying their agreement -- never sacrifice character for a plot device).  If they can hit the landing, show will probably earn a B- from me overall.  (However, I did enjoy the 'prequel-era' lightsaber scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin, and I like how they're using lighting in the lightsaber scenes in general; the reflected light on the faces adds some drama.)

Dan

ps Vader's voice kicks .

On 6/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, MR SigS said:

If only Qui Gon Jinn knew a lightsaber through the gut could be shrugged off, probably none of them would be in this mess.

When the Grand Inquisitor returns at the end of Episode 5 he flat out says, "Revenge does wonders for the will to live, don't you think?"  There have been plenty of cases where dark side users survived wounds that Jedi normally would not have by focusing in on their rage and hatred to use the dark side to keep them alive.

That's how Anakin did it as well. 

I'm watching the final episode now. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/22/2022 at 12:11 AM, Buzzetta said:

There have been plenty of cases where dark side users survived wounds that Jedi normally would not have by focusing in on their rage and hatred to use the dark side to keep them alive.

You'd think a dark side user would be a bit more thorough when trying to kill a dark side user. 

I don't get why anyone would pull the lightsaber straight out anyway. I'd go straight up. :idea:

On 6/22/2022 at 3:53 AM, MR SigS said:

You'd think a dark side user would be a bit more thorough when trying to kill a dark side user. 

I don't get why anyone would pull the lightsaber straight out anyway. I'd go straight up. :idea:

lol Maul survived being cut in half. 

Overall I liked the series. 

If you are looking to hate it... you will.

If you are able to just sit back and enjoy it... you will do that too. 

Now at some point, I will watch this Moon Knight thing and then Ms Marvel. 

Edited by Buzzetta